CBB Entering The Draft Thread

This year's draft is filled with busts outside of Ayton and Bamba. Ayton is a 20/10 franchise center. Bamba is a Rudy Gobert defensive player of the year caliber rim protector.

Other than that, you're looking at role players.

Marvin Bagley reminds me a lot of Michael Beasley. A guy who isn't big enough to play the 4 but not really athletic enough to be a 3. In this era of small ball be should be able to make a living putting up empty stats but he ain't a star.

Beasley is 2" shorter than Bagley.

I do think Trey will do fine in the NBA.

It's a lot easier when you aren't having to carry an entire team on your back.

Has there been any word on if the younger Porter brother is planning on going pro? Seen he's projected a mid to late 1st rounder

Do you remember Michael Beasley? He was basically rewriting the history books in 2008 for freshmen. He was putting up huge numbers every game and had people asking whether it should be him or Derrick Rose as the #1 overall pick.

At the time I didn't believe the hype. He looked to small to play the 4 in the NBA which he played in college while also lacking the quickness and skill to be a 3. As a tweener I didn't think he would be a star. To be a star in the NBA you have to be of requisite size for your position. Guys like Draymomd Green that dominate a position for which they are undersized is rare.

Bagley doesn't look big enough to me to be a superstar at PF in the NBA.

Bagley is 6' 11" and long. Beasley is 6' 9" and short. They aren't comparable.

Reactions: 1 person
Bagley is 6' 11" and long. Beasley is 6' 9" and short. They aren't comparable.

He doesn't look 6'11" or long to me. We'll see what he measures at the NBA draft combine. I'm guessing he's really 6'9" barefoot with a 6'11" wingspan. That's decent size but nothing special. LeBron James is roughly that size and he's been a SF his entire career.

For the record Michael Beasley was only 6'7" barefoot. DraftExpress - Entire NBA Pre-Draft Camp Measurements, Combine Results Released

The NBA likes to list player's official height when they have shoes on. And some guys wear bigger shoes than others. That why a guy like D-Wade who is 6'3.75" barefoot is listed at only 6'4" while guy like Michael Beasley who is only 6'7" barefoot gets listed at 6'9" his entire life.

The player's height BAREFOOT is what I look at when comparing prospects.

Last edited:
He doesn't look 6'11" or long to me. We'll see what he measures at the NBA draft combine. I'm guessing he's really 6'9" barefoot with a 6'11" wingspan. That's decent size but nothing special. LeBron James is roughly that size and he's been a SF his entire career.

For the record Michael Beasley was only 6'7" barefoot. DraftExpress - Entire NBA Pre-Draft Camp Measurements, Combine Results Released

The NBA likes to list player's official height when they have shoes on. And some guys wear bigger shoes than others. That why a guy like D-Wade who is 6'3.75" barefoot is listed at only 6'4" while guy like Michael Beasley who is only 6'7" barefoot gets listed at 6'9" his entire life.

The player's height BAREFOOT is what I look at when comparing prospects.

LeBron BAREFOOT height is 6’7.25 so 2” shorter than what you think Bagley is going to measure at, so they are not roughly the same size even on the low end of what you think his height is

LeBron BAREFOOT height is 6’7.25 so 2” shorter than what you think Bagley is going to measure at, so they are not roughly the same size even on the low end of what you think his height is

LeBron was only 18 years old and just out of high school. He grew some in the NBA. Some guys keep growing in the NBA while others don't. For Bagley to stay taller than LeBron he would need to keep growing once he gets into the league. I wouldn't gamble on that.

Anther guy that has famously grown while in the NBA is Giannis. He measured 6'9" as a 18 year old rookie in 2013. The Bucks said he grew to 6'11" by his second season in the NBA.

You don't draft guys with the hope they grow while in the NBA.

LeBron was only 18 years old and just out of high school. He grew some in the NBA. Some guys keep growing in the NBA while others don't. For Bagley to stay taller than LeBron he would need to keep growing once he gets into the league. I wouldn't gamble on that.

Anther guy that has famously grown while in the NBA is Giannis. He measured 6'9" as a 18 year old rookie in 2013. The Bucks said he grew to 6'11" by his second season in the NBA.

You don't draft guys with the hope they grow while in the NBA.

Bagley was only 18 as of last week. Just turned 19.
If LeBron can grow at that age (which isn’t supported at all), Bagley can as well.

