Cam Newton's post super bowl press conference

Who's surprised? His defenders have nothing left to defend now.

mercy. i'm not going to defend it.

but i'm not going to write him off either. what happened tonight is disappointing. i'm disappointed as a panther fan.

but let's not write him off as an afterthought. he just lost the Super Bowl. he'll either figure out what he did was wrong, or he won't, but it's certainly not something that should be vilified.

i think what this did do, and probably what's most disappointing is that it gives fuel to anyone that doesn't like Cam NEwton to say "see told ya, he's always been like this, me first, front running, thug".

and if nothing else he should at least have enough self awareness about himself that that's a potential outcome.

anyway, we lost, he lost, and he certainly could have /should have handled it better.

Who's surprised? His defenders have nothing left to defend now.

I figured all the people in this thread mocking (Cam is ripe for mocking) and shouting classless are surprised by the press conference. Otherwise there would be no thread because they realize this is business as usual for cam.

In terms of football related activities, Cam doesn't do class.

Reactions: 1 person
mercy. i'm not going to defend it.

but i'm not going to write him off either. what happened tonight is disappointing. i'm disappointed as a panther fan.

but let's not write him off as an afterthought. he just lost the Super Bowl. he'll either figure out what he did was wrong, or he won't, but it's certainly not something that should be vilified.

i think what this did do, and probably what's most disappointing is that it gives fuel to anyone that doesn't like Cam NEwton to say "see told ya, he's always been like this, me first, front running, thug".

and if nothing else he should at least have enough self awareness about himself that that's a potential outcome.

anyway, we lost, he lost, and he certainly could have /should have handled it better.
and here ya go...exhibit a:
I figured all the people in this thread mocking (Cam is ripe for mocking) and shouting classless are surprised by the press conference. Otherwise there would be no thread because they realize this is business as usual for cam.

In terms of football related activities, Cam doesn't do class.

this will be the most frustrating thing for Panther fans this off season. for those of us that have been paying attention the last five years, we've seen him grow up.

and he took a giant step backwards tonight. and for the folks that haven't paid attention, it's just going to be easy to do this........

and it's his fault. he shouldn't have done what he did. really sad way to end this evening to be honest.

Reactions: 2 people
and here ya go...exhibit a:

this will be the most frustrating thing for Panther fans this off season. for those of us that have been paying attention the last five years, we've seen him grow up.

and he took a giant step backwards tonight. and for the folks that haven't paid attention, it's just going to be easy to do this........

and it's his fault. he shouldn't have done what he did. really sad way to end this evening to be honest.

I think he's improved, but he hasn't stopped with the celebrations and dancing that a lot of people would call classless. Me personally, I'm here for the entertainment, I don't really care to much about class and what not in my sports.

Manning didn't exactly light it up, either. But his team's defense got him the W and he's gracious, so it certainly has a different takeaway.

Cam's play costed his team the game. Manning didn't play well, but he wasn't the disaster that Cam was

I said the entire game that Cam was showing his true colors. He's always won, HS, juco, CFB etc and now he lost a championship and all his arrogance went away and was replaced by childish pouting. The gold shoes was the beginning of the end for him. Showing off like he does with mvp written on his ankles. Learn how to win with class and lose with class. Hopefully he never reaches another super bowl

Reactions: 4 people
I really don't feel one way or the other about Cam the football player. But I'll have to admit he showed his a$$ in the post game press conference. You're a pro....act like a pro. I think he's a great player. Face it Cam, you played hard but your team lost. You really didn't get much help from anyone else on your offense either.

Good football talent.

Crybaby, whiner with zero class is what he's always been too.

He wins and runs it in the other teams face like a immature child.

He loses and whines and walks off the stage to cry like a baby.

He's always been totally classless.

He's a huge disappointment to the entire NFL as their MVP and the face of the NFL.

Condolences to all loyal Panthers fans for this huge loss and having a crybaby as their QB, he's just pathetic as a person.

Rise To The Top...VFL...GBO!!!

I think we're going a little overboard a bit here in enjoying Cam's failure. He lost a game and he wasn't happy. But its not like he was as bad as the bad boys pistons after they got stomped by the bulls..

