Bye Jalen, Thank You

Wow a young man goes through a rough time and you dont want him back on the team? Awesome

Lots of players go through tough times and don't quit mid-season. I wonder if some of you who are defending this were ever a part of a team? I promise you that NFL GM's will take note of how he handled this situation. The old take my ball and go home routine will not impress many of them.

Reactions: 1 person
Lots of players go through tough times and don't quit mid-season. I wonder if some of you who are defending this were ever a part of a team? I promise you that NFL GM's will take note of how he handled this situation. The old take my ball and go home routine will not impress many of them.

Ill comment on that when its official that he has quit, it is not.

Good luck to Jalen wherever he lands. He gave up on this season a few weeks ago, which doesn't bode well for his future. For a huge man his body is brittle. Tight end would be a better fit. He can block and has good hands.

Hurd's future aside, this development should bother us all where our head coach is concerned. He's as stubborn and old-fashioned as Johnny Majors. Jones doesn't adapt to his players' skills, but demands they cotton to his "loser" offensive scheme.

If Jones is to survive a new AD, he MUST hire a forward-thinking offensive coordinator who understands the complexities of the passing game. My mother knows more than DeBord.

Season is officially done. Shelve Dobbs and get some experience for Dormady.

I wish he would have waited until the end of the year. But his signing helped put us back on the recruiting map. He could have went to Bama, UGA, LSU, anywhere but he chose us. So we have to be thankful for that and the benefits we reaped signing that #5 ranked class in 2014.

He could have went to any of those places and he would be sitting in the benches there.

Players don't quit on their teammates. They quit on their coaches.

The team had a players only meeting, player decides to quit after that, player quit on his teammates. My guess is Hurd was told to get his ish together and support the team or go ahead and leave.

Really? Butch quit on Hurd.

He knew the kind of offense Butch ran when he came here. This mess about Butch making him promises to change, don't you think it would be obvious through spring and fall camps that things were no different? I'm by no means sold on Butch, but Hurd knew the type of offense we ran.

Hell if anything Butch gave him too much playing time. It's been obvious all season that Kamara is our best back for this type of offense. Even Kelly here lately.

Last edited:
He quit because the coaches had a superstar and refused to use him correctly.

I believe it goes this way more than anything else. Hurd didn't quit on this team. Butch & the coaching staff failed him along with the whole entire team thus far in 2016.

Glad your gone. Your buddy Kamara sat on the bench and you still got the bulk of the carries. Everyone knew Kamara needed more touches but you get them. So whatever.

Last edited:
Alabama is not running a big play offense. It looks very much like the one Jones is running, just better talent, which shows up as better execution.

Sorry to see you go Jalen, best of luck.

But he actually did quit.

I don't like the fact he quit during the middle of the season. No, that's totally not right. But, we don't know what went on behind closed doors between Hurd & Butch. Maybe he promised to use Hurd a different way & he hasn't done that to date so he's bolting now.

That's not right because he's quitting on his team plus he could have played the last 4 games & went to the NFL draft. Now, for some reason he's not even mentioning the draft & is instead transferring is puzzling to me.

He wants to go to another school now & play 1 season at possibly a different position(WR, TE). I don't get it but like I said we don't know what's happened nor what's behind Hurd's feelings or mindset now. It's really a shame. Another in-state kid gone from the program. This is crazy!

VN Store

Back