Cade Mays waiver denied

I have seen statements that imply Cade could play if he were not a scholarship player. Is this a factual thing or just "us" talking. It would seem to me that he and the school would still be "under the NCAA thumb" as they control all college sports rules.

If Kevin settles the law suit against Georgia, then put that money towards tuition and let Georgia pay for Cade to play here.

Reactions: volunator
He's pretty much a 1st or 2nd round draft pick. Tuition, books, and lab fees would be a pittance compared to his signing bonus.
If Kevin settles the law suit against Georgia, then put that money towards tuition and let Georgia pay for Cade to play here.

It's easy to spend other peoples' money, especially when it's towards your own benefit. I want Cade to play as much as y'all, but if the Mays family can save thousands of dollars, then they should.

It's the same thought process as wanting Bezos, et al. to use their wealth to forgive peoples' rent, student loan debt, etc.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
It's easy to spend other peoples' money, especially when it's towards your own benefit. I want Cade to play as much as y'all, but if the Mays family can save thousands of dollars, then they should.

It's the same thought process as wanting Bezos, et al. to use their wealth to forgive peoples' rent, student loan debt, etc.
Yo CoachZ...relax. I wasn't hinting at that at all. easy trigger.

Reactions: Coach_Z
He's pretty much a 1st or 2nd round draft pick. Tuition, books, and lab fees would be a pittance compared to his signing bonus.
But it is still a gamble. One bad tackle from the wrong angle and those prospective future millions go up in a puff of smoke.

I believe that IF the rules would allow him to play, Fulmer could easily find a booster that would "donate" enough cash to cover a single year of college.
JMHO

Reactions: Exfix
Why would you risk the entire season on one player? One player is going to be meaningless within the course of this season. We might have linebackers playing on the offensive line before this season is over matching up with defensive backs on the oppositions front 4! We could forfeit games due to not having enough players to field a team. These are just exhibition games don't take them seriously.

Why would you risk the entire season on one player? One player is going to be meaningless within the course of this season. We might have linebackers playing on the offensive line before this season is over matching up with defensive backs on the oppositions front 4! We could forfeit games due to not having enough players to field a team. These are just exhibition games don't take them seriously.

Cade has NOT been a full-time starter his all of his first 2 years.

Anything he could get on tape helps his chances to get drafted high for 2021.

His Das got hurt, his own fault by the way, when they were there on a recruiting trip when Cade was in High school and Cade still went to UGA is the injury had nothing to with wanting to transfer. You DO NOT commit or sign to a coach you commit and sign to a school!!! The NCAA saw right thru Cade and his Dad's BS. Cade left to go play with his brother , which is all fine and good and I don't blame him if thats what he wants to do, he just has to play by the rules and sit out a year. If he had limited playing time, i believe its less than 6 qtrs, at GA last year he probably would have been cleared but that was not the case.
I understand your Cade argument, but I was speaking of all transfers. There is just too many situations that need it. At times it is just the wrong fit for a multitude of reasons.

If it were just paying for school to get to play, I'm sure VOLNATION would "Crowd fund" his full ride in a couple of hours.

VN Store

Back