Chattanooga Shootings...

I do believe it was Clinton who mandated military bases and other government facilities as gun free zones in the 90's.

If anyone is qualified to have a firearm in their possession, I'd think it would be military personnel.

I'm not sure if that's correct in the first paragraph. One of us should probably look up that statute to see when it was passed.

What you're showing, though, was a picture of the recruiting center.

Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke said five people died in all, including the gunman. Two law enforcement sources told CBS News that the shooting suspect was identified as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez.]
-CBS news

I'm not sure I can see the local law enforcement publicly telling a reporter that after the FBI has taken it over, though.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if that's correct in the first paragraph. One of us should probably look up that statute to see when it was passed.

What you're showing, though, was a picture of the recruiting center.
Pretty sure DTH is correct. I was AD from 80 to 05 and, iirc, it was POTUS Clinton, but for the reason of workplace violence that was happening on bases post Gulf War 1.

@1034 this am, ISIS tweeted "You will see Wonders" #Chattanooga #USA
#ISIS

I found that very surprising.

Yeah.

The Lee Highway site was also a recruitment center...and that sounds like it's a different kettle, not being a base. (And the military branches like to make them appear more accessible/ more approachable to the public, it sounds...it might also not be financially realistic that these are as stocked or armed).

Haven't seen that anywhere else. FBI's taken over the investigation, so we're not going to hear anything about this for a while.

Quite the opposite. Have you never heard the saying: a news briefing occured and the FBI showed up. Media whores.

The article posted said it came about in Feb 1992.

Yeah I read it. It just wasn't reported back then that I remember. I do seem to remember the media giving Clinton the credit.

Like I said, it was in response to workplace violence that was going on on bases back then.

Well folks, need any more evidence to start carry a gun?

I don't know whether or not that's the main thing. The guy also had a high powered rifle and was shooting from his car (sprayed out apparently more than a round, since it sounds like he reloaded).

It seems like it could be either; there's a lot here/ with this.

I don't know but I can tell you how many it takes to screw in a light bulb.

Five. Unless Palin is one of them, in which case its hopeless.

How many did it take to read Obamacare? And have you seen the new liberal lightbulbs?

Reactions: 8 people
Well folks, need any more evidence to start carry a SKS?

I don't know whether or not that's the main thing. The guy also had a high powered rifle and was shooting from his car (sprayed out apparently more than a round, since it sounds like he reloaded).

It seems like it could be either; there's a lot here/ with this.

Fixed it for him.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back