'18 CA QB JT Shrout (UT signee)

dude can absolutely throw the football. Pretty amazing considering hes only got 1 season of highschool football under his belt because of Injury. Would LOVE to add this kid to the roster. Would be a steal imo.

dude can absolutely throw the football. Pretty amazing considering hes only got 1 season of highschool football under his belt because of Injury. Would LOVE to add this kid to the roster. Would be a steal imo.

I think he'd be a prime RS candidate and would need a few years of development, but the skillset is definitely there.

450 attempts is a lot for HS . Sounds like he is the offense.

Agree. In the film they roll him out of the pocket a lot. Sounds like they might have protection issues. Quick release... Decisive.... Pretty accurate

I think it's a good offer...

Reactions: 1 person
Undeniable arm talent.

I wouldn't get wrapped up in the number of INTs. The combination of working to consistently get his feet and shoulders in a better throwing position and moving past his first progression should significantly increase his completion percentage and drop his passes to the bad guys.

Agree. In the film they roll him out of the pocket a lot. Sounds like they might have protection issues. Quick release... Decisive.... Pretty accurate

I think it's a good offer...

He had a couple jaw dropping throws in there. He’s got great potential if we develop him for a year or two (a novel idea in light of the past 8 years).

He had a couple jaw dropping throws in there. He’s got great potential if we develop him for a year or two (a novel idea in light of the past 8 years).

Yeah... He looked like he got himself turned around in his drop back a couple times, and doesn't always set his feet.... All correctable

Why waste a scholarship on a QB this year? We just had 2 decommit and there’s not a lot to choose from with the exception of flipping someone. I say use that scholarship to go after a big need like OL or LB and go after a big time QB next year.

Why waste a scholarship on a QB this year? We just had 2 decommit and there’s not a lot to choose from with the exception of flipping someone. I say use that scholarship to go after a big need like OL or LB and go after a big time QB next year.

With these two drops aren’t we down to 10 commits? Got 15 spots in this class. We can fit a QB in AND go after “big need”s.

QB is a need. A major need imo

Reactions: 4 people
Reminded me of Brett Favre when I watched it, certainly is not afraid to sling the rock downfield

It looks to me like a few of his throws were risky in the highlights. Obviously, because they are highlights, his receivers made good plays. We have just endured 5 years of absolute maximum risk aversion. I am perfectly happy with taking a QB that will sling the ball around. You never complete passes you don't attempt.

Some observations:

- Anyone else surprised by the 5.2 second 40? He seemed to scramble pretty well and I thought he looked a bit faster than that time...

- Throws well on the run. Looked like Manning at times in his drop-back.

- Pretty sure he might have damaged some receivers with the frickin' laser beams he was shooting.

- Someone above mentioned quick reaction/decisions in the face of pressure. Yes! Looked like a corner blitz or something in one of the first few clips that he just dumped the ball to the slot receiver that the corner left open. Quick reaction, make the defense pay for the blitz. We need to see this whoever is our quarterback. I can't figure out why no one could do that this past season. Smh.

Reactions: 2 people
It looks to me like a few of his throws were risky in the highlights. Obviously, because they are highlights, his receivers made good plays. We have just endured 5 years of absolute maximum risk aversion. I am perfectly happy with taking a QB that will sling the ball around. You never complete passes you don't attempt.

Some observations:

- Anyone else surprised by the 5.2 second 40? He seemed to scramble pretty well and I thought he looked a bit faster than that time...

- Throws well on the run. Looked like Manning at times in his drop-back.

- Pretty sure he might have damaged some receivers with the frickin' laser beams he was shooting.

- Someone above mentioned quick reaction/decisions in the face of pressure. Yes! Looked like a corner blitz or something in one of the first few clips that he just dumped the ball to the slot receiver that the corner left open. Quick reaction, make the defense pay for the blitz. We need to see this whoever is our quarterback. I can't figure out why no one could do that this past season. Smh.

Honestly, Im tired of worrying about why our qb didnt keep it and run all the time. Set a good pocket, find the open receiver, and throw the ball. Gone are the fancy pants "not a spread" read option

Reactions: 4 people
Not as excited about this as some others are, but he likely fits the new system better and that's what matters.

Hopefully he gets 2 or 3 years to develop before we ever need him.

well good thing you're not the coach then...

I know it seems like we're only paying attention to this kid due to our current circumstance, but how many 3 star kids get accolades like that from NFL scouts before even playing a college snap?

VN Store

Back