Butch vs Media

UT FAN DARKGABLE MAKES SILLY AND UNREALISTIC HYPERBOLIC ACCUSTIONS AGAINST BUTCH JONES AND THE VOLUNTEERS.

:zeitung_lesen:[/QUOTE]

I like it. Good post, and great example.

The media is just whinning. I do not care if CBJ bans them all, as long as it helps us win games because our opponents do not know a certain player is injured and they have the scheme as if he would play against them. Let our opponents waste time as we change up things. The only report I need is on game days that we have won and ESPN is taking about how great the VOLS are this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Yep, once again, it's not a democracy or a right to know situation. It's capitalism, pure and simple. Fans/investors invest, in return, they receive updates.
Just the way it works. Don't like it? Declare your hatred of capitalism and move on.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, it is about making money. If all coaches were completely forthcoming about everything that went on with their programs, NCAA would close half of them down and the other half wouldn't have any fans show up.

Win games, make money so fans have a better game viewing experience and spend more money, and so more recruits come there to help the university help the fans spend more money. And hope someone gets an education out of it. You may not like it but that's the way it works (IMO).

The UTAD should have responded to 10Sports by saying: "Please direct all complaints and comments to Brad Matthews c/o Fox Sports Radio"

Reactions: 1 person
The media is just whinning. I do not care if CBJ bans them all, as long as it helps us win games because our opponents do not know a certain player is injured and they have the scheme as if he would play against them. Let our opponents waste time as we change up things. The only report I need is on game days that we have won and ESPN is taking about how great the VOLS are this year.

They will not ban them all. I just think a few of these media guys are just throwing speculation around, or in some cases, reporting on situations that is not in the player's overall best interest. I think Butch is saying, "There are some things inquiring minds do not NEED to know." To me, this shows he really cares about these players, and that means this gives them more motivation to play their guts out for him.

It's a lose lose for Butch.

If you are going to start restricting media, just don't let them see practice to begin with. It's not fair to say "Hey, if you see something you can't report it because we say so" is silly.

Todays media thinks it's their job to report what somebody had for breakfast if they catch a whiff of a fart.

There is a complete disregard for players by the media just so said media outlet can claim ' 1st to break the news', has backfired on these media types and now they will just have to deal with with the situation they have made. I hope wbir is 1st to lose their privilege. GO BIG ORANGE!

What legitimate Tennessee reporter actually said North was out for the year? Just some dumb kid trying to make his name. Not a legitimate guy like Daniel Lewis, Patrick Brown, or Dustin Dopirak.

If you let media see some of practice, then they should be able to report what they see. Plain and simple. If you don't want them reporting ****, don't let them into practice. Trying to restrict them does nobody any good.

There is a complete disregard for players by the media just so said media outlet can claim ' 1st to break the news', has backfired on these media types and now they will just have to deal with with the situation they have made. I hope wbir is 1st to lose their privilege. GO BIG ORANGE!

How? Give me specific examples of legitimate reporters.

This is UT saying " we can get away with this as long as we win."

They have been doing this with baseball because there just isn't much interest. Let me tell ya, it gets old and we aren't winning, the Coach's contract was not extended...there is no news. I don't think this will work for football, further if the ultra paranoid NFL coaches allow open practices, what do college coaches have to hide?

I applaud Butch for this, media members will complain but they caused it. The media threw VP name out for sexual assault and he was never charged. They blew the North injury out of proportion and Butch didn't like that at all. Instead of just throwing things against the wall and hope they stick maybe these so called journalist, bloggers and radio personalities should do some solid investigating on an actual story

Lest we forget, they also made a big deal out of Preston Williams having to retake the ACT. It is to my understanding Butch was not happy about having to explain to his parents why that was being reported. North was strike three for this year. Applaud? Let's make it a standing ovation!

It's a lose lose for Butch.

If you are going to start restricting media, just don't let them see practice to begin with. It's not fair to say "Hey, if you see something you can't report it because we say so" is silly.

It's kind of like a test, to see if these media members have the will power to know something and not put it out there for the whole world to see if it is a restricted issue.

This is UT saying " we can get away with this as long as we win."

They have been doing this with baseball because there just isn't much interest. Let me tell ya, it gets old and we aren't winning, the Coach's contract was not extended...there is no news. I don't think this will work for football, further if the ultra paranoid NFL coaches allow open practices, what do college coaches have to hide?

Ever been to a Belichick practice?

What legitimate Tennessee reporter actually said North was out for the year? Just some dumb kid trying to make his name. Not a legitimate guy like Daniel Lewis, Patrick Brown, or Dustin Dopirak.

If you let media see some of practice, then they should be able to report what they see. Plain and simple. If you don't want them reporting ****, don't let them into practice. Trying to restrict them does nobody any good.

If you lay down restrictions for one, you have to restrict all. This just takes speculation out of the equation. At this point, that does someone a world of good; our players, and perhaps their families.

If you lay down restrictions for one, you have to restrict all. This just takes speculation out of the equation. At this point, that does someone a world of good; our players, and perhaps their families.

Not really the point.

If you let media into practice, they should be able to report what they see, plain and simple.

Can't say as I blame them for limiting information because todays media makes the National Enquirer of 20 years ago seem like a pretty reasonable outlet.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back