Charlie Strong

He was a Rivals top 25 assistant coach recruiter for 3 or 4 years I believe. Also was ranked in ESPN's list of best recruiters a couple of years.

Thank you. Do you have a link? I can probably find it myself, but if you have one would make it easier.:hi:

I feel bad for Strong. On one hand anyone can beat the expectations Dooley laid out. On the other hand Gruden has about every fan at best willing to give a golfers clap to the man.

I believe Charlie Strong would do a very good job as our head coach if he's the guy. He fits Hart's criteria that he laid out during his press conference so I'm really starting to believe, he our guy.

RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT!!!

I feel bad for Strong. On one hand anyone can beat the expectations Dooley laid out. On the other hand Gruden has about every fan at best willing to give a golfers clap to the man.

Strong is only non Gruden coach I'd be ecstatic about. We will have the best recruiting class in years if he comes here, and his teams play solid football. Give him the talent and he'll run with it.

Reactions: 1 person
He wasn't even that high on it, every time someone would ask he put it at 5%. Hubbs was pretty sure it wasn't going to be Gruden, but would never absolutely shut the door on it because Hart would never say anything.

It was Larry putting it at 5%. Hubbs was consistent around 20%. But to say the he spoke with certainty about Gruden is not true.

He will be great here, but he is a good man so my worry is he will want to coach his young men against his old florida squad, and well..... we need him on the road recruiting.

Strong is only non Gruden coach I'd be ecstatic about. We will have the best recruiting class in years if he comes here, and his teams play solid football. Give him the talent and he'll run with it.

If we land him I'm not jumping up and down excited but of those listed and rumored outside of Gruden where any discussion really took place he's imo the best of them.

If he is hired, he will come into a crap storm and if he doesn't produce in 2 - 3 years, the same people claiming he is the Best of Best and must hire will be calling for his head.

I don't believe an inexperienced HC from a weak conference is the coach to pull UT out of the Kiffin and Dooley mess of the last 4 years.

Could be wrong, but if he comes, he is setting himself up.

Is there something against him publicly accepting the position here and finishing out the bowl game? That alone will do wonders for recruiting seeing him play in a BCS game

It's probably pretty difficult to find, because it came from his time at UF. I tried to find it.

Edit: Ed Orgeron, Charlie Strong among the top 25 recruiters - ESPN

Thank you. I'm looking for it now...in fairness have found that he was a Rival's Top 25 Recruiter 2x for Florida along with other Florida assistants (Stan Drayton, Billy Gonzales, Steve Addazio). I truly hope that I'm wrong and he comes in (if he is the guy) and recruits lights out and wins consistently.

Is there something against him publicly accepting the position here and finishing out the bowl game? That alone will do wonders for recruiting seeing him play in a BCS game

Not if Florida wipes the floor with Louisville. It would do more harm than good.

I don't want to get in the middle of this lively discussion, but I think I could recruit kids to Florida. If that's Strong's claim to fame as a recruiter, I think it's a bit misleading.

Good luck proving that argument. I suppose you think Saban isn't a good recruiter either, since anyone can recruit to Alabama.

Why should he waste his time playing Florida this year, when he gets to beat them next year :)

VN Store

Back