Chris Low Has KY Above Us

In that same blog he has UGA 3rd overall. I don't really agree with that. Anyway UT is going to be very low in the polls and ranking until we prove otherwise. With all the injuries and off-field issues, this team is going to have to fight its way back up. I'd rather us be the underdog for now. Teams can rally around that and suprise some teams.

I have heard a number of the players (i.e. Stocker, Walker, etc) discuss that being picked 5th in the East motivates them to some degree.

Hope they see this garbage from Low, as well.

If Blimp Hubbs blogged about ranking buffets I'd find him credible. Blimp blogging about sports, esp. football, no thanks.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Lets face it, we have had so many on and off the field issues how can you blame anyone for doubting us? We are getting zero respect right now and to be honest I can't blame anyone for doing that. We have got to earn our respect back and we can do that by running the program clean and feeding all the doubters a big sh-t sandwich by taking care of business on the field. Maybe the lack of respect will motivate guys and bring them to a talent level the so called experts aren't predicting. V,B!

I don't have a clue what the "power rankings" are even supposed to represent. The status of the program, an evaluation of this years team? It's useless. And Low has been on a serious knocking on the Vols kick for several years.

Doesn't matter at the end of the season, only W's and L's. We had a lot of morale building losses last year and that sucked just as bad as getting blown out. In fact, it was probably worse. W's and L's, that's all the matters in the end.

This has been posted before, Low is just using some recent events to further his argument... Whatever, I could care less what he thinks. If I had a job with ESPN, I would say Tenn is gonna win the NC this year, doesnt mean we are.

I will consider KY above us when they have beaten us 26 (I think?) times in a row... I am almost 25, so to be able to say that I have never seen Tennessee lose to a team that we play every year is pretty rediculous. Go VOLS!

He has you guys as the 11th best team in the sec this season,which I disagree with. For the record I think the vols come in 4th in the sec east this season and also the 9th best team in the sec. Here is low's rankings:

1. Alabama: A lot has been made about what Alabama has to replace this season on defense. HereÂ’s another way to look at it: Take a gander at what the Crimson Tide have returning on offense and the way theyÂ’ve stockpiled talent on defense.

2. Florida: The nucleus of those teams that reeled off 22 straight wins is gone, but new leaders and new stars are sure to emerge in Gainesville, led by junior quarterback John Brantley and a freshman class brimming with talent.

3. Georgia: Redshirt freshman quarterback Aaron Murray doesnÂ’t have to be spectacular. If heÂ’s just steady and takes care of the ball, the Bulldogs have enough talent around him to make a legitimate run in the East.

4. Arkansas: Too bad for the Hogs that itÂ’s not the first team to 30 points that wins the game. They have one of the most explosive offenses in the country, but still have to prove theyÂ’re going to hold up better defensively than they did a year ago.

5. Auburn: The reinforcements are coming for the Tigers, whose lack of depth caught up with them last season. Several players in their No. 4-rated signing class should make an immediate impact, starting with quarterback Cameron Newton.

6. LSU: All the chatter about whether Les Miles is on the hot seat could dissipate in a hurry if some of the TigersÂ’ young talent comes through. Also, does the light come on this season for junior quarterback Jordan Jefferson?

7. South Carolina: The Gamecocks could easily be up there around No. 3 or No. 4, but their history says they wonÂ’t. Their returning talent says otherwise, especially since it looks like junior quarterback Stephen Garcia is more motivated than ever.

8. Ole Miss: The addition of Jeremiah Masoli is a coup for the Rebels if he stays out of trouble and plays the way he did at Oregon in leading the Ducks to the Rose Bowl. Either way, Ole Miss will be in a lot of games thanks to its front seven on defense.

9. Mississippi State: The BulldogsÂ’ defensive line has a chance to be one of the most improved units in the league. TheyÂ’re still looking for more playmakers at receiver, but Dan Mullen has this program pointing in the right direction and thinking bowl game.

10. Kentucky: The Derrick Locke-Randall Cobb tandem is a nightmare for any defensive coordinator. But the Wildcats made their move under former coach Rich Brooks with better players on defense, and a lot of those guys are gone.

11. Tennessee: There hasnÂ’t been a lot of good news lately for the Vols, who are being probed by the NCAA and lost a pair of starting defensive linemen to injuries last week in practice. Derek Dooley is committed to doing it the right way, but itÂ’s going to take some time.

12. Vanderbilt: We know new coach Robbie Caldwell can carry an audience. HeÂ’s a genuinely funny guy. Now we find out if he can help restore some semblance of an offensive edge to a Vanderbilt team that went belly-up on that side of the ball last season.

I have a feeling the streak ends this year.

yea right. They couldnt even beat us the year we lost to Wyoming and they were supposed to be good that year as well.... The problem is by that time in the schedule, our team is experienced and ready, and they are KY... That doesnt make it any harder...

GO put your blue wig away and get back on the orange side of the fence.

UK has more talent!
That is why they are ahead of us.

At no point in the last 25 years has UK had a more talented team than UT.

UT has faced dismissals and three coaches in three seasons. UT still has more talent in their top 60 players than UK.

I have never liked Chris Low and it's a shame that all the SEC posters that post on his blog think that he is a Tennessee homer. Yes, he is an alum ,but he hardly ever has anything nice to say about his alma mater. The same goes to Finebum.

i don't know, kentucky is no pushover anymore. the last few times we have met it has gone into overtime. that games gets me nervous. i dont' want to be a student at UT when we lose to them. they are a decent team and beat UGA last year.

There's a better than average chance that you'll be a student when it happens.

at the end of the day, Kentucky is Kentucky. Enough said - in my lifetime, i have never lost to UK, ever

at the end of the day, Kentucky is Kentucky. Enough said - in my lifetime, i have never lost to UK, ever

Guess the fact that we hold a record 25 year winning streak against the Cats means nothing. We have beaten them, even when we were not very good at all.

Guess the fact that we hold a record 25 year winning streak against the Cats means nothing. We have beaten them, even when we were not very good at all.

I'm not sure we have ever been this "not very good."

Every year during those 25, Tennessee has fielded a team solidly comprised of better football players than UK. I'm not sure that will be the case this year. The margin will certainly be smaller than it has been over the course of the streak.

Even with the game in Knoxville, this will be UK's best opportunity in a generation to steal one.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back