Butch just said Worley will start

I sincerely hope Worley holds onto the ball occasionally on running downs and releases it quicker on passing downs.

If he does those two things, he should have some success.

Reactions: 1 person
I know, but I was using that post as a jumping off point to discuss the decision itself. It seemed relevant since a lot of people will start complaining after that first short throw.

Figured lol

He proved last year he can the job done, but he also proved to not be the consistent QB we need all season. I can't wait to see him against Utah State tho!

Maybe this will steal a little more time spent on us for the launch of the SEC Network hehe

Pretty much what most of us were thinking I believe

This kind of random in this forum.. But I'm going to the Utah state game. It's my 1st game in several years. And 1st since being old enough to drink..I'm not very familiar with knoxville. Where should I go for Saturday night festivities restaurant/bars and Sunday tailgating? Does anyone like sell a wristband for eating/drinking anywhere or would I just be better off bringing beer myself on game day? Thanks!

I always start out with pretzels and beer cheese dip from Mellow Mushroom, then just load up a cooler and tailgate.

Branndon Stewart and Peyton Manning to battle for number 2 QB spot. @JimmyHyams

noyphh_1_.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Figured lol

He proved last year he can the job done, but he also proved to not be the consistent QB we need all season. I can't wait to see him against Utah State tho!

One thing I like about the decision: it all but cements the fact that we will win the Utah State game. Worley is a solid QB, and while he may not have enough to take over and beat the Bama's or OK's of the world, he can keep us from drowning. Especially with another year in his belt, and a much improved group of WR's/TE's/RB's.

And...if somehow he manages to blow it against Utah State...we at least have a new QB in time to get a few reps in before the big tests start.

Reactions: 2 people
Jones also announced the Vols will wear Orange, the first game will be at Neyland, and he needs to study film.

One thing I like about the decision: it all but cements the fact that we will win the Utah State game. Worley is a solid QB, and while he may not have enough to take over and beat the Bama's or OK's of the world, he can keep us from drowning. Especially with another year in his belt, and a much improved group of WR's/TE's/RB's.

And...if somehow he manages to blow it against Utah State...we at least have a new QB in time to get a few reps in before the big tests start.

Agreed. No need to gamble on what is possibly the biggest game of the season. If we do work against Utah State it will only help the rest of the way.

Peterman has had a fine Summer, particularly the last week or two. But that is not enough to start him over a relatively reliable senior. Worley is in a better position to manage the field, and keep our receivers happy.

If Worley doesn't have a great start to the season, then we can bring in Peterman after a game or two.

This. Worley was expected. It sounds like he's done a lot of improvement over the off-season. So, all the 1st team reps should sharpen him up for USU.

That being said, it's really good to hear that NP has maybe "closed the gap" with his hard work. This is very important due to possible injury / ineffectiveness of the starter. We only have 3 scholly QBs, so I hope all of them are getting better and better.

It will pay off over this years 15 game season. :good!:

Last edited:
Alright Worley, it's in your hands. No more excuses. You only get one shot, do not,
miss your opportunity.

You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

Attachments

• 8_Mile__Eminem_Wallpaper__yvt2.jpg
    8_Mile__Eminem_Wallpaper__yvt2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 521
Reactions: 6 people
Does he finish the season as the starter is what we've all been waiting to see. Pretty much knew he would be the guy day one. He deserves one last shot.

VN Store

Back