Chattanooga Shootings...

Why not?

He was injured on the job, by any enemy combatant...

Thanks hog. Just trying to see the difference. I've heard of guys getting them for cutting themselves shaving.

Not in a designated combat zone amongst other things.

As usual, the far right idiot echo chamber has gotten this way wrong. The military says extremely unlikely any fallout for the navy fellow who fired. Only issue is whether his actions contributed to confusion on scene and increased danger to police, too. That is being looked at, and I'm sure you would all agree that if the facts show his rule violation contributed then it should be looked at.

Reactions: 2 people
As usual, the far right idiot echo chamber has gotten this way wrong. The military says extremely unlikely any fallout for the navy fellow who fired. Only issue is whether his actions contributed to confusion on scene and increased danger to police, too. That is being looked at, and I'm sure you would all agree that if the facts show his rule violation contributed then it should be looked at.

As usual, you have spoken when not knowing all the facts...

You know my background. And you should also know I can speak with some authority when I say I've seen the military prosecute people on some completely idiotic **** before. And it's no great stretch of the imagination to know there is probably some overeager prosecutor out there that doesn't give a damn how many people were killed and doesn't matter this Lt Cmdr might have saved additional lives even as "illegal" as it was, they want strict adherence to the rules and would sacrifice this Officer to "serve justice."

The fact the military hasn't come out and said "it is not a path we are considering at all" means it's lurking in the background. I spent twenty years of my life working in and around the military judicial system to know if it wasn't flatly denied, it's on the whiteboard somewhere as an option. And since there has been a public outcry over said stupidity, even if this Officer doesn't get prosecuted his career is over.

This isn't a political thing as much as you really want it to be. Both parties should be outraged if the military pushes forward with charges.

Reactions: 3 people
As usual, you have spoken when not knowing all the facts...

You know my background. And you should also know I can speak with some authority when I say I've seen the military prosecute people on some completely idiotic **** before. And it's no great stretch of the imagination to know there is probably some overeager prosecutor out there that doesn't give a damn how many people were killed and doesn't matter this Lt Cmdr might have saved additional lives even as "illegal" as it was, they want strict adherence to the rules and would sacrifice this Officer to "serve justice."

The fact the military hasn't come out and said "it is not a path we are considering at all" means it's lurking in the background. I spent twenty years of my life working in and around the military judicial system to know if it wasn't flatly denied, it's on the whiteboard somewhere as an option. And since there has been a public outcry over said stupidity, even if this Officer doesn't get prosecuted his career is over.

This isn't a political thing as much as you really want it to be. Both parties should be outraged if the military pushes forward with charges.

They don't have to prosecute him to **** him over. 1 bad OER and he's done.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back