Charles Mosley in car accident, likely to miss this season

Thanks Doogie Howser. We all appreciate the unsolicited smarty pants medical evaluation. I bet you're a blast at party's.

Just be thankful it wasn't a two page lament of how Mosley's injuries are nothing compared to his knee surgery recovery.

I spent some time on the golf course recently with a former coach who knows the Mosley family well. He stated several times what a good kid Charles is and how he respected Charles family. He said the one area of concern was Charles may be to nice on football field. Praying for Charles and a quick turn around..,,

Too nice on the football field? Sounds like McCullers 2.0.......hope not.

Speedy recovery to the guy. Don't wist this on anyone. Silver lining is that he gets another year to bulk up and get ready. Important part is that he is ok.

Too nice on the football field? Sounds like McCullers 2.0.......hope not.

Nah I don't think coach was saying its definitely a problem because he stated several times that Charles could be a dominating force...he was just meandering with his thoughts and said this...in fact...he probably meant it as a compliment to Charles character....The coach played in the SEC during his day and was kinda referring to the level it takes to play effective in the SEC...

"Update on Charles. About to have surgery on his leg to have Rods put in. He has a broken Tibula and fibula. He is fine other than the leg."

I just read that over at the 247 board and the guy posting updates there seems to be trusted by the other posters. Have no way of knowing if its true or not however so take it for what its worth.

I had the same injury. The worst part is right after surgery when your leg muscles are trying to get in sync with the rods. In 6 months or so they will be coming out. Then just strength training on the lower leg again. As injuries go it could be a lot worse. Get well big man, we need you.

I read where he was driving back to campus with his family when it happened.

Just one of lifes little challenges. Get well soon Charles!

That would be Tibia and Fibula.:ermm:

Wish the young man a speedy recovery.

grammarpolice.jpg

excuse my ignorance... was he expected to see much playing time this year?

for those who haven't seen the news in the recruiting forum: Per volquest's paul fortenberry, "...mosley was in a car accident early today and from what we understand he has broken both bones in one of his lower legs and it will require surgery. From the looks of things, with the broken bones, mosley will likely miss this upcoming season. Obviously, i'm sure charles and his family would appreciate your prayers and thoughts this evening."

get well soon big guy!

Rods is probably incorrect. More than likely a tibia nail and maybe a plate on the fib if necessary. Fib isn't nailed. It's too skinny and either resets as the tib heals or they use a plate and screws.

As big as this kid is, they probably would need railroad spikes or rebar. :crazy:

Charles Godspeed, our prayers are with you. There are reasons for everything work hard on rehab because we need you.

Thanks Doogie Howser. We all appreciate the unsolicited smarty pants medical evaluation. I bet you're a blast at party's.
I missed the memo where the edict was published that all posts up in here must be solicited and approved by you. I bet you can shut down a party in a matter of minutes.

Reactions: 1 person
Agree, I guess the only silver lining is he can really concentrate on his grades and get them in great shape, and he can also use this time to get his upper body and hand strength to a whole new level, Heal soon Big Guy!

VN Store

Back