Coach Butch Jones Appreciation thread

There's always room for one more Vol fan in alabama, and No, he's saying those others are (and I'm saying, our coach is trending up !).
--

Butch, you gave Alabama a pretty good fight a couple of years ago, even with a couple of freshmen OL. I think you can do it again this year / might even win a pretty close one if everyone's healthy ! Beat Bama ! Go Vols !

Not sure what you are saying with " theres always room for one more Vols fan in Alabama" but okie dokie. I hate Alabama football more than any other sports team that has played a sport. Id root for ISIS if they were playing Alabama. But being a Vols fan does not mean you must be absent of fact and the fact is Nick Saban is not trending down in the slightest bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Reading comprehension is hard. I said besides Saban. The ones I mentioned as trending down were Sumlin, freeze, Malzahn.

Yeah i went back and read what you wrote. I gotcha, confusing wording. But who am i to say something about anothers english? Lol.
There was a poster on here a couple weeks ago that said Sabana was trending down, and defended it. Cant remember who it is.

Anyway, my bad man.

I really thought this thread was a joke...did we time warp back to April 1st?

5 Million bucks a year to be mediocre?

Don't get me wrong he's much better than Dooley but he's not proven to be a championship winning coach.

Reactions: 2 people
I hear he's polite to children and old people. That's always a good thing.

This was meant to be an appreciation thread but negas couldn't resist the urge to come and spread some fertilizer. Can't let a chance to zing our Coach go by I guess.

All you Nega's should be ashamed. This is why we can't have nice things.

I appreciate Butch for his passion and relentlessness. The effort he has invested is massive. He stepped into a dumpster fire situation and has shaped us into a respectable team made up of a lot of class people. Though overnight success would be sweet, it is unrealistic to expect it... and experience shows me that it often just a veneer. Programs must be built the right way to last, and there will be speed bumps along the way. We are on our way...:eek:k:

Reactions: 4 people
This was meant to be an appreciation thread but negas couldn't resist the urge to come and spread some fertilizer. Can't let a chance to zing our Coach go by I guess.

There is a difference between realism and negativity.....I bleed Orange through and through and would like for Butch to succeed, but the sample size of his poor coaching decisions grows more discouraging by the day. Call me negative if you want but it's realistic.

All you Nega's should be ashamed. This is why we can't have nice things.

I would think for an adult fan it would be easy to find something good about the program and even Butch, without the sophomoric comments, in a thread that clearly states that's what it's for.

Does it seem gay or something to some of you that somebody wants to find something good to talk about within the program? Is it an e-cred type thing?

Clean shaven, nice to old people and children, Angel soft. Lol, seriously?

I don't get it. Can you or any of the others answer it?

Thanks.

Reactions: 6 people
I would think for an adult fan it would be easy to find something good about the program and even Butch, without the sophomoric comments, in a thread that clearly states that's what it's for.

Does it seem gay or something to some of you that somebody wants to find something good to talk about within the program? Is it an e-cred type thing?

Thanks.

I was merely noting the things I appreciate about Butch Jones. Why do we all have to like the same things about him?

Thanks.

Can the UGA game, sideline rant in Neyland be used? That was both epic and awesome.

butch-jones-is-pissed-a.gif

Last edited:
Some folks like to think they are stirring the masses into a teeth-grinding frenzy...maybe they are trying out for a hate news/radio commentator spot. Or a spot in a flick playing the caricature angst-riddled teen or the "I don't suffer mediocrity, because that makes other people think I'm mighty spectacular" character.

Some might be clinically depressed and will not yet seek the help they need.

It's a lot easier to be around and have positive thoughts about the last group.

I thought it was too.

I really don't care what's posted, I just asked a question.

Im down with what he did with the lettermen (Vol Walk, Running thru the T) Renewed a thrill for a good friend of mine that gave him props for it. Even tho he probably would swing more to the nega side on here.

I believe I pretty much asked you what your aim was, didn't I?

And I told you....it was to list the things I appreciate about Butch Jones. I'm sorry my list wasn't management approved.

I figured listing his ability to beat up on lower tier Big10 teams in a bowl game would have been too contentious....so I went with his $100,000 Mercedes recruitmobile.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back