Changing Billboards Monday morning...

There's not some monolithic entity that controls all the Butch Jones billboards in the state.

There is one. That would be the Tennessee Volunteer billboard PR program across the state.

That'd be the UT Purchasing Dept. as authorized by the UT Ath. Dept.

Has it done this? I'd bet not.
But I could be wrong.

Reactions: 3 people
Oh, they can with the right people involved.
This would be like item #100 on the ADs priority list after acquiring a new coach. How many of the billboards even have a picture of Butch? Not sure I've ever seen one.

F Gruden. You "Grudenites" are sounding like a bunch of HS girls talking about the stud QB. Get over it - he ain't coming to Knoxville.

(no blue font, so I assumed you were serious)

To the pit of misery with the unbeliever. Dilly dilly

F Gruden. You "Grudenites" are sounding like a bunch of HS girls talking about the stud QB. Get over it - he ain't coming to Knoxville.

200w.gif

Reactions: 11 people
Well, actually ...

Billboards in America are primarily controlled by a small number of companies. Lamar Advertising controls a good portion of the Knoxville market, for instance. Not saying the rumor is true (it's probably not), but the billboard industry is more or less something like a monopoly / oligopoly.

I used to represent Clear Channel, as a cog in a small firm. They bought up Eller, which was big in billboards. These guys operations centers tended not to be very big and that sort of an order would be very expensive dragging a bunch of guys in for weekend overtime work. Due to safety concerns, it's not the sort of work you'd want to go hire a bunch of day laborers to perform. OTOH, I've never seen a billboard with Butch Jones so maybe it's doable.

Lol no. Contracts don't work that fast.

I can tell you from working in the tech field that contracts can and have changed within a day, now idk if the same applies for billboard contracts but to say that contracts can't work that fast is wrong

With the right amount of money and who is asking for the change then yes it can happen

Reactions: 2 people
I can tell you from working in the tech field that contracts can and have changed within a day, now idk if the same applies for billboard contracts but to say that contracts can't work that fast is wrong

With the right amount of money and who is asking for the change then yes it can happen
Keep in mind these are Government contracts. Subject to different rules than you're used to.

Reactions: 1 person
Keep in mind these are Government contracts. Subject to different rules than you're used to.

Actually no, we deal with local governments and government contractors, I've seen us go out and put in 100M connections only to turn around a few hours later and bump that up to 500M to a gig.

Again it all boils down to who's asking for the change, if they're a top contract, i.e UT, then yes it'll get done as fast as possible

Reactions: 2 people

Do you want some French Cries with your Whah Burger?
No blue font because you’re being a d!€#.
1jzr0_s-200x150.gif

tenor.gif

Last edited:

VN Store

Back