Charles Mosley in car accident, likely to miss this season

Was Big Charles the only one injured? No one has said anything about the rest of the family....... Just asking, hoping for a speedy recovery... Praying for family...Amen

I read that this happened in Memphis and the break was just the Tibia. Not as bad a both lower leg bones.

It happened at marker 134 on I-40 East. That's right before the Tennessee Rivet bridge. I've never felt comfortable there....it's extremely hilly and curvy...,very dangerous stretch of road...real bad if it's foggy...he's at The Med in Memphis

I had a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula before my sophmore year at UT...also from a car wreck. I had an external brace pinned to my bones above and below the break. According to my doc and also my experience, those bones are very slow to heal. I had a lot of atrophy because of the limitations of the brace and the slow recovery time. Crash happened late in the summer and the following Mardi Gras I was still in a walking cast. Not trying to be negative, just relating. Hopefully it'll be a quicker recovery than mine. The upside is high rates of complete recovery...at least that's what my doc told me and that has been my experience.

Hang tough Big Charles and get well soon.

that is some bad luck Knox,hope you are doing good now

and a speedy recovery young Mr Mosley and to anybody else in the wreck,Vol Nations thoughts and prayers are with you and the others involved

Report: Tennessee’s Charles Mosley “lucky to be alive” | CollegeFootballTalk

Tennessee freshman defensive tackle Charles Mosley was involved in an automobile accident over the weekend. The accident resulted in a broken leg, which had been reported earlier while Tennessee head coach Butch Jones awaited more information. Mosley should feel pretty lucky, because he should feel lucky to be alive.

That is the word from highway patrol, according to Go Vols Xtra. The story is behind a pay wall, so subscribers will be able to get more information, but the idea that highway patrol thinks Mosley is lucky to even be breathing today is a scary thought. He was in the car with family, according to the Associated Press.

A spokesperson from Tennessee’s athletic department confirmed Mosley underwent surgery on Sunday night to treat a broken tibia. Mosley was later reported to be in fair condition according to a spokeswoman at Regional Medical Center in Memphis. There is currently no timeline outlined for a possible return and rehab. Tennessee is hopeful Mosley will be released from the hospital by the end of the week.

Wow, really glad he's okay. Best of luck to him for a speedy recovery. Football second, health first.

VN Store

Back