Cade Mays waiver denied

I think it is hypocritical of Smart to get JT Daniels but not support Cade Mayes transfer, no matter the reason. I hope future recruits take notice.

I doubt JT Daniels would have gotten immediate eligibility if hadn't been injured in the 2019 season opener, and transferred out of the PAC12.

I agree, but the problem with that argument is that’s the way 90% of coaches in college football operate. There are some coaches, the current one in Tennessee included, that take the “if they’re not happy here we’re gonna help him be happy somewhere else“ attitude. But most coaches don’t. They will argue to the ends of the earth why somebody coming in should be eligible, but then not cooperate at all when someone who doesn’t fit for whatever reason leaves.

It really should make a difference to recruits, you’re completely right. But most of the time it doesn’t. No recruit thinks about transferring when they sign with a school. Nobody thinks of their exit strategy because they never think they’re going to need it. They are all going to start for three years and then go to the league. What really has an impact is a coach that sells that on the recruiting trail. They are the ones that end up with the most transfers (hello, Butch) because they set kids up for failure by blowing up what they think is going to happen in their careers, then when it doesn’t they don’t help them transfer to somewhere else.

Do you think he will win the appeal?

I doubt JT Daniels would have gotten immediate eligibility if hadn't been injured in the 2019 season opener, and transferred out of the PAC12.
Thanks for not engaging me on the insult I threw your way last night. Wish I had a filter, and did the same. We are the same as far as Vols sports go. I’m very sorry for my unprovoked attack towards you. Hope you accept my apology. (And no, wasn’t suspended, or asked to apologize)

Reactions: Wireless1
Bingo. More reason they should just have a 1-time exception based on academics, since that is their reasoning for the residency rule to begin with. Or just a blanket exception for all if they want to go full swing and throw their reasoning out. Either is better than the current mess.

That's going to happen next year, though not based on academics. The one-time transfer exemption was scheduled to go into effect June 1, but the pandemic caused the NCAA to put it on ice for a year to prevent a wave of transfers while a total recruiting dead period was in effect.

Thanks for not engaging me on the insult I threw your way last night. Wish I had a filter, and did the same. We are the same as far as Vols sports go. I’m very sorry for my unprovoked attack towards you. Hope you accept my apology. (And no, wasn’t suspended, or asked to apologize)
I sincerely hope that made you feel better.

VN Store

Back