Charlie Strong

From TOS...
originally posted by gallavol: ESPN is saying Auburn has Charlie Strong as their top candidate. They could out bid what Hart wants to pay and we won't get him anyhow, but he does sound like a guy who is waving bye bye to to Louisville.

Reactions: 1 person
Is there something against him publicly accepting the position here and finishing out the bowl game? That alone will do wonders for recruiting seeing him play in a BCS game

LOL that largely depends on how he does. Yes it would be a adrenaline shot if he beat FL coaching Louisville right before joining us.

Good luck proving that argument. I suppose you think Saban isn't a good recruiter either, since anyone can recruit to Alabama.

Poor comparison. Sabin has quite a bit longer track record than Strong and has shown success at multiple stops. Strong may be a great recruiter. I hope he is. But he had a home field advantage at Florida, and his record at UL, while decent, isn't great. I like the idea that he'll work wonders recruiting at UT, just a bit skeptical.

I'd be on the lookout for an announcement fairly soon. I don't know when, but my stepfather (whom is connected to LWS) told me to "stay tuned, all questions to be answered soon."

This was in response to the email he forwarded me from Larry. I asked if there was an info on who Charlie strong would bring with him. Thus the answer given to me (above)

Poor comparison. Sabin has quite a bit longer track record than Strong and has shown success at multiple stops. Strong may be a great recruiter. I hope he is. But he had a home field advantage at Florida, and his record at UL, while decent, isn't great. I like the idea that he'll work wonders recruiting at UT, just a bit skeptical.

Kids want to play for Strong. Vols would have the best recruiting classes tey've ever had should we get Strong.

I'd be on the lookout for an announcement fairly soon. I don't know when, but my stepfather (whom is connected to LWS) told me to "stay tuned, all questions to be answered soon."

This was in response to the email he forwarded me from Larry. I asked if there was an info on who Charlie strong would bring with him. Thus the answer given to me (above)

This goes with what Hubbs is saying, around Wednesday. No later than Friday.

Not a comparison. Using the "anyone could recruit there" argument is unfounded. There are others who recruited at Florida but weren't renowned as good recruiters.

I'm not sure of Strong as a coach, but the one thing I am confident about with him is his recruiting. It's baffling that recruiting is what many are questioning in this thread. Going by his Louisville classes alone is not telling.

The guy is coaching at LOUISVILLE, they are not a horrible program but how many kids really want to play in the Big East for Louisville?

With the resources he would have at his disposal at UT, he would KILL IT on the recruiting trail. Add Jay Graham, possibly try and get Tee back home.......SICKKK.

Excuses excuses, thats all we get from the Strong supporters about his recruiting at UL....if he is a stud recruiter like all yall are saying then ur should be able to get a top 25class.....he hasn't

Kids want to play for Strong. Vols would have the best recruiting classes tey've ever had should we get Strong.

That would be hard, we had some pretty darn good ones under Fulmer. 1994 comes to mind immediately. But hey, I hope you're right about that!

Louisville's defense was ranked 61st the year(2009) before Strong arrived. In his very first season it was 13th(2010) then 25th(2011) and this year(2012) it is 29th. The guy knows how to coach defense and can pull in recruits. I'll take 7-8 wins for a few years until he gets some momentum going and then he WILL compete for the East every year.

You're right about that haha. I went to O'Shea's a lot my first year here. I'd say my favorite restaurant over that way is Mark's though. That barbecue is tough to beat.

Yeah I frequent Osheas and Molly's, girls everywhere. Mark's is good, Ramsi's is really good too. Now I'm getting hungry. Lol

I think Strong will recruit well and Louisville's record has improved by two games each year he has been there. I will be very interested to see they do against FL, however they dont exactly have the same caliber of players as FL.

jesus...im getting to hate Tennessee. it use to have a family atmosphere but I don't know what they are even doing anymore...HORRIBLE choice if true...

Gruden: fantasy land (joke)
Stoops: not going to happen
Peterson: pipe dream
Patterson: comfortable at TCU
Fisher: withdrew name
Gundy: same team as this year. Great offense, no defense. Should've kept Dooley
Fedora: may not want to so to UNC like Kiffin at UT
Smart: no experience as a HC
Butch Jones: no thank you
Strong: good recruiter, good DC, SEC roots and with the right OC, he could be successful.

Briles and Swinney are names I have heard mentioned.

Who else out there could UT legitimately get to lead the program that is better? I don't think Hart can make everyone happy with his hire no matter who it is. I honestly thought Hart would have someone already in mind before he fired Dooley but I guess he didn't. I am ok with Strong as HC.

Gruden: fantasy land (joke)
Stoops: not going to happen
Peterson: pipe dream
Patterson: comfortable at TCU
Fisher: withdrew name
Gundy: same team as this year. Great offense, no defense. Should've kept Dooley
Fedora: may not want to so to UNC like Kiffin at UT
Smart: no experience as a HC
Butch Jones: no thank you
Strong: good recruiter, good DC, SEC roots and with the right OC, he could be successful.

Briles and Swinney are names I have heard mentioned.

Who else out there could UT legitimately get to lead the program that is better? I don't think Hart can make everyone happy with his hire no matter who it is. I honestly thought Hart would have someone already in mind before he fired Dooley but I guess he didn't. I am ok with Strong as HC.

I'd take Davis over Strong.

VN Store

Back