Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Did chores, rode my bike… Time for a macassar and a little Tennessee sippin’ whiskey.
View attachment 632147
Is this wind wreaking havoc on your burn line too?
We’ve been having just a light breeze when it isn’t blowing 10-15 mph here. And, it’s absolutely driving me crazy with my burn line. I’m trying turn my cigar to keep it even but I keep forgetting because I’m trying to enjoy myself. So, I keep getting a run down one side.

tmp.gif

Reactions: malinoisvol
Is this wind wreaking havoc on your burn line too?
We’ve been having just a light breeze when it isn’t blowing 10-15 mph here. And, it’s absolutely driving me crazy with my burn line. I’m trying turn my cigar to keep it even but I keep forgetting because I’m trying to enjoy myself. So, I keep getting a run down one side.

View attachment 632185
Yes. A few Macassars have had to be touched up for burning unevenly.

Reactions: loggervol
Well, I had to try the EP-Carrillo New Wave robusto this morning after breakfast. The “Connecticut” wrapper is smooth and unblemished, warm brown rather than blonde. The filler is a blend of Nicaraguan and Dominican. There’s more flavor than one would expect - leather, spice, and a little sweetness in the finish. Smooth from the first third.
IMG_2009.jpeg

Picture perfect day. Chores done. Changed the oil and fuel filters in my truck, pretty productive day.
I really like this flathead, it’s big, full bodied but has a little sweetness. Tons of smoke. It’s can be overpowering on a hot summer evening but just right for today.IMG_8892.jpeg

I ordered from Cigar Page a ten pack of H. Upmann 1844 reserve robustos. They shipped me E. P. Carrillo New Wave robustos and a flag. 🤔
View attachment 632190
My order confirmation is for the Upmanns. Has anyone else experienced this from Cigar Page?
I’ve had that happen. Spoke to a really nice customer service lady, I ended up keeping what they sent. I don’t remember if they offered anything for the “trouble”.

Well that definitely explains why your alligators are so ornery,
6c8e264f-80c8-42e2-af5f-83bbae32272d.gif

1712629479173.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered from Cigar Page a ten pack of H. Upmann 1844 reserve robustos. They shipped me E. P. Carrillo New Wave robustos and a flag. 🤔
View attachment 632190
My order confirmation is for the Upmanns. Has anyone else experienced this from Cigar Page?
Coda: when shopping on Cigar Page, I select desired items as I see them, then adjust my order at checkout (I’m retired, on a budget, and obtain premium cigars on sale when I’ve been a fiscal champion). I thought that I’d dropped the E. P-Carrillos from my last order. CP says that they processed the EPCs as a separate order. C’est la vie.

Reactions: loggervol
Given that the H. Upmann 1844 reserva robustos arrived last night, I lit on up after breakfast. Initial impression - a little grass, a little leather, a little wood - flavorful & smooth from the light, given the dark wrapper.
IMG_2020.jpeg

Edit: As I progress into the first third, nuttiness and spice are evident. Good draw, even burn, firm ash. I’m liking this cigar. Medium body, full of flavor.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back