Carolina Panthers

Bryce has everything you want in a QB, other than size, and I’m concerned with how Ohio State QBs have not really panned out in the NFL. The Urban system hasn’t produced a decent NFL QB since Alex Smith. (Jury is still out on Fields, IMO, but he’s not to this point show he can be a consistent passer.)
I don’t but into the Ohio St Qb argument because for so long, they recruited game managers. That’s just what they did, and it worked. Fields was the first real star QB they brought in, and he was a transfer. CJ Stroud is the first guy to commit there out of high school (and stay at Ohio St) in this new way of recruiting.

I don’t but into the Ohio St Qb argument because for so long, they recruited game managers. That’s just what they did, and it worked. Fields was the first real star QB they brought in, and he was a transfer. CJ Stroud is the first guy to commit there out of high school (and stay at Ohio St) in this new way of recruiting.
Pryor. Jones. Miller. Haskins. I wouldn’t consider those guys game managers.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Bryce has everything you want in a QB, other than size, and I’m concerned with how Ohio State QBs have not really panned out in the NFL. The Urban system hasn’t produced a decent NFL QB since Alex Smith. (Jury is still out on Fields, IMO, but he’s not to this point show he can be a consistent passer.)

The problem is they have the easiest reads in the world because their WR's are so good and the system is so simple. So it's harder to assess how good the tOSU QB really is. tOSU has 3 to 4 NFL WR's every year, and one of them invariably gets matched up with a Big 10 LB or a DB who is outclassed and they can just throw slants all day and they are wide open.

Bama has the same thing with the WR talent, but the offense is much more nuanced. Another thing is Bama QB's see the 3 safety look all year because that's what their D runs, and you rarely face that in college. The reason this is important is a 2 safety look is so easy to determine pre-snap what the coverage is, but having 3 safeties confuses the pre-snap read, so those guys are learning every day how to do more with post-snap reads.

Have you all seen the S2 testing evaluations?

S2 Cognition test results per
@BobMcGinn
: Bryce Young - 98%
Jake Haener - 96%
Will Levis - 93%
Jaren Hall - 93%
Clayton Tune - 84%
Anthony Richardson - 79%
Hendon Hooker - 46%
CJ Stroud - 18%

We stink in all areas. Bryce hasn’t shown superstar traits at the next level and the offensive line and receivers are putrid. We possibly are the new Lions. Bring out the paper bags!

He's right, though. I'm not convinced that Bryce will be a bust, but the problem is that we made a trade that only a win-now team should make.
I'm afraid Tepper might be the problem.

He's right, though. I'm not convinced that Bryce will be a bust, but the problem is that we made a trade that only a win-now team should make.
I'm afraid Tepper might be the problem.

I don’t understand why they hired a dude who wants power run game with deep vertical routes and then drafted Bryce Young, who needs to be in a Drew Brees/Brady type system. Never made sense.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Watched A lot of Carolina so far this year. Only thing I have to say about Bruce Young is he looks so tiny out there. I mean really small. Last QB I remember looking that small was Doug Flutie. I know Kyler Murray isn’t any taller, but he seems physically broader at least.

Watched A lot of Carolina so far this year. Only thing I have to say about Bruce Young is he looks so tiny out there. I mean really small. Last QB I remember looking that small was Doug Flutie. I know Kyler Murray isn’t any taller, but he seems physically broader at least.
You’re right about Kyler Murray. He definitely has a stouter build plus he’s fast.

Honestly, I feel bad for Bryce Young. There’s a lot of pressure on him as the number 1 pick and the Panthers are terrible. It’s hard to develop as a qb with a terrible offensive line and no weapons to throw to.

I won’t be surprised if Reich and Fitterer are both canned, perhaps before the season is over. This team is BADDDDD.

Have you all seen the S2 testing evaluations?

S2 Cognition test results per
@BobMcGinn
: Bryce Young - 98%
Jake Haener - 96%
Will Levis - 93%
Jaren Hall - 93%
Clayton Tune - 84%
Anthony Richardson - 79%
Hendon Hooker - 46%
CJ Stroud - 18%
I bet the Panthers are wishing they had gone after some of that 18% action right about now.

Not kidding when I say I think he was trying to get fired. He called Tepper out last week and then with some of his play-calls yesterday...yeesh!!

I don't feel better, though. Fitterer has got to go and Tepper has to agree to stay completely hands-off from now on.

Not kidding when I say I think he was trying to get fired. He called Tepper out last week and then with some of his play-calls yesterday...yeesh!!

I don't feel better, though. Fitterer has got to go and Tepper has to agree to stay completely hands-off from now on.

How can you fire a man for doing exactly what you told him to do?

Tepper will never be that guy you know that.

Haven’t watched a game in over a month and it’s done wonders for my blood pressure.

This has become the most poorly run organization in pro sports. There is no hope until Tepper sells the team. He’s proven time and time again that his ego will always rule over making the right decisions for the franchise.

VN Store

Back