2 [8] oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup [2 sticks] butter, softened
2 lb powdered sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ tsp pure almond extract
reserved coconut, toasted
½ cup reserved toasted pecans
INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and flour 3 [9] inch round cake pans or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pure vanilla and almond extracts. Beat until creamy and light beige in color, around 3-4 minutes
Add the eggs 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk. After all has been added, increase the mixer speed and beat until fully combined.
Mix in ½ of the coconut and 1 cup of toasted pecans by hand.
Divide the batter evenly between the cake pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
To make the frosting:
Cream together the cream cheese and butter until light, fluffy and pale yellow in color. Add the vanilla. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until creamy and smooth.
Line the edge of the cake plate with wax paper strips.
Frost the cake between the layers sprinkling each with reserved toasted pecan pieces.
Add the final layer and frost the top and sides.
Finish the sides with toasted coconut.
Decorate the top as desired with the remaining chopped pecans.
Store chilled.
NOTES
a) To toast the pecans: Lay in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in a 350°F oven for 6-8 minutes. Cool completely before adding to the batter.
b) "How to" for toasting the coconut here
c) Alternative frosting technique: Mix the toasted pecans into the frosting by hand and spread onto the top and sides of the cake.
My sister is going to attempt to make this -- looks so good

When we were stationed in Alaska, my MIL came to visit us during the holidays. She volunteered to make a lemon pie for Thanksgiving.

She did. When I took the first bite, it became painfully clear that she forgot to add the sugar.

Needless too say, my wife no longer allows her mother in the kitchen.

Oh snap! I gotta admit I miss my MiL's cooking.

Raspberry Chiffon pie
Ingredients you will need:
9" Baked Pie Crust
3 oz package of Raspberry Jello
1/4 cup of Sugar
1 1/4 cup of boiling water
12 oz package of frozen Raspberries (I snuck 14 ounces in)
1 TBS Lemon Juice
3 oz package of Cream Cheese (softened)
1/3 cup of Confectioners Sugar
1 tsp of Vanilla
1/8 tsp of Salt
1 cup of Heavy Cream

Pick out some of the nicest looking Raspberries, if you want to put some on top at the end.

Stir Jello, Sugar, and Water until dissolved. Add Frozen Raspberries (or fresh) and Lemon Juice.*

Let sit to gel. Put it in fridge while you do next steps.

Beat Cream Cheese, Confectioners Sugar, Vanilla, and Salt until smooth.

Beat Heavy Cream until peaks form (best to use cold bowl & cold cream).
Fold into Cream Cheese mixture.

Layer into Pie Crust:
First Cream Cheese Mixture
Then Raspberry Mixture
Then Cream Cheese Mixture
Then Raspberry Mixture

Add Rosettes of Cool Whip on top if desired.
Then plop a nice Raspberry (that you saved in the beginning) in the middle of each Rosette.

Refrigerate for awhile (4 hours or more).
Can you make one of these and FedEx it to me? Thanks, you're the best.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm disappointed Windy hasn't posted in this thread!

Come on people . We need more good easy to make candy and dessert recipes.

You may want to consider renaming it.

:)

What's the recipe, please ?
Granny is always looking for easy new Christmas recipes.

Take regular saltines and put them edge to edge on a baking sheet or 9x13 lined with foil and lightly sprayed with oil. About 28 should fit.
In a kettle bring a stick of butter and half cup of brown sugar to a boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously to keep it from scorching. Pour over the crackers and spread mixture evenly before it hardens. Bake for 6-8 mins.

Meanwhile melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in the mucrowave. Take the crackers out of the oven and spread chocolate over the toffee layer. Sprinkle with m&m's and stick in the freezer for 30' or until cooled. Remove, break apart n enjoy.

Take regular saltines and put them edge to edge on a baking sheet or 9x13 lined with foil and lightly sprayed with oil. About 28 should fit.
In a kettle bring a stick of butter and half cup of brown sugar to a boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously to keep it from scorching. Pour over the crackers and spread mixture evenly before it hardens. Bake for 6-8 mins.

Meanwhile melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in the mucrowave. Take the crackers out of the oven and spread chocolate over the toffee layer. Sprinkle with m&m's and stick in the freezer for 30' or until cooled. Remove, break apart n enjoy.
I make something very similar and they are fantastic. We call it crack too because they are so addicting and everyone keeps wanting more.

Thanks, we will try this. Does sound good and easy to make.

:hi:

White Chocolate Party Mix (a.k.a. Christmas Crack in our house)
Ingredients:
1 pound family bag Traditional Chex Mix
2 pound bag of plain m&ms
1-12 ounce tin of unsalted peanuts
2-12 ounce bags of white chocolate morsels
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 200°. Combine Chex Mix, m&ms, peanuts, and white chocolate morsels in a large disposable aluminum baking pan. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring often. When chocolate is completely melted and incorporated into entire mix, pour onto baking sheet lined with wax paper. Smooth into a thin layer. Place in freezer for at least 1 hour to harden. Beak apart and store in sealed container and in a cool area.

Make sure and use Nabisco premium saltine crackers

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
Directions
1 Heat oven to 375ºF.
2 Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
3 Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

I haven't tried this one yet,but I will soon :)

Cookie recipe conversion help! | Baking Forums

ya'll are slacking,here is my first ever Lemon Meringue Pie ,looks pretty good :) now it has the long cooling off period lol

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 0
Cheesecake Lemon Bars

Cheesecake Lemon Bars Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I've wrecked the kitchen trying to make these :)

here is a picture right before I put it in the oven

I read some of the reviews and some recommended doubling the Lemon Filling so I have done that,we shall see if it comes out good or not

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1
I think I didn't double the sugar in the Lemon filling :) it is tart as hell lol
I will find out later,here is a picture of it on the cooling rack

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1

VN Store

Back