Can we win 2 more ?

Yeah, after smoking UK in Rupp I think splitting with them wouldn’t be the worst thing. South Carolina though I wanna crush them similar to what A&M got.

Auburn and Bama are the only 2 teams I think have a real shot at winning SEC regular season besides us. I think South Carolina will loses 2 of their last 4. But we legit could be the only team left to beat either team from Alabama.
Yeah USCjr is very beatable on their home court LSU did it last week

Bama is almost unbeatable at home. They shoot well there. Would like Vols to spank them but will probably have to score high 90's+ to beat them. Dislike SC to but Bama more.
I agree about scoring in the 90s to have a chance. We held them to 71 in the first matchup. They will shoot the ball much better this go around. I’m not sure we csn beat them in a shoot out on their home floor. They lead the nation in scoring. I will say that we will guard them better than anyone else in the conference and that includes Auburn. Hopefully we can win the other 3. It’s a tough 4 game stretch but it’s a wonderful opportunity to peak at the right time heading to the tournament. I’m talking about the big tournament not the Kentucky Invitational. I hope we fall out as quickly as possible of that tournament. We gain nothing from it even if we win it. The seeding will be set before the championship game is finished.

Kentucky beat an alabama team who can not play defense, We exposed them the last time we played them..Kentucky just took advantage of them...Kentucky still doesn't show me much...Weak on defense, They give up a lot of points....Auburn is honestly the only team that worries me.
Auburn will not shoot well on the road in my opinion. Also, Williams may still be out when we play them Wednesday. If the officials don’t let them assault DK and ZZ, I like our chances at home against Pearl. Pearl will be a red-faced wild man on the sideline for this game. He knows the stakes are high, if they struggle his antics will impact his team. They will turn into the Detroit Pistons and really start to hammer us. If we keep our composure and make a good percentage of free throws we should win. Turnovers will be big in this game. I like our PG over theirs. Really interested to see how Aidoo matches up with Broome.

Kentucky looks incredible now finally with all that talent. Bama will be fired up at home after their embarrassing loss. SC at SC won't be easy. Pearl has our number it seems plus they are so physical
Great opportunity for the Vols down the stretch. Get 4 ranked teams to close. Get 3 of 4 and we should be peaking at the right time. This stretch is just like playing NCAA tournament games. They are all good. I like our chances. Go Vols!

Kentucky looks incredible now finally with all that talent. Bama will be fired up at home after their embarrassing loss. SC at SC won't be easy. Pearl has our number it seems plus they are so physical
Your saying Auburn is so physical. I think Tennessee is just as physical or even more than Auburn. Kentucky you never know what you will get with them. I did see Kentucky has problems with teams getting after them. Vol big men are a lot more physical than Ky big guys. But they are coming to Tennessee to play. The two road games will be tough. I think the Vols go 2-0 at home and 1-1 on road these last 4 games. And when the SEC tourney starts in Nashville. It would not bother me if the Vols win first game then get beat. I rather they rest up some and get ready for the Big Dance.

Your saying Auburn is so physical. I think Tennessee is just as physical or even more than Auburn. Kentucky you never know what you will get with them. I did see Kentucky has problems with teams getting after them. Vol big men are a lot more physical than Ky big guys. But they are coming to Tennessee to play. The two road games will be tough. I think the Vols go 2-0 at home and 1-1 on road these last 4 games. And when the SEC tourney starts in Nashville. It would not bother me if the Vols win first game then get beat. I rather they rest up some and get ready for the Big Dance.
Sometimes a conf tournament loss is good for a hot team b/c it brings them back down to earth and gets them re-focused for the big tournament. Happened to UCONN last year.

There are some on this board who hide behind a keyboard and ridicule or name call others. It doesn’t make sense as it’s a message board. Life is too short.

With that said, ignore and move on and don’t succumb to the that level. I almost did last week but went edited my comment and turned the other cheek as it’s not worth it.
That is the dumbest comment I’ve ever read on here. I’m completely kidding. I agree, this is all in fun so no need to get twisted up over what strangers say on a message board.

That is the dumbest comment I’ve ever read on here. I’m completely kidding. I agree, this is all in fun so no need to get twisted up over what strangers say on a message board.
I admit I got riled up a couple of times over the years. A lot of it was b/c I was already in a bad mood. I use sports as an escape, inc Volnation. I rarely post on other social media forums w the exception of this board.

