Coach Butch Jones Appreciation thread

Finally players to the NFL - 3 straight bowl wins - Look forward to Vols football more than I ever did with Dooleys circus

Reactions: 3 people
I appreciate Coach Jones for making the Big Orange competitive again. It wasn't that long ago(4yrs) people were saying "man, I just hope we can keep it close" in games against teams like Bama or Oregon. Now, hopefully we can keep improving and win some championships for Coach Jones sake.

Reactions: 6 people
Thanks Butch! I have been a fan since your first press conference. I really hope this team stays healthy and outperforms what the pundits predict. I think the 2018 recruits are seeing that Butch has put together an awesome staff. I can't wait for September. GO VOLS!

Reactions: 3 people
Saban trending down...lol

There's always room for one more Vol fan in alabama, and No, he's saying those others are (and I'm saying, our coach is trending up !).
--

Butch, you gave Alabama a pretty good fight a couple of years ago, even with a couple of freshmen OL. I think you can do it again this year / might even win a pretty close one if everyone's healthy ! Beat Bama ! Go Vols !

Reactions: 2 people
Despite his shortcomings (mostly due to injuries imo), Butch has been a blessing in a lot of ways. Recruiting has been good, GPA's are up. He's united VFL's. And has all, but rebuilt this program, back to what it once was. He genuinely cares, he did what no one else wanted to do. He gives his all for Tennessee. He's made football exciting again. He's kept GA in check and let UF know, they don't own us. And even had the mighty tide on the ropes. Is he a NC caliber coach? I don't know, but you have to admire and respect what all he has done. As Phil would say, he "works like heck".

Reactions: 9 people
I appreciate Butch and his work and his pay check, and I also appreciate the fans who still give him a chance as our Vol HC (Vol fans are the best). Also, don't hold it against people who don't feel as I do because there's still a lot for him to accomplish to get us back to '98...brick by brick...and, as always...

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol....good thread, and on behalf of Behr and JP, they send their warmest "thank you's"....

Butch is a very good recruiter, loves Tennessee, and runs a clean program for the most part. Despite his warts, those are things I think we can all appreciate.

Mostly this. Not sure he "loves" Tennessee. He loves the check. But everything else is probably true.

Butch is a great recruiter, good motivator, keeps the program clean, and genuinely cares about his players. Most level headed Vol fans appreciate all the hard work he's put in for this program. We all want to see him succeed but it's ok to be somewhat cautious about his job security.

He has to win the games he's supposed to win this season. He can't afford to lose to somebody like Vandy or SC cause that just means more trouble for him. No one is expecting him to win an National Championship but we expect to be competitive in each game and win the SEC East. I'm so sick of us handing the East to Florida every year cause of one game that Butch laid an egg in.

Like I said, I'm pulling for the man to succeed. He's made it this far so he needs to prove his worth to the program or else, he'll be replaced. Simple as that.

I think we forget or don't know how far our program and AD fell after 2008! We weren't good in anything except softball! I don't think anyone could have gotten us up faster than Butch has. SCe and vandy were inexcusable last year but that happens everywhere. If we don't back our coaches, players & program, we are helping to tear it down.

GO BIG ORANGE!!!

Reactions: 1 person
To be against Coach Jones is to be against Tennessee! We have no room on this forum for people who do not like our magnificent head coach, a true VFL inside and out!
Looking forward to winning the SEC this year! And if somehow we get hit with the injury bug again, I will be prepared to support my Vols in the Liberty, Memphis, Music City, or whichever bowl they play in. Back you coach or back off! :rock:

To be against Coach Jones is to be against Tennessee! We have no room on this forum for people who do not like our magnificent head coach, a true VFL inside and out!
Looking forward to winning the SEC this year! And if somehow we get hit with the injury bug again, I will be prepared to support my Vols in the Liberty, Memphis, Music City, or whichever bowl they play in. Back you coach or back off! :rock:

You're slightly more effective than IknoxvolsI at trolling, but only very, very slightly. :)

CBH has taken great steps to put the Vols on the map. We are so close to being being "Back". Thanks Butch.

Now finish the job and maintain that status for a good long while.

Go Vols!

I appreciate he has done all this work for free because of his love for the Chippewas...i mean Bearcats...I mean Vols

Last edited:

VN Store

Back