Bye Jalen, Thank You

VolBricks

May the Orange be with you!
For coming to Tennessee.
Thank you for recruiting other players to come with you
Thank you for giving your all for Tennessee (until lately).
Thank you for being part of the resurgence of football at Tennessee.

I wish you the best.

Only post in this thread if you have something good or positive to say. Maybe somehow this will get to Jalen and he can see that not everyone thinks he is a quitter, coward or whatever else has been said about him.

That is all.

Reactions: 27 people
For coming to Tennessee.
Thank you for recruiting other players to come with you
Thank you for giving your all for Tennessee (until lately).
Thank you for being part of the resurgence of football at Tennessee.

I wish you the best.

Only post in this thread if you have something good or positive to say. Maybe somehow this will get to Jalen and he can see that not everyone thinks he is a quitter, coward or whatever else has been said about him.

That is all.

Thank you? Really? He quit on his team

Reactions: 34 people
I'll post wherever I want, however I want, thank you very much. I'm excited about John Kelly. It's been a long time since we've seen long td runs minus one or two by Kamara.

Reactions: 5 people
Yes. Thank you Mr. Hurd. I sincerely appreciate your coming to my alma mater and giving your all. I will be rooting for you for the rest of you collegiate, and then professional, career.

God bless, Jalen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Bull crap. He knew the offense we ran when he signed. Should've transfered after last season if he was unhappy. Just making himself look bad. Kelly and Kamara have better success in this scheme because they're quicker and have much better vision. Hurd has the worst vision of all our RB and can't seem to figure out he's 240lbs and needs to cut and get up field.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes. Thank you Mr. Hurd. I sincerely appreciate your coming to my alma mater and goving your all. I will be rooting for you for the rest of you collegiate, and then professional, career.

God bless, Jalen.

Quiting means you didn't give your all. It means you gave up..

Reactions: 4 people
Really? Butch quit on Hurd.

I don't know about that, would appear that Butch was giving Hurd every opportunity to play RB. Why now all of a sudden would it come out that he wants to change positions? Cause they were quick to change Croom from WR to TE to get the kid on the field and try something new.

Would this not have come up at the end of last season? Oh wait that's right he ran for over 1200 yards last season, so heaven forbid a coach continue to use a guy at RB who produced that kind of yardage.

The kid quit on the team, if he wants to go then let him go.

Reactions: 5 people

See this is what I don't get. There was a players only meeting. This lead to Hurd quitting. Sounds a lot like teammates saying "if you aren't on board then get the F off the team and stop trying to bring us down". There are cancers on this team and I think Hurd was one of them.

I hope people like this guy don't reproduce. Let's build a system around a kid as opposed to have the kid develop in the system. Hurd looked good his first 2 years until idiots like his attention seeking uncle got in his ear and poisoned his team first mentality.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I wish he would have waited until the end of the year. But his signing helped put us back on the recruiting map. He could have went to Bama, UGA, LSU, anywhere but he chose us. So we have to be thankful for that and the benefits we reaped signing that #5 ranked class in 2014.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back