Candy/Dessert Thread

the Cheesecake Lemon Bars come out pretty tasty :) the crust wasn't thick enough,for some reason it didn't come out quiet right,it looks to be over cooked on the edges,which it was,but the rest wasn't and you could barely taste it for some reason

the Lemon filling come out really well after it had sit for a day,the tartness had died way down,it was pretty good,but I figured out I didn't much care for the cheesecake topping,but that is just me :)

so overall not bad for my first try at one,I may double the crust the next time and go for some home made whipped topping,instead of the cheesecake one

well there will be an apple pie made in the next couple of days,I will let ya'll know how it comes out

well it is in the oven,i will try and take a picture when it is done,I'm going to make some home made whipped topping for it too

well the batteries are dead in the camera :) and it is still an hour away from being cooled down

some pie ,I'm going to make some home made whipped topping for the pie

here are the biscuits

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'm working on my first ever chocolate cake and frosting from scratch at the moment

here are the layers cooling off,I still have to make the Frosting

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 3
Not pretty, but as a cake decorator I won't judge :)

I was going for a rustic look,a cake decorator I'm not :)

actually I had a problem with the Frosting,it was way to runny when I mixed it by the recipe and I added a bunch of sugar to stiffen it up and over did it,so it was actually hard to spread on the cake

but you get a sugar buzz from eating it lol

My sugar jus went up a 100 points,dang that looks good!!!!!!

mine too lol just wait till the next cake I'm going to bake,that was my first attempt at one from scratch,the next one is going to impress

chocolate goodness gramps lol

Reactions: 1 person
mine too lol just wait till the next cake I'm going to bake,that was my first attempt at one from scratch,the next one is going to impress

chocolate goodness gramps lol

GM you ever made a honey bun cake. I have a recipe for one that's amazing

no i haven't even heard of one vols 72,post it and I may give it a try,I've got hundreds of recipes book marked,that I haven't tried yet lol but that sounds good,I assume like the Honey Bun you buy at the store ?

To lazy to type it all out lol

GM I'll find the honey bun cake recipe and get it on here

Attachments

• 20160212_203253.jpg
    20160212_203253.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 4

VN Store

Back