Charlotte Decommit Ebuka Izundu 6'10 PF (Miami commit)

So when is that announcement coming? Or did you make this up?

Yeah he said in a few so I've been waiting and waiting and waiting... :ermm: since yesterday afternoon. I took that as minutes but maybe he mean it as days. At any rate, are we gonna get the big guy or not?

Last edited:
@volquest1986: UNC- Charlotte Decommit Ebuka Izundu 6'10 PF ....look for him to announce very soon. 4* Stud

Reactions: 1 person
We gotta have the inside track to landing this guy. Not far from his home, former recruiter is now our assistant coach, and Oliver and Izundu have a great relationship. I feel like he may be a commit very soon. With the numbers he put up in that tournament im very impressed. Would be at least a 20 min. Guy for us next year and that also has to peak his interest.

We gotta have the inside track to landing this guy. Not far from his home, former recruiter is now our assistant coach, and Oliver and Izundu have a great relationship. I feel like he may be a commit very soon. With the numbers he put up in that tournament im very impressed. Would be at least a 20 min. Guy for us next year and that also has to peak his interest.

I agree. :good!:

If he commits does be see decent minutes next year as of now? Absolutely.

Ideally though you bring in a grad transfer post and Izundu can either redshirt or just spell him for this season.
My hope but i don't know if possible right now. Is he a legit 6'10" because he doesn't look it IMO.

Holy crap.

I'd like to see the highlights from that game. It'll be good to see what the competition looked like. Then we can evaluate his game. I've seen those stats in games before but the other team wasn't that good at all.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the highlights from that game. It'll be good to see what the competition looked like. Then we can evaluate his game. I've seen those stats in games before but the other team wasn't that good at all.

Me, too. Although I really respect Justin Young's judgement. He's been around a while.

Yeah he said in a few so I've been waiting and waiting and waiting... :ermm: since yesterday afternoon. I took that as minutes but maybe he mean it as days. At any rate, are we gonna get the big guy or not?

Pretty clear he made it up. If you look at his recent posts, he likes to claim to be an "insider." Claimed that he knew Shembari Phillips was going to be released.

Also i have heard more people say that other than VolDirector. Even people on Charlotte message boards think Izundu will end up here. I just wont listen to anyone until it comes from the horses mouth.

It seems likely he would commit here since he seemed to want out of there when we hired one of their Assistants. It looks like an easy call. You never know what a young guy is thinking coaches may want him to be quiet until signing day.

Ok BTO between Tennessee, Charlotte, Cincinnati,and Boston College do we have the edge? We have his former recruiter on staff, and we can offer the most playing time. We have also watched 3 consecutive days so we have to have a good feeling about getting this kid or else we wouldnt be wasting our time.

It seems likely he would commit here since he seemed to want out of there when we hired one of their Assistants. It looks like an easy call. You never know what a young guy is thinking coaches may want him to be quiet until signing day.

Well im holding my breath until Wednesday if thats the case.

Ok BTO between Tennessee, Charlotte, Cincinnati,and Boston College do we have the edge? We have his former recruiter on staff, and we can offer the most playing time. We have also watched 3 consecutive days so we have to have a good feeling about getting this kid or else we wouldnt be wasting our time.
I don't think thats a good basis for your argument. Just because the staff will watch a prospect a certain amount of times, doesn't mean that we're going to get a commitment anytime soon. With that said, the staff clearly wants him. Now it's about who else is pursing him as hard as us.

Have to like Tennessee's chances, they spent a lot of resources on the guy in a key evaluation period for them not to offer him a spot. Gotta think he ultimately ends up a Vol, but stranger things have absolutely happened.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think thats a good basis for your argument. Just because the staff will watch a prospect a certain amount of times, doesn't mean that we're going to get a commitment anytime soon. With that said, the staff clearly wants him. Now it's about who else is pursing him as hard as us.

Dude im not trying to make an argument off that basis. I just find it kind of funny that Oliver is there watching and he is his former recruiter. They have a good relationship, and on top of that a few days after he was hired Izundu asked for his release. I feel like that is a good sign, and i personally feel like we have the edge.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back