Chris Low Has KY Above Us

Lol, dont know what I was thinking but this thread made me wonder what ky jelly had to do with anything. WOW

Agree with him. We hae nothing tried and true at our front lines. Time will tell....but you really cant argue with the blog.

Says the Vanderbilt fan.

Can I argue with you about being a Tennessee fan?

It's not my place to say but I'm going to say it... you're not a Tennessee fan. No Tennessee fan cheers for Vanderbilt. Even if they attended Vanderbilt for educational purposes.

Since when did VN start giving a fat flyin fart what Humpty Dumpty has to say about the Vols??

Chris Low...relevant since, ummm.... never.

post it in the locker room, dorm room, training room, weight room, lunch room, bathroom stalls, showers, and bulletin boards all over campus so the team, students, faculty and fans have the biggest orange chip on their shoulder in 25 years!

I'm not sure we have ever been this "not very good."

Every year during those 25, Tennessee has fielded a team solidly comprised of better football players than UK. I'm not sure that will be the case this year. The margin will certainly be smaller than it has been over the course of the streak.

Even with the game in Knoxville, this will be UK's best opportunity in a generation to steal one.

They screwed up a very good chance last year when they took us to overtime at UK then missed a field goal in OT and their D let Hardesty trot 20 yards into the endzone untouched. I think that will have been a better chance this this year or hopefully for many more years.

Last edited:
Low blow.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Three weeks ago, I would have agreed with you with a PASSION. But with our starting defense now in the semi-shambles it is, there at least a risk we could land lower than I would have believed earlier. The reason I say risk is because I don't believe 100% we will sink with all hands lost because I got this persistent feeling that this particular team has an attitude. Especially the offense. It's like they aren't playing only for the UT but to show everybody is a liar about them being no good. But the risk of what Low says is there without question.

Now, Kentucky as someone stated isn't a pushover anymore. They play with pride and back down from nobody. Just ask Tebow. And they play until the final whistle. Word around Lexington here is the players are out to show that Joker is no joke, they really like their coach. Thus I think it very unwise to continue the looking down the nose at KY and making comments to fuel the fire, these guys play us tougher every year now. There's your warning right there.

Other than the Georgia ranking (who should be behind Auburn), Low's prediction looks pretty spot on.

I'm all for optimism, but what leads posters on here to believe that UT will be better than 11th in the SEC?

They screwed up a very good chance last year when they took us to overtime at UK then missed a field goal in OT and their D let Hardesty trot 20 yards into the endzone untouched. I think that will have been a better chance this this year or hopefully for many more years.

Yes, they had a very good chance last year after the late fumble. They had an even better chance in '07. The '06 and '01 and '95 and '88 and '87 games were too close for comfort. But in every one of those years, Tennessee put a better football team full of better football players on the field than Kentucky did.

I'm not sure that is going to happen this season.

Says the Vanderbilt fan.

It's not my place to say but I'm going to say it... you're not a Tennessee fan. No Tennessee fan cheers for Vanderbilt. Even if they attended Vanderbilt for educational purposes.

I did. But I don't. I mean, I wouldn't really mind if they won most weekends of the year, but I wouldn't go so far as to cheer for them unless it was just to screw up some other SEC team.

Seriously people, I don't see why you are making attacks on the man for this. This isn't nearly as outrageous as some of you think.

Says the Vanderbilt fan.

Clay Travis

Who cares what Chris Low thinks about Kentucky? Seriously. I'll worry about them when I see them beat us in my lifetime.

Chris Low is really losing it yesterday he was on Finebaum kissing his butt and now he does the unthinkable.

One thing I liked about Kiffen is the intensity he brought to Tennessee that will really lacked under Fulmer. He also showed if we show up to play we can beat anyone (ie alabama). We lost key players, but we have improved in a lot of areas (possible coaching) I think if we bring the same intensity as last year and show up to play on saturday no game is unwinnable. Its the sec we can upset anyone any given game

[insert generic rant about how Chris Low / ESPN hates the Tennessee Volunteers football program here]

[insert generic rant about how Chris Low / ESPN hates the Tennessee Volunteers football program here]

I don't think Chris Low hates UT. But I absolutely think he's too spineless to ever rate UT anything but as low as possible to avoid looking like a homer.

i'm torn between making a mario "cake" joke, a portal cake joke, or a chris low joke in response

I vote the portal cake joke.

"The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak," and,
"The Enrichment Center reminds you that the Weighted Companion Cube cannot speak. In the event that the Weighted Companion Cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice."

Writers are herd animals following the leader.

Two years ago Georgia somehow got annoited greatest team in the country by some writer and everyone followed suit, except of course for Georgia, they were still the same old Dawgs.

This year someone decided we have no SEC capable talent and are now Vandy Part II, and all the other writers are following suit.

Unfortunately, I think we will be still a middle of the pack SEC team, but we will be competitive with all the other middle of the pack SEC teams; and Kentucky is still Kentucky.

Our wr's and rb would easily start at Kentucky by a landslide. Our DE's and safetys as well. Kicker, punter, LB's, i could go on and on. Not trying to start anything with you, but we have more talent than Kentucky on this team, not a doubt in my mind. Depth may me an issue in some spots, but not talent.

Kicker and punter that will play for UT have never kicked in college. D Locke and R Cobb would start for UT...so that argument is wrong. LB's....our "best" LB is a former walk on. Sorry, but UK has more talent........but they will still get beat!:)

VN Store

Back