Butch Jones too robotic?

I really really hope you are correct. I like him and obviously, don't want to go through that replacement process again. He's got all the tools tobe ssuccessful. He's a passionate, hard working guy. And incredibly likable...but he's got to be more ballsy. We'll see because this year there should be no excuses

Guess you like Mumme ball. Throw the ball all over the field---never punt--always onside kicks--really create game day excitement-----finish the season 4 wins and 8 losses. Now that's a football coach. :rock::rock:

Guess you like Mumme ball. Throw the ball all over the field---never punt--always onside kicks--really create game day excitement-----finish the season 4 wins and 8 losses. Now that's a football coach. :rock::rock:

Basically I'd just like to see us stick with the game plan and continue to try to score even if we're winning heading into the second quarter. The last two seasons once we get the lead butch totally shuts it down. Which would be fine if it was the last five minutes in regulation...not so much when it's still the first half.
But yes I know...thats quite an unrealistic/insanely aggressive minded approach.

Basically I'd just like to see us stick with the game plan and continue to try to score even if we're winning heading into the second quarter. The last two seasons once we get the lead butch totally shuts it down. Which would be fine if it was the last five minutes in regulation...not so much when it's still the first half.
But yes I know...thats quite an unrealistic/insanely aggressive minded approach.

IDK, Chatta, we beat Utah State last year by 31 points ... Chattanooga by 35 ... Kentucky by 36 ... and Iowa by 17 (really 30 or so until mid-4th quarter slowdown).

Those don't support the contention of a coach who takes his foot off the gas with a one- or two-touchdown lead halfway through the game.

I think the games we won close, we pretty much really won close. Not because Butch was coasting, but because they were close games. Ugh, yeah, even Vandy, as much as it makes me ill to say that.

Florida was simply a disaster. But that's the game you keep coming back to. Rather than extrapolating as if it's a prime example of how the whole season went, just think of it as an isolated "Aww Sh&t," one Butch has no intention of ever repeating.

I think that's a more accurate read on 2014. :good!:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back