Butch Jones too robotic?

Domo Arigato Mr Roboto

styxmrroboto.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Fans and supporters of others schools don't want to see their competitors succeed and seldom give credit where credit is due. To date, Butch has demonstrated in actions that he has a plan and is working relentlessly to accomplished that plan (and now it is time to win).

The fear factor associated with Butch continuing to build Brick by Brick, change the culture, win the next play, and "it all starts with recruiting" has to annoy other fan bases just as much as the color Orange and Rocky Top.

I can recall during the 1990's that many fans of others schools were calling CPF unexciting and boring but all he was doing was beating them on every Saturday. Just the other day, I read a couple of comments regarding one VIMEO production on youTube where a jawja dawg was saying he had no clue why Butch was being successful recruiting because Butch had nothing new to say but admitted it seems to be working.

Personally, every time I see the Vols have just added another Brick for Team 120/Team 121, etc, it brightens my day! GBO!!

That's hilarious because Mark Richt has absolutely zero personality.

Butch still has to earn the benefit of the doubt from opposing fanbases. Bielema earned a good bit of it last year by blowing out Ole Miss and LSU. And the old guard like Miles, Saban, Richt, Spurrier, and Pinkel have certainly paid their dues.

I do find it interesting how Hugh Freeze seems to get a pass while Butch is viewed with extreme skepticism, even before Freeze beat Alabama. I think part of it is that no one views Ole Miss as a consistent threat, but a Tennessee program with a high level recruiter and proven coach at the helm is extremely dangerous.

The Vols being down for nearly a decade has been a huge boon for every other SEC team, as they've all had chances to pick our bones during that time (some much more than others), so the idea of us returning to prominence is like pulling teeth to them.

Reactions: 2 people
Guys it all boils down to this.When Butch Jones thinks we finally have a lights out defense he will open up the play book quit a bit.He is a little conservative during the games because we haven't has a defense he fully trust yet.That's about to change very soon.

Guys it all boils down to this.When Butch Jones thinks we finally have a lights out defense he will open up the play book quit a bit.He is a little conservative during the games because we haven't has a defense he fully trust yet.That's about to change very soon.

Lol. That's funny. And you know this how?

Lol. That's funny. And you know this how?

he has said so himself. He has talked about in a number of games about being conservative and to keep it close in the first half, then when he feels more comfortable opening up the playbook.

I think the media probably gets the cliché coach speak which can definitely sound robotic. I'd imagine that press conferences are a thing that is required to do much like a household chore to a child. I bet at practice and game time situations he is not speaking of bricks and culture and how young we are as a team.

I wonder what clichés he used with Jalen Hurd after the underage drinking incident when he said they "took care of it internally".

Coach Jones is the man from every aspect besides letting Bajakian run the O into the ground. I think it was probably a mutual departure for Bajakian and he will also keep a tight leash on Deboard throughout the 4 quarters.

^^ This^^ IF he is not giving the media any ammo during a presser, that means he's doing exactly what he should be. The pressers may bore us and the media but he is obviously saying the right things to recruits. I don't NEED to hear what he says when there is no media, as long as it works.

I wanted to get VNs opinion on something. I live in Arkansas and as such, I listen to the hog slanted sports radio here in Little Rock. One of the recruiting guys who covers the Razorbacks said that he hasn't bought into Butch Jones yet because he said he was too "robotic". He went on to say that yes, he recruits at an extremely high level but that he is a "cliche machine" and "the biggest coach speak guy in the SEC" and that his "brick by brick" mantra is as cliche as it gets.

Butch seems to be a pretty conservative coach by nature and one of the guys said he might be too inflexible as far as in game coaching and that hurts him. So what do you guys think? Accurate? Denial? Some of both? I'll hang up and listen.

Just out of curiosity, what program was it? I live in LR area also, but I had to stop listening to the local sports talk shows last season. Any time Tennessee would come up they would trash us or even refuse to talk about us at all. Bo Mattingly would sometimes give a slightly unbiased opinion, but surprisingly the only person I ever heard give positive feedback about us was Clint Stoerner.

Personally, I think Butch might be a little cliche in his catch phrases but other than that I think he knows exactly what he's doing and we're going to start seeing the results of his groundwork this season. At the end of the day, I'm so glad we got Butch and not an embarrasment of a coach that likes to pick fights with people and bares an uncanny resemblance to Butthead.

Reactions: 2 people
I guess I can see Butch being called robotic because he has a process (yes i used that word) and he knows/trusts/believes it works so he trusts in that process. we will see if sticking to his guns will play out for us or cost him.

When you're calling for Butch's head during game threads? He's watching the games. :)

Lol. Never once have I called for his firing during a game. That's a tactic you guys like to use so you can feel cool for being sheep. It's cool man. We know.

:p

It wasn't just some random caller though, it was the guy from one of the sites that covers their football recruiting. Of course, he did just get done talking up their 2 star TE commitment so, you know, who knows.

Ahh, Richard Davenport? That guy is an idiot.

he has said so himself. He has talked about in a number of games about being conservative and to keep it close in the first half, then when he feels more comfortable opening up the playbook.

So he can only plan on doing more once he has a perfect team? Most coaches try to win with what they have. They go for it. They don't try to out field goal undermanned Florida teams.

Lol. Never once have I called for his firing during a game. That's a tactic you guys like to use so you can feel cool for being sheep. It's cool man. We know.

:p

Love those key words..."you guys" and "sheep". :eek:lol: Time to air out the bunker and freshen up your bottled water and shotgun shell supplies. :w00t:

Reactions: 5 people
Love those key words..."you guys" and "sheep". :eek:lol: Time to air out the bunker and freshen up your bottled water and shotgun shell supplies. :w00t:

Just figured you went old school and moth balls, so I would too. Just didn't have any blue font handy for you.

So he can only plan on doing more once he has a perfect team? Most coaches try to win with what they have. They go for it. They don't try to out field goal undermanned Florida teams.

Unnamed "most coaches"...on the next Geraldo. :yu:

Reactions: 3 people
Just figured you went old school and moth balls, so I would too. Just didn't have any blue font handy for you.

You never have much of anything "handy" old pal...like a valid point? :)

Reactions: 1 person
Just for funsies I did a Google search for "Butch Jones." Six of the first ten images were him giving a ref or a player the business.

The first Google suggestion to augment my search was "Butch Jones yelling." Clearly that Razorback minion has consumed too much pork product and it is killing the blood flow to his brain.

Or maybe he's just another hack collecting a paycheck.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back