Carry Permit Holders

You should arrest everyone involved with the dairy queen franchise. Who sales ice cream and burgers from a nasty building that is a notch above porta jon? Answer....Dairy Queen.

Dairy Queen quality varies greatly in different parts of the country. The two in Murfreesboro are outstanding. The ones in Knoxville blow.

Eh, depends. I'll take suggestions, go shoot them, and decide what I'm comfortable with. I may decide one is worth more than another to me.

Im a glock guy so I'm a little biased. Any of the subcompact glocks are easy to conceal and very durable. They'll run you around $500

OE, do you have any suggestions besides the Sig for a summer carry weapon?

Also any thoughts on the Walther PPS?

The sig infatuation has always been a duty weapon. I have an in the pant holster........you would never guess it with a t shirt shorts and sandals

Walthers are solid

Im a glock guy so I'm a little biased. Any of the subcompact glocks are easy to conceal and very durable. They'll run you around $500

I like Glocks. Excellent, excellent bang for the buck. I have a buddy who has a Glock 17 and I enjoyed shooting it. I've never shot any of the compacts from them though.

The sig infatuation has always been a duty weapon. I have an in the pant holster........you would never guess it with a t shirt shorts and sandals

Walthers are solid

I also really like the Walther's I've shot, but I've never seen a PPS anywhere but on their website.

Is this similar to the holster you have OE?

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/policestuff_2203_208457859

Les Baer Thunder Ranch special 1911 and a s&w air weight most days, or a Glock 17 and said revolver. One is none and two is one.

I like Glocks. Excellent, excellent bang for the buck. I have a buddy who has a Glock 17 and I enjoyed shooting it. I've never shot any of the compacts from them though.

I also really like the Walther's I've shot, but I've never seen a PPS anywhere but on their website.

Is this similar to the holster you have OE?

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/policestuff_2203_208457859

My main carry is my PPS .380. I love it. Shoots great, nice weight, and has a good feel to it. But I still like to get my S&W M&P .45 out from time to time.

Similar, maybe. I can get the majority of my sig in my pants/shorts

Not quite what air marshalls have

OE, do you have any suggestions besides the Sig for a summer carry weapon?

Also any thoughts on the Walther PPS?

The Walther PPS is solid. I carry a 40cal PPS in a pocket holster most of the time. It is a narrow framed pistol and took a bit of range time to get use to, as I have large hands. I end up carrying the PPS about 80% of the time now. It even fits in the front of my bib overalls....lol

Later,

CH_V

I always seem to carry my Glock 21 when I'm out. Sure, it's huge, but I shoot it well, and you can't beat a .45...

I also have a Walther P99 .40, and my trusty duty, the Glock 22, which I have a tac-light on.

Anyone own a Kimber? Besides my Smith and Wesson 39-2 I shoot for fun on the range it was the most comfortable and smoothest thing I've ever shot. Accurate with it too.

Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts on the PPS. I think I'd like to get my hands on one to shoot.

Summer carry is the Ruger LC9 9mm with Crimson Trace in a pocket holster.

Winter is a Glock 27 S&W .40 in a horsehide Crossbreed Supertuck deluxe holster.

SuperTuck Deluxe | Crossbreed Holsters - Super Tuck Deluxe

I love my holster and I swear by it. Its not pretty, but its very comfortable. I can honestly carry all day long and forget that its there. Its even comfortable driving/sitting. I carry mostly at the 4 o'clock position, but even at the 6, its tolerable.

Last edited:
Ill pose the question here. Ive been in the market for a 1911 and have been hearing pretty good things about RIA. A local shop quoted me a price of $580 for a 1911 .45 RIA with trid. night sights and a pic rail. What say ya'll?

Ill pose the question here. Ive been in the market for a 1911 and have been hearing pretty good things about RIA. A local shop quoted me a price of $580 for a 1911 .45 RIA with trid. night sights and a pic rail. What say ya'll?

Expensive. Where are you shopping at? Fyi- i bought a ria 1911 compact and love it. Great basic model 1911.

I thought it might a bit steep myself, but its for the tactical model and I figured the tridium NS sights tacked on about $80-$100. Its a local gun range/shop.

VN Store

Back