Kentucky does this. The stars line up a certain way, and they go nuts for a game, then their faithful start thinking their ship has come in. Last time it was the night Big Z debuted. Then they promptly returned to form and lost 3 straight at Rupp. I don’t expect it to be any different this time.

Key is the Auburn game. Hold serve at home and odds of going 3-1 greatly increased IMO. Lose and chance of going 1-3 a real possibility.
Tennessee will beat Auburn. Their guard play is very inconsistent and they don't don't shoot the three as good as former Auburn teams. Jaylin Williams will probably miss this game also.

I admit I got riled up a couple of times over the years. A lot of it was b/c I was already in a bad mood. I use sports as an escape, inc Volnation. I rarely post on other social media forums w the exception of this board.
I’d say we all have at one point. I love coming to Volnation to talk football, basketball, baseball, politics, gaming, weather and more. It’s shocking how many different things you can find on here. It’s an extremely well run board.

I’m going 3-1 down the stretch here. And I’m still bullish that we’re Elite 8 at a minimum. For the first time I can think of, I truly feel like we will be better than any team we will see before the Elite 8 and even then we might be better than whoever we will see. I’m in the minority here but I really want Purdue again. We are better than that team.

I’d say we all have at one point. I love coming to Volnation to talk football, basketball, baseball, politics, gaming, weather and more. It’s shocking how many different things you can find on here. It’s an extremely well run board.

I’m going 3-1 down the stretch here. And I’m still bullish that we’re Elite 8 at a minimum. For the first time I can think of, I truly feel like we will be better than any team we will see before the Elite 8 and even then we might be better than whoever we will see. I’m in the minority here but I really want Purdue again. We are better than that team.
Agree the Vols are a better team than Purdue. Watched a little of Purdue vs. Michigan--have the officials never heard of a 3 second violation? Edey basically stayed in the lane for most of a possession with no calls. He'd be camped out in there then receive a pass, make a move or two before shooting. Probably 5-6 seconds at minimum.

Last time I checked we've been pretty damn good ourselves.

Kentucky has been up and down, and both Auburn and Bama have recently lost by 30 - I don't recall us having any losses like that. All four games should be very competitive, this conference is a brute.

I wouldn't even hazard a guess as to how many we win, circumstances can change with each game depending on health and how each team is playing coming into the game. Just take them one at a time.

I want no part of UConn or Houston, that’s for sure.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Tennessee will beat Auburn. Their guard play is very inconsistent and they don't don't shoot the three as good as former Auburn teams. Jaylin Williams will probably miss this game also.
You are right about Auburn. I watched Kentucky go into Auburn and beat them up pretty good. Tennessee will beat Auburn.

Reactions: VOL720
This is as exciting a final 4 game stretch in the SEC that I can remember. Every game matters for the top 6 teams. It’s going to be about which teams fold under the pressure. Home games are must wins and really need one of the road games.

You are much more confident than most people. Alabama and Kentucky will be out for blood. The only game of these last four that doesn’t worry me is South Carolina, because we’ll be out for revenge.
We blew out Alabama and hammered Kentucky on the road...Neither team really matches up well with us...Alabama might be the worse defensive team in the SEC..We ran through them like a dose of exlax...Against USCjr I can see us seriously mad and ready to destroy them at thier house.

We blew out Alabama and hammered Kentucky on the road...Neither team really matches up well with us...Alabama might be the worse defensive team in the SEC..We ran through them like a dose of exlax...Against USCjr I can see us seriously mad and ready to destroy them at thier house.
We could lose either game, because it's basketball. That being said, we should win both given the ass beatings we gave both of them the first time around. 100+ in Rupp.. .....We have a lot of guys that can play at a high level. Just when you think Gainey is useless, he cans some big 3s. Don't even need to explain about Santiago and Josiah. After all the detractors were killing him, he stepped up in Rupp. Aidoo. Awaka. Mashack...almost forgot...,.. Estrella provides value. A healthy ZZ is our motor

I expect Alabama will give us their A+ game. Will be a rowdy environment as well. We could lose any of the four remaining games, but I would say that’s our toughest one.

Reactions: berryvol

VN Store

Back