Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

I think the only RP I’ve tried is the Number 6, bought “onesies” a couple of times but it’s been a while. Bought more than once so I suppose I liked it.
Otherwise there’s just too many different varieties to get a handle on so I mostly just stay away.

Reactions: loggervol
I finally found a olmec. I’ve been trying to find one for a few months now.
IMG_0738.jpeg

This olmec is wonderful. Chocolate, oak and black roast coffee with some nuttiness and real nice retro. Yum.
This is definitely a nice smoke. I highly recommend this cigar.

Bought this at a little shop in Morristown. They had a nice selection of cigars. I got a few more. It wasn’t to bad price wise for what I bought.IMG_0739.jpeg

Monte espada oscuro, drew maduro, Don Carlos, pledge and a le bijou

Last edited:
Boys - gettum while they are hot!
1711653009592.png

A lot of exclusions but still plenty of good stuff to be found. I like to use this on occasion to get things that are not often at auction or in other deals.
1711653181507.png

I finally found a olmec. I’ve been trying to find one for a few months now.
View attachment 630178

This olmec is wonderful. Chocolate, oak and black roast coffee with some nuttiness and real nice retro. Yum.
This is definitely a nice smoke. I highly recommend this cigar.

Bought this at a little shop in Morristown. They had a nice selection of cigars. I got a few more. It wasn’t to bad price wise for what I bought.View attachment 630184

Monte espada oscuro, drew maduro, Don Carlos, pledge and a le bijou
You were close to my old stomping grounds, CNC grad. I miss that area.
Oh, and nice haul!

You were close to my old stomping grounds, CNC grad. I miss that area.
Oh, and nice haul!
Did you know Jamie Elliot? He has a younger brother but I can’t remember his name. I think it might be Paul but I’m not sure.

Boys - gettum while they are hot!
View attachment 630214

A lot of exclusions but still plenty of good stuff to be found. I like to use this on occasion to get things that are not often at auction or in other deals.
View attachment 630215
Which website is this?

Last edited:
Not sure. Name is kinda familiar.
Class of 88, I grew up in Kentucky.
Just loved East Tennessee.
I think he may have graduated from cnc about the same time. He’s from Morristown but they have a sawmill above Pineville. It’s back towards Red Bird Kentucky.

I think he may have graduated from cnc about the same time. He’s from Morristown but they have a sawmill above Pineville. It’s back towards Red Bird Kentucky.
I remember some guys I wrestled with from Morristown. Seems like there were a lot of folks there, Dandridge, New Market, Straw Plains, etc… lol. Good times, I was grandfathered in to the legal age for alcohol being 18.
Lived thru it.

And back to regular chat.
I gave this another try while in the woods a couple of weekends ago. Not as bad as the first one, burn and draw was much better. Construction was fine. Lots of cedar the whole way thru. Pretty consistent. Probably won’t get again, just wanted to update from a previous review.IMG_8473.jpeg

Definitely want to try the massacre. They are usually on back order or sold out.

That Partagas Cameroon is really good also.

I’ve been wanting to try that Caldwell La Barba red but it’s usually sold out or on back order.
Have you tried the Cohiba Black? I got a tip to try from a well known wizard. Better than the Macassar imo, CP has robusto 5 pack for 39.99.

I doubt that I will ever have more than 50 cigars on hand at any given time. Presently, I manage my cigars with a hodgepodge of wooden boxes, ziplock bags, and bóvedas. Always bóvedas.

A simple cedar lined humidor capable of storing up to 50 60-ring-gauge cigars with an analog hygrometer doesn’t seem to exist. It’s either big fancy cabinets powered by electricity or desktop boxes with capacity for 20 gordos or 50 exquisitos.

I am confounded.

I doubt that I will ever have more than 50 cigars on hand at any given time. Presently, I manage my cigars with a hodgepodge of wooden boxes, ziplock bags, and bóvedas. Always bóvedas.

A simple cedar lined humidor capable of storing up to 50 60-ring-gauge cigars with an analog hygrometer doesn’t seem to exist. It’s either big fancy cabinets powered by electricity or desktop boxes with capacity for 20 gordos or 50 exquisitos.

I am confounded.
Tin, a lot of people use an airtight Tupperware bowl with boveda packs. Some say it’s just as good as a humidor. I have a desktop that probably holds 35 sticks, it’s supposed to hold 50. I think I gave 65$ for it at the smoke pit. But, I would say the Tupperware or a Rubbermaid airtight bowl would be the cheapest. You would just have to buy a hygrometer. I bought a cheap digital one on Thompson’s for about 9$. It has the temp and the humidity readings on it.

Have you tried the Cohiba Black? I got a tip to try from a well known wizard. Better than the Macassar imo, CP has robusto 5 pack for 39.99.

Both are really good. The Cohiba red dot and blue are bleh, the macassar, the black and surprisingly the Connecticut are worth getting. The Nicaragua didnt strike me as memorable one way or the other.

I find the Macassar to be more smooth chocolate with cinnamon and spices (not heat), while the Black is more rich dark chocolate and sweeter (which makes sense as a maduro). The connies are quite different of course but they do have a good bit of flavors and are a great mild smoke that isnt grassy like an R&*J (mind you I like grassy sometimes but just comparing the two).

I wouldnt pay $20 a stick for them of course but when cigarbid has them cheap or thompson has a 5 pack deal on any of them, they are def worth snapping up.

Speaking of humidors, @butchna how is yours working out for you?
Very well. Took the time to season it and added some Patels. Been busy with a wedding and was looking to add some Cubans family friend brought from the island…but son-in-law thought it was a gift FROM me when I showed them to him and absconded with it.

Very well. Took the time to season it and added some Patels. Been busy with a wedding and was looking to add some Cubans family friend brought from the island…but son-in-law thought it was a gift FROM me when I showed them to him and absconded with it.

You seriously gotta have a talk with that boy. Thats the kinda thing to get your disowned from the family. 😄

I am confounded.
I used to have a desktop box, which was adequate when I shopped at the tobacco store. I would by 5 or so cigars a week and didn’t need a ton of storage. I only started using online stores about a year ago doing five packs and deuces created the need, so I got another desktop. After that wasn’t enough and for simplicity I got one of the heated plug in units in lieu of a third box, it holds all I care to have on hand. I use one of the old desktops for dry boxing if I feel the cigar has been in the Humi for a while. One of the drybox sticks I’ve had since Christmas, one since January.
IMG_8853.jpegIMG_8854.jpeg
Case Elegance has a nicely constructed non electric cedar “cabinet style” box for around $200. I think it’s advertised to hold 100, so it should handle 50 toros without a problem.
IMG_8855.png

VN Store

Back