Cheating Under Rick Barnes

@BDavisAAS: Curious to see response from Tennessee. Impossible to believe Rick Barnes wouldn't know the story was in the works.

Some texas reporter

AAS is the Austin American-Statesman. It's the Austin newspaper, and he's the lead Texas FB and MBB beat writer. He's probably in a position to know.

Reactions: 1 person
But he found it necessary to publish an article that be front page news and contribute to the image that Tennessee athletics are a dumpster fire.

I hate the media. Posts stuff for clicks even if they don't know all the story or etc. I guess it's a love-hate thing but damn can they be ruthless.

A few questions, why wasn't this reported earlier when it happened? And why wait until now to release this info? If cheating is going on, wouldn't it be reported immediately? I don't discredit the story as I have no knowledge of the events other than what's reported, just question the timing

@mikefinger: UT says it's reviewing three cases over a nine-year period mentioned in the report. Says it's found no evidence Barnes knew of allegations.

UT here is Texas. I think the whole UNC thing has us scared. This will pass and the stupid media got its clicks.

I hope I'm right :)

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know if this was posted earlier or not, but the reporter that wrote the article was on the Josh and Will show. He basically stated that; although there is always a possibility of something being pursued these days, he did not feel that Coach Rick Barnes was in any real danger of repercussions. The player that was cheating actually pulled out a cellphone and took pictures of test questions and texted them to his contact for the answers.

@BDavisAAS: Per Texas statement, former men's basketball coach Rick Barnes did not know "or was involved in any academic improprieties."

He had no idea

Reactions: 3 people
If Texas is saying Barnes didn't know, it sounds like they know there's no chance it can be pinned on him.

I don't know if this was posted earlier or not, but the reporter that wrote the article was on the Josh and Will show. He basically stated that; although there is always a possibility of something being pursued these days, he did not feel that Coach Rick Barnes was in any real danger of repercussions. The player that was cheating actually pulled out a cellphone and took pictures of test questions and texted them to his contact for the answers.
One of three players being investigated

@BDavisAAS: Per Texas statement, former men's basketball coach Rick Barnes did not know "or was involved in any academic improprieties."

He had no idea

Here is the only story I'm concerned with. If he didn't know, no big deal

@mikefinger: A previous UT investigation cleared the school of wrongdoing in the J'Covan Brown story last winter. The new ones are Walker and Tucker.

The only way to have a BB program & not get caught cheating is to hire Calipari. He's WAY too good at cheating to get caught.

Reactions: 3 people
Seems like a hack piece, especially when it says an earlier investigation in December
Indicated possibly hundreds of athletes involved,but only mentions 3 basketball players...

Is anyone supposed to believe no one on the football team isn't involved? Sounds more
Like an academic and university problem more than a Rick Barnes problem if there is any
merit to it at all

Dave Hart's vetting process: "Well Ricky do you have any potential infractions we don't know about?"
"Nope."
"That's what I wanted to hear big guy."

Reactions: 9 people
Seems like a hack piece, especially when it says an earlier investigation in December
Indicated possibly hundreds of athletes involved,but only mentions 3 basketball players...

Is anyone supposed to believe no one on the football team isn't involved? Sounds more
Like an academic and university problem more than a Rick Barnes problem if there is any
merit to it at all

Now the writer is tweeting about a Facebook post he didn't include in story calling it an allegation he left out.... It's seriously a Facebook post of a player making a joke if anyone wants to sit by him in class to help him out on a test.

I mean cmon. That is a college kid being a college kid not some kind of organized scandal. UNC is an organized academic scandal. This TX junk looks like kids doing what college kids do. Heck i have cheated on a test and had a girl that wanted me do my homework before. I didn't have some organized scandal I put together. The girl offered and I said sure I'm busy what the heck.

VN Store

Back