'18 CA QB JT Shrout (UT signee)

So trot out or let's ride?

Trot him out and let’s ride!

latest

I feel like we can afford to take a QB this class that might be a little bit of a project...this guy was throwing it down the field like 60 yards on the money...coaches can work on the picks...they can't teach a kid to throw it 60 yards in the air

But early word is that Shrout is getting tons of buzz as a future star. No, not in college. The NFL.

That was the consensus of coaches at the QB Collective, including one NFL coordinator who told Yahoo Sports that Shrout was by far the most polished prospect there. Shrout wowed all the coaches with his technical precision, polished footwork and smooth throwing motion.
It did lead to the usual bizarro analogues from football scouts.

“He’s the beautiful, natural-looking girl with no make-up in the corner of the room,” said Rich Bartel, a former NFL quarterback who trains quarterbacks in Texas. “There will be a lot of other sexy people who walk in front of your eyes, but he’s the one you should marry in terms of quarterbacks.”
It’s nice to see Shrout is getting early acclaim. Cal might have another gem ready to come in and play a year from now.

I feel like we can afford to take a QB this class that might be a little bit of a project...this guy was throwing it down the field like 60 yards on the money...coaches can work on the picks...they can't teach a kid to throw it 60 yards in the air

Kind of how I feel. We have JG, Dormady and McBride ahead of him. He has the tools but hasn’t had a lot of live action with this year being his first starting role, which could be part of the problems with the picks. We can afford to take him and he has a year or two to develop and could end up being good. At best he will be 3rd on the depth chart if Dormady left. Plenty of time to develop.

Holy sht...nice video and looked alot like a young Peyton..Guys I don't know what to do with myself.Its been years and FINALLY we have a real coach with a real complete staff..My dad called me all bent cause both of our QBs decommited.I told him just wait til they pull their rabbit out of their hat..Boom nice arm.Told him this was WRU and to be that again we need a legit passer..Guys like this is what we need..Might take 2 recruiting classes to get we're coach wants to be but guys I'm excited.Not for me but my 14 year old son who hasn't seen a dominant UT team in his life..

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back