Can we win 2 more ?

I’d say we all have at one point. I love coming to Volnation to talk football, basketball, baseball, politics, gaming, weather and more. It’s shocking how many different things you can find on here. It’s an extremely well run board.

I’m going 3-1 down the stretch here. And I’m still bullish that we’re Elite 8 at a minimum. For the first time I can think of, I truly feel like we will be better than any team we will see before the Elite 8 and even then we might be better than whoever we will see. I’m in the minority here but I really want Purdue again. We are better than that team.
Purdue concerns me b/c we foul so often and Edey lives at the foul line.

Back in Nov I had us final four bound and cutting down the nets in April. If not this yr then I don’t think it will occur in my lifetime. I’m not a sr citizen but eligible for AARP. 😆

Agree the Vols are a better team than Purdue. Watched a little of Purdue vs. Michigan--have the officials never heard of a 3 second violation? Edey basically stayed in the lane for most of a possession with no calls. He'd be camped out in there then receive a pass, make a move or two before shooting. Probably 5-6 seconds at minimum.
He did it against us too.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
These next 4 games should be a lot of fun with a very high pucker factor. People are making good arguments about which games we should win and which ones we may struggle with. Alabama will be tough at home (despite the fact we bitch slapped them at home. That didn’t help aTm out when they came to TBA) and Kentucky games never seem to go as I think they will. My biggest concern about how these next 4 games will go? How many will Pat Adams be reffing???

We blew out Alabama and hammered Kentucky on the road...Neither team really matches up well with us...Alabama might be the worse defensive team in the SEC..We ran through them like a dose of exlax...Against USCjr I can see us seriously mad and ready to destroy them at thier house.
Exactly, which is why I feel the way I do about all three games. Loss to Bama, win over SC, nail biter vs. UK.

This is my expectation for the win in next four

S. Carolina - 90% win
Auburn - 65% win
Ky - 50% win/lose
Ala - 40% win

Upcoming game is second easiest left. Lose this one and we in deep dog doodie

Per Barttorvik this is actually our 2nd hardest game of the 4 fwiw
you might be right here.

however, Barnes has adjusted his personnel on the court in these matchups and could have TAwake and JAidoo both on the floor to counter what SC does.

next 4 games will be hard fought and I hope Vols come out at least with 2 wins.

Just curious, but does Barttorvik factor in the Jaylin Williams loss anywhere in his formula?
I doubt it, not sure of any analytics site that accounts for injuries. I will say though that typically those have much less of an analytics impact than most folks think/anticipate.

And either I read it wrong or it has since updated but now has us as slightly larger favorites against Bama than at South Carolina.

Projected spreads:
vs. Auburn -3.5 favorites
@ Alabama +2.8 underdogs
@ South Carolina -3.2 favorites
vs. Kentucky -8.5 favorites

And either I read it wrong or it has since updated but now has us as slightly larger favorites against Bama than at South Carolina.

Projected spreads:
@ Alabama +2.8 underdogs
Slightly larger favorites against Bama?

Projected spreads:
@ Alabama +2.8 underdogs
We are underdogs vs Bama. I think we cover vs Auburn and SC, and don’t cover the other two.

Kentucky looks incredible now finally with all that talent. Bama will be fired up at home after their embarrassing loss. SC at SC won't be easy. Pearl has our number it seems plus they are so physical

Translation: I hope we lose most of them so I can slurp Pearl and say I told you so.

Well yeah, when your opponents defense is just as bad as yours, it makes it easier to win.

Tennessee is a better coached team than UK this year.

Case closed.
We are better coached and we still dropped 3 games to lesser talent. The blowout win vs Bama was impressive and a convincing win at Auburn is tough.

Did we look good losing to A&M? What about Miss St or USCjr?

And we are a much better team of veterans.

If you don’t think UK going 2/3 at Auburn and vs Bama, is impressive, then you are an idiot.

You show me where I said that.

And genius you just said this:
They have gelled the last 3-4 games. Just beat Auburn and Bama……both by blowouts.

LSU was 2 games ago.....so no, they have NOT gelled the last 3-4 games since they lost on the road to a meh LSU team. But your attempt to deflect from that fact by creating a strawman that I didn't even say and attacking it is noted.

Per Barttorvik this is actually our 2nd hardest game of the 4 fwiw

I just feel the Cats are beginning to jell, getting better defensively from what I have seen in the
past week and Bama is extremely hard to beat at their house. Both are offensive juggernauts
and not weak in the post. Even with out outstanding defense, it will be hard to hold either
team under 80 and I think it will be difficult to match their offense.

I expect both games to be close, somewhere in the 86-82 (flip the coin for the winner)

Kentucky looks incredible now finally with all that talent. Bama will be fired up at home after their embarrassing loss. SC at SC won't be easy. Pearl has our number it seems plus they are so physical

Safe to say you don’t understand the definition of “incredible.”

I give us a slight edge over The Barn at home. I think we give USCe a little payback.

Bama is going to be waiting for that revenge game. And are we going to get that crazy production from JJJ and Vescovi again against UK? I think we'll need something close to score with the Cats.

We'll see. Here's hoping we get all 4 and get a 1 seed.

I know you don’t see anything wrong with your actions. Bullies usually don’t. You can justify your behavior with however you see fit to convince yourself that it’s everyone else, or you know more, or you shut that person up…I do not know how a bully thinks and why they get the thrill that they do.

I can tell you I actually enjoy some of your posts. Probably 25%. You do add value and information. I come to read your after game thoughts. But the other 75% is nothing but name calling, picking on others, starting an argument with every single person on here is nothing but negativity that we can all do without. I actually do not post alot anymore just because of you. I don’t want to get sucked in. I do not like to argue with others either in person or online. It’s not healthy nor is it normal.

You can justify it any way you want to convince yourself that you are not - but you are a bully.
Now you are just bullying him.

VN Store

Back