You just need Bagley to be the same size as LeBron for your argument to work, so you need to fudge it a little to make up the actual 2” difference.

Bagley was only 18 as of last week. Just turned 19.
If LeBron can grow at that age (which isn’t supported at all), Bagley can as well.

You just need Bagley to be the same size as LeBron for your argument to work, so you need to fudge it a little to make up the actual 2” difference.

That's taking a gamble. The fact LeBron and Giannis kept growing doesn't mean everyone else will. We know LeBron is taller than when he came into the league. We don't know if Bagley will do the same.

And for the record, all you need to do is watch any Cavs game to know LeBron has grown since getting into the NBA. He's clearly as tall, if not taller than Kevin Love who measured at 6'8" barefoot. Anyone with eyes can tell LeBron is at least 6'8" barefoot. Bagley is at best 6'9" barefoot. That makes them roughly the same size.

Here's a picture of LeBron James and Kevin Love side by side:

YUeWCRG.png

Its pretty clear that LeBron James is as tall if not taller than Kevin Love.

Here’s a picture of Wade standing next to LeBron.

lebron-james-dwyane-wade-4717-usnews-getty-ftr_5y417me7127z1etq63pc1h9b2.jpg

Wade, whom you posted earlier was under 6’4, is within 3-4” of LeBron. That would put him below 6’8, just like he was measured.

Anyways, back to the point of this thread.

Bagley will probably measure about 6’10, maybe 6’10.5 with a 7’+ wingspan. Needs to improve his shooting but his quickness off the floor is pretty spectacular at this point in his career.

Here’s a picture of Wade standing next to LeBron.

lebron-james-dwyane-wade-4717-usnews-getty-ftr_5y417me7127z1etq63pc1h9b2.jpg

Wade, whom you posted earlier was under 6’4, is within 3-4” of LeBron. That would put him below 6’8, just like he was measured.

That picture is from an angle and they're not as close to each other as LeBron and Kevin Love.

LeBron is clearly 6'8" or taller barefoot. He's grown at least 1 inch since entering the NBA as a 18 year old out of high school.

Anyone with eyes can tell LeBron is at least 6'8" barefoot. Bagley is at best 6'9" barefoot. That makes them roughly the same size.

There's absolutely no way there's only a one-inch height difference between Bagley and Lebron. Lebron is about 6'8 or so. Look at the difference between him and KD. He's a good 3" or 4" inches shorter than KD imo. KD is around 6'11 or so.

IFWT-Lebron-Durant-pool.jpeg

Bagley has routinely been measured 6'10+ since he was 15.

There's absolutely no way there's only a one-inch height difference between Bagley and Lebron. Lebron is about 6'8 or so. Look at the difference between him and KD. He's a good 3" or 4" inches shorter than KD imo. KD is around 6'11 or so.

IFWT-Lebron-Durant-pool.jpeg

Bagley has routinely been measured 6'10+ since he was 15.

Kevin Durant is 7 feet tall. He towers over centers like Anthony Davis as well. Durant is known to lie about his height. He's much taller than he's listed as.

Kevin Durant is 7 feet tall. He towers over centers like Anthony Davis as well. Durant is known to lie about his height. He's much taller than he's listed as.

Kevin is 6’10.75 without shoes on according to Kevin Durant

Looks like your height assessments are about as good as all your other assessments

Reactions: 2 people

Gasol is 7'0, maybe 7'1. Durant is clearly shorter by at least one inch (I'll be generous). This is ridiculous.

gDIPOPx.jpg

KD is 6'10 or so. Lebron is around 6'8. Bagley is around 6'10. Your guesstimates are hilariously wrong.

You mean like 10 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 assists in 14 minutes in his first game back

LOL @ stats from one game.

At least let him put together a stretch of good games before trying to act like I'm wrong.

Thus far I've been right. He's no where close to the best player from that class.

At least let him put together a stretch of good games before trying to act like I'm wrong.

Thus far I've been right. He's no where close to the best player from that class.

If being wrong is right, sure.

"Lol at stats from one game" yet you used the 19 TOTAL MINUTES he'd played before tonight to declare him a bust. Seems a bit hypocritical, no? As I've mentioned previously in this thread, your trolling is lousy, and that's being kind.

VN Store

Back