I said the entire game that Cam was showing his true colors. He's always won, HS, juco, CFB etc and now he lost a championship and all his arrogance went away and was replaced by childish pouting. The gold shoes was the beginning of the end for him. Showing off like he does with mvp written on his ankles. Learn how to win with class and lose with class. Hopefully he never reaches another super bowl

Good luck with that his team is young and loaded and he gets his #1 WR back next season after being on IR....Me being a Bucs fan and being in their division I'm not excited about having to face Cam for the next 10 plus years

Cam will have arrived when he learns how to lose with grace. I looked up Peyton's rough evening after getting beat in Super Bowl 48 by the Seahawks. Richard Sherman had some things to say about Peyton. From an ESPN ARTICLE:

"We played a great team," Manning said

A lot of pregame focus was on whether Manning would challenge Richard Sherman, the Seahawks' outspoken star cornerback.

Sherman had three tackles and one pass defensed before suffering a high ankle sprain late in the game. Afterward, he told fans on Twitter not to place the blame on the Broncos' quarterback.

Peyton is the Classiest person/player I have ever met! I could learn so much from him! Thank you for being a great Competitor and person

Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) February 3, 2014
There is no reason to bash him on here please Seattle let's just enjoy this one!!!! He is still a Future HOF player

Sherman also praised Manning during an interview Monday morning on ESPN's "Mike and Mike."

"When I was limping up to my press conference and trying to make it up the stairs, somebody taps me on the shoulder and extends their hand and asks if I'm all right," Sherman said during the interview. "My eyes try to make it up to see who it is, and it's Peyton ... fully dressed in a suit and obviously very concerned about my well-being.

"You know, after a game like that, biggest stage ever -- to ask how you're doing and really be generally concerned about an opponent, that shows an incredibly different amount of humility and class."

Sherman also explained Monday why he took to Twitter to defend Manning.

"People shouldn't have to write to bash him after the season he had and everything he did ... everything he's accomplished in his career and this year as a football player," Sherman said. "He is a Hall of Fame player, he's a living legend, he's a record-holding quarterback, he's a Super Bowl champion, he's been a Super Bowl MVP.

"I think if you want to criticize his play on the field, that's fine. But don't call some of the things that they were calling him."

Reactions: 4 people
"Look at that smile, he clearly doesn't care that his team lost."

Did you hear the commentator insinuating that Cam didn't care about winning enough to try to recover his fumble? I thought he was showing how much he disliked him a bit enthusiastically..

Cam will have arrived when he learns how to lose with grace. I looked up Peyton's rough evening after getting beat in Super Bowl 48 by the Seahawks. Richard Sherman had some things to say about Peyton. From an ESPN ARTICLE:

"We played a great team," Manning said

A lot of pregame focus was on whether Manning would challenge Richard Sherman, the Seahawks' outspoken star cornerback.

Sherman had three tackles and one pass defensed before suffering a high ankle sprain late in the game. Afterward, he told fans on Twitter not to place the blame on the Broncos' quarterback.

Peyton is the Classiest person/player I have ever met! I could learn so much from him! Thank you for being a great Competitor and person

There is no reason to bash him on here please Seattle let's just enjoy this one!!!! He is still a Future HOF player

Sherman also praised Manning during an interview Monday morning on ESPN's "Mike and Mike."

"When I was limping up to my press conference and trying to make it up the stairs, somebody taps me on the shoulder and extends their hand and asks if I'm all right," Sherman said during the interview. "My eyes try to make it up to see who it is, and it's Peyton ... fully dressed in a suit and obviously very concerned about my well-being.

"You know, after a game like that, biggest stage ever -- to ask how you're doing and really be generally concerned about an opponent, that shows an incredibly different amount of humility and class."

Sherman also explained Monday why he took to Twitter to defend Manning.

"People shouldn't have to write to bash him after the season he had and everything he did ... everything he's accomplished in his career and this year as a football player," Sherman said. "He is a Hall of Fame player, he's a living legend, he's a record-holding quarterback, he's a Super Bowl champion, he's been a Super Bowl MVP.

"I think if you want to criticize his play on the field, that's fine. But don't call some of the things that they were calling him."

Thanks for posting. Peyton is a class guy, and Sherman expressed it very eloquently.

Did you hear the commentator insinuating that Cam didn't care about winning enough to try to recover his fumble? I thought he was showing how much he disliked him a bit enthusiastically..

Yeah that was strange.

I suppose after watching Andy dalton injure himself trying to make a play like that, cam decided to not dive after it.

Last edited:
Yeah that was strange.

I suppose after watching Andy dalton injure himself trying to make a play like that, cam decided to not dive after it.

Maybe just shell shocked after being blasted all night

Yeah...

But he needs to have a little composure.

I was a little surprised at how bad he played at times. I think its probably going to wind up being his worst performance in big games when its all said and done.

VN Store

Back