Butch says no grey uniforms for Florida, undecided if we'll wear them at all in 2014

They were probably pushing those damn checkerboard sleeved soccer jerseys and CBJ
gave Adidas the finger...

He didn't do that last year and Butch is pretty consistent.

I read an article last year that he did base it off of player performance. Admittedly he had a lower standard with apparently effort and all that rah rah stuff counting from practices instead of actual wins. That's how we ended up with it again for Vandy iirc. My personal belief is that Jones likes the Grey and is afraid he will taint it for good if we lose again. That or the ones queued up from Adidas are so bad there is a scramble to get a second version.

We've lost more than our fare share wearing orange and white too....people need to stop blaming the color of the uniform. Those uniforms don't have crap to do with effort, athletic ability, and execution of a game plan.

I agree in general with your statement but that uniform combo has more wins than any other combos and probably more than Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Ole Miss programs have combined.

We could let UF wear their blues, go storm trooper and do a whiteout

Well we were 0-2 in them.
Rx for getting over sports superstition

Boil a gallon of water from a faucet in Neyland Stadium in a cast iron pot:

Add: A black cats hair ball, splinter from a wooden ladder, salt thrown over your shoulder, snakes eyes, chicken bones, & sweaty 'lucky' socks and boil 1/2 hour stirring constantly and breathing vapors.

Strain and stir liquid in to 1 gallon of Killians Red brought to you by a Wicka.

Drink entire brew as rapidly as possible.

You won't care what color unis are worn.

I agree in general with your statement but that uniform combo has more wins than any other combos and probably more than Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Ole Miss programs have combined.

But again...the "orange and/or white" uniforms didn't have crap to do with those wins. I like them....have no problem at all with them....but there's nothing wrong with pumping some flash into the color pallet. The players love them...many fans love them and like it or not...recruits love the move. It's just a sign of the times...it's not like they're trying to change the "Power T" or changing our mascot! "Change" can be so hard for some!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I definitely want to see them this year. I'm ok with it not necessarily being against Florida (personally I want all orange against Florida) but I still want to see them. KY/Mizzou are great options, or the bowl game is good too.

Betting it will be the Ala game!

Reactions: 1 person
Rx for getting over sports superstition

Boil a gallon of water from a faucet in Neyland Stadium in a cast iron pot:

Add: A black cats hair ball, splinter from a wooden ladder, salt thrown over your shoulder, snakes eyes, chicken bones, & sweaty 'lucky' socks and boil 1/2 hour stirring constantly and breathing vapors.

Strain and stir liquid in to 1 gallon of Killians Red brought to you by a Wicka.

Drink entire brew as rapidly as possible.

You won't care what color unis are worn.

Sounds like something the Witch Doctor would prescribe. Bones never lie!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back