Butch Jones rumored to be in Tuscaloosa

What does Saban know that we don't? I think we may be potentially naive thinking this is great for us. Is he expecting to get some intel on UT? Does he really think Butch is an offensive genius. This whole scenario is very odd.

Intel? We’re undergoing complete WHOLESALE changes on both sides of the ball, hell an entirely different mentality. Big boy football, something Butch wouldn’t have any intel about. If anything at all, Pruitt knows anything and everything there is to know about the inner workings at Bama

Reactions: 1 person
What does Saban know that we don't? I think we may be potentially naive thinking this is great for us. Is he expecting to get some intel on UT? Does he really think Butch is an offensive genius. This whole scenario is very odd.

He knows that Butch is a good coach with a track record of success. He's not blinded by irrational hatred. He knows that just because he did not meet our high expectations, that does NOT mean that he has nothing to offer as a coach.

All of you who have so much hate in your heart over Butch should really think about just letting it go. The man is gone.

And BTW, don't be surprised if he goes somewhere else and is successful there.

Reactions: 6 people
So do the Haslam's and people on here want them gone. Could you imagine if the Haslam's didn't donate to UT? :thud:

Billionaires trying to control the AD and coaching hires versus football legend millionaire who sets aside personal dislikes to publicly support AD and potential hires? Irrelevant to the fact Peyton doesn’t have a position at his alma mater and “people want to get rid of him”. :dunno:

He knows that Butch is a good coach with a track record of success. He's not blinded by irrational hatred. He knows that just because he did not meet our high expectations, that does NOT mean that he has nothing to offer as a coach.

All of you who have so much hate in your heart over Butch should really think about just letting it go. The man is gone.

And BTW, don't be surprised if he goes somewhere else and is successful there.

Nah. He's a mediocre coach with a track record of following Brian Kelly.

I think a lot of honesty gets labeled as "hate."

Reactions: 2 people
I think it’s funny. They can have him.

Attachments

• 186A44C1-52B0-4784-8CDB-584E485A5413.jpg
    186A44C1-52B0-4784-8CDB-584E485A5413.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 3
I must admit, I had something to do all this. I stopped at the Walmart in Tuscaloosa and Saban was there signing autographs. I yelled, "Nick, you couldn't win anything if you are not surrounded by the best staff money can buy!"

He looked at me and said, "Just watch, I can win with anybody!"

We shall see.

He will analyse individualization, leadership reps, life championship skills, and.....

Somebody finish that. I know I am leaving something out!

Bricks! (my apologies - now one of my least favorite words in the English language along with resiliency, individual, etc.)

Nah. He's a mediocre coach with a track record of following Brian Kelly.

I think a lot of honesty gets labeled as "hate."

No, it's hate. Don't be afraid to call it what it is. And if the reports are true, Saban disagrees with the haters. And no offense, but I think his opinion carries a bit more weight.

VN Store

Back