Carolina Panthers

We got a 2, 3, 4, and a 5 in 2024. I like the compensation, but I’ll hate watching this team the rest of the year. Had to be done!

Agree with everything you said here. I’d love to get a few more guys off the books too.

If we secure the #1 pick and get some more big contracts out of here, I think this still is an attractive job.

Reactions: Panthro
Fire Sale in progress - Now DJ Moore is apparently on the trading block. If it's not nailed down, it's on its way out the door!

#9 pick puts us out of the running for any of the top QBs.

Trade will be necessary to go up, and I'm not sure who would be a suitor to be willing to fall back to number 9.

Going to be a very interesting offseason.

#9 pick puts us out of the running for any of the top QBs.

Trade will be necessary to go up, and I'm not sure who would be a suitor to be willing to fall back to number 9.

Going to be a very interesting offseason.
Prediction - Chicago trades back with Indy for the #1 pick. We then trade with Chicago to grab Stroud at 4.

I'm more interested in the coaching search right now. I think it will end up being Reich or Shane Steichen. I'd fully support Wilks, but I don't think he'll get it.

Prediction - Chicago trades back with Indy for the #1 pick. We then trade with Chicago to grab Stroud at 4.

I'm more interested in the coaching search right now. I think it will end up being Reich or Shane Steichen. I'd fully support Wilks, but I don't think he'll get it.

Wilks deserves a shot and Tepper might find a problem in the locker room if Wilks only gets a courtesy interview and/or doesn’t get the job. I like that they’re interviewing Sean Payton, but that would be a high price to pay.

They got rid of McCaffrey last year. With today’s trade, the Panthers have rid themselves of their #1 WR and most of their high level draft picks for the next two years, Now, all they need to do to complete the demolition of their team is to draft Richardson or Levis #1.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Let’s goooooo!! I love this move!
Being a middle-of-the-road team is not helping anybody. All we gave up is a 1st, two 2nds and Moore. I was expecting to give up more for the top pick in a draft featuring two outstanding QBs.
I prefer Young, but I’m okay with Stroud if that’s who the coaches love.

They got rid of Mcaffrey last year. With today’s trade, the Panthers have rid themselves of their #1 WR and most of their high level draft picks for the next two years, Now, all they need to do to complete the demolition of their team is to draft Richardson or Levis #1.
My buddies who are Panthers fans and only watch ACC football are in love w/ Richardson. They see him as Cam 2.0 . They have no idea

Reactions: Plecoptera
Being a middle-of-the-road team is not helping anybody. All we gave up is a 1st, two 2nds and Moore. I was expecting to give up more for the top pick in a draft featuring two outstanding QBs.
Moore was the centerpiece. Otherwise Carolina was going to include a 2025 1st. Agree it wasn’t a devastating haul but it accelerates the Bears rebuilding.

You gave up two first round draft picks, not one. It was 4 draft picks plus Moore. The draft picks were a 1st and 2nd round pick this year and next year.

You gave up two first round draft picks, not one. It was 4 draft picks plus Moore. The draft picks were a 1st and 2nd round pick this year and next year.
You know what I mean. We are swapping first round picks this year. It’s not like we aren’t getting a pick.

Moore was the centerpiece. Otherwise Carolina was going to include a 2025 1st. Agree it wasn’t a devastating haul but it accelerates the Bears rebuilding.
Some folks are getting hung up on losing Moore, but giving up a (good, not great) WR for a franchise QB is not even worth a debate.

Some folks are getting hung up on losing Moore, but giving up a (good, not great) WR for a franchise QB is not even worth a debate.
We didn’t have one and this one has a more than reasonable contract for 3 more years at age 26. Better than any free agent option and proven rather than potential draftee. Panthers didn’t want to include him. And it’s not a straight up trade…it was a sweetener to make it happen. Franchise QB has to play up to that after being drafted. We know with Fields. This was a move to boost his weapons to determine if he IS a franchise QB in year 3.

We didn’t have one and this one has a more than reasonable contract for 3 more years at age 26. Better than any free agent option and proven rather than potential draftee. Panthers didn’t want to include him. And it’s not a straight up trade…it was a sweetener to make it happen. Franchise QB has to play up to that after being drafted. We know with Fields. This was a move to boost his weapons to determine if he IS a franchise QB in year 3.
Meanwhile, the Panther's new draftee at QB will have no weapons at WR, no weapons at RB, no weapons at TE, and a mediocre offensive line.

Reactions: butchna
Meanwhile, the Panther's new draftee at QB will have no weapons at WR, no weapons at RB, no weapons at TE, and a mediocre offensive line.
They did keep their high second rounder (39th) and there are some interesting potentials in that area…but unproven. You’ve covered the remaining problems. As is they’re set to be this past season’s Bears. Wouldn’t hate that since the Bears get that pick. 😏 Would make them trading down slightly a smart move to get some assets back, but they’re set to struggle…epically.

I thought they overpaid to move up to #1, but aside from that, I'm pretty impressed with the offseason to this point. Gimme Young at #1, add another WR (aside from Theilen) via trade or FA, and we might be able to contend in the South.

Now that we're two weeks away, who do you want at #1?
I understand all the concerns about size, but I think Bryce is too good to pass on, given this opportunity. I think CJ is a great QB, but I think Bryce's ceiling is higher.
And GTFO with Richardson and/or Levis talk. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I hear people try to make that argument.

Now that we're two weeks away, who do you want at #1?
I understand all the concerns about size, but I think Bryce is too good to pass on, given this opportunity. I think CJ is a great QB, but I think Bryce's ceiling is higher.
And GTFO with Richardson and/or Levis talk. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I hear people try to make that argument.
Bryce has everything you want in a QB, other than size, and I’m concerned with how Ohio State QBs have not really panned out in the NFL. The Urban system hasn’t produced a decent NFL QB since Alex Smith. (Jury is still out on Fields, IMO, but he’s not to this point show he can be a consistent passer.)

VN Store

Back