Butch Jones is a liar!

From Johnny Majors (1977) - Derek Dooley (2012) UT lost to Vandy 3 times in 36 years.

Butch Jones accomplished the same feat in 5 years.

Reactions: 9 people
Quote:
Originally P
osted by fade route View Post
He also said they were able to do “things” here that hadn’t been done in 20 years. He didn’t exactly specify what things he was referring to.

I'm going with tripping over helmets.

And Butch went with "landed on" a helmet.

He didn’t lie, he accomplished something that was never accomplished before:

8 loss season

:eek:lol:

He went 4 W's 6 L's so it didn't even stay around to get the 8 loss record:eek:lol: one that no one would debate
Hoke finished 0-2 his last year at Michigan was 5-7 so he could claim 9 loss :rock:

He was always a Brian Kelly coat tail rider following after whereever he left til the coat tail ran out....

In the game of LIFE, you must sometimes "position the narrative - a LITTLE"

H83kmDv.png

Reactions: 1 person
Former Vols WR Jayson Swain on Butch Jones after news of firing: ‘One of the worst human beings I’ve encountered’

My 1st reaction is not happiness. My thoughts immediately go to the former staff members, assts, & former players of Butch Jones. They had their world turned upside down & careers negatively impacted by probably one of the worst Human beings I’ve encountered I️n a long time.

— Jayson Swain (@SwainEvent) November 12, 2017

Let’s see what you say when all the truth comes out Ole Thomas. Butch is a bad dude. No other way to slice. Keep believing what you want Twitter …
11:47 AM - Nov 12, 2017

Reactions: 3 people
It seems you are misreading what was said. Relax, he's gone

Thank you. Same guy would have started a thread defending him in anger if this issue came up against Jones 4 years ago.

We have a new emporer. Time to bow at his statue and stop weeping and wailing at the last one who just died.

I agree. Looking at each statement on it's own, all true.

The first are evident.

The 2017 reference can easily be taken to mean he's never coached a team with so many injuries to key players. Which is undoubtably true.

The OP needs to revaluate his knee jerk jump to calling Jones a liar based solely on the link he provided. Serious loss of e-cred there.

If he was talking just about injuries, fine. It's not clear what he meant. He has had a team go 4-8 before though. His first team at Cincinnati in 2010 went 4-8 just one year after Brian Kelly had gone 12-1 and finished his 3 year tenure at Cincinnati with a 34-6 record. It's a little strong to call Jones' statements "lies" but it's fair to say that he was trying to sugarcoat his time here. There is not a good excuse for a coach going 4-8 at Tennessee in his 5th season. I've not seen him take any personal accountability for that at all.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know why he keeps telling the media that we hadn't won 9 games in 15 20 years. We won 10 games in 2007. I cant believe this guy!

Go get your Tucks medicated pads and Preparation H. He wasn't here in 2007. He misspoke, nothing new for him. He's gone, who cares?

Better yet, who WORTHWHILE cares?

Former Vols WR Jayson Swain on Butch Jones after news of firing: ‘One of the worst human beings I’ve encountered’

My 1st reaction is not happiness. My thoughts immediately go to the former staff members, assts, & former players of Butch Jones. They had their world turned upside down & careers negatively impacted by probably one of the worst Human beings I’ve encountered I️n a long time.

— Jayson Swain (@SwainEvent) November 12, 2017

Let’s see what you say when all the truth comes out Ole Thomas. Butch is a bad dude. No other way to slice. Keep believing what you want Twitter …
11:47 AM - Nov 12, 2017

Swain must be a joke as a "journalist" then. How long had he been covering this "truth" before Jones was fired? Waiting until he's fired to say only guarantees that he's been on his knees slurping him and the program for access for as long as he's know this "revelation". Can't have it both ways.

I don't know why he keeps telling the media that we hadn't won 9 games in 15 20 years. We won 10 games in 2007. I cant believe this guy!

Of course he’s bold faced liar. That was hardly the only one he told. At the end of the day, who cares, he’s only hurting his credibility while trying to get some idiot AD not paying attention to hire him.

Reactions: 4 people
If we're going to talk about Butch at all, we should all be his biggest cheerleaders in hopes Arizona will hire him and negate the insane buyout we're paying him.

He said he won 9 games and 3 straight bowl games. Meaning 3 straight bowl wins. Which he did do

Dobbs was MVP in all 3 bowl games...thank God that Butch had him...beat unranked Iowa, #12 AP at time Northwestern who finished # 23 AP, #24 AP at the time Nebraska who finished unranked in AP Top 25.

Let's dig further...

Jones is yet to win a matchup with a top 10 team, going 0-15 against teams rank No. 10 or higher in his career (0-13 while at Tennessee)

Combined 6-24 (.250) against ranked top 25 teams while at UT...2 of those were against bowl ranked teams...otherwise, he had an .143 winning % against ranked teams in the regular season at UT...LOL, that's embarrassing.

Let's don't even talk about Butch's record against the SEC conference...think the points been made, his results were pretty terrible from an elite-level perspective.

Swain must be a joke as a "journalist" then. How long had he been covering this "truth" before Jones was fired? Waiting until he's fired to say only guarantees that he's been on his knees slurping him and the program for access for as long as he's know this "revelation". Can't have it both ways.

I get your point, it's a valid 'theory'...My opinion, he had wisdom...after weighing pros/cons...provided less benefit to the kids and program to say that publicly while CBJ was still at the helm.

He just misrepresents the truth and never believed Tennessee was elite enough to warrant the expectations placed on him. Glad he's gone.

No - I think he understands that Tennessee is a big time program. He just doesn't know how big of a deal it is and underestimated the media/fan interest and criticism.

Dobbs was MVP in all 3 bowl games...thank God that Butch had him...beat unranked Iowa, #12 AP at time Northwestern who finished # 23 AP, #24 AP at the time Nebraska who finished unranked in AP Top 25.

Let's dig further...

Jones is yet to win a matchup with a top 10 team, going 0-15 against teams rank No. 10 or higher in his career (0-13 while at Tennessee)

Combined 6-24 (.250) against ranked top 25 teams while at UT...2 of those were against bowl ranked teams...otherwise, he had an .143 winning % against ranked teams in the regular season at UT...LOL, that's embarrassing.

Let's don't even talk about Butch's record against the SEC conference...think the points been made, his results were pretty terrible from an elite-level perspective.

It’s not even an discussion. Butch was trash. There’s a reason the trash can was his mascot.

Reactions: 2 people
He may be right about back to back 9 win seasons. But what he does is only point out positives as if in his 5th year he did not have the worst season in school history.

VN Store

Back