Butch Jones Crashes App St Post-Game Huddle

Class move. Stop trying to turn everything on its head to undermine Butch. Nothing to see people. Move on.

Reactions: 1 person
He reiterated to Bob Kesling what he said to App State players on the Butch Jones Show this morning. It was nothing but compliments and he was proud of the effort and determination they put forth. He said something about them going forward in their season and doing well. I'm paraphrasing. It was all classy.

Reactions: 2 people
He reiterated to Bob Kesling what he said to App State players on the Butch Jones Show this morning. It was nothing but compliments and he was proud of the effort and determination they put forth. He said something about them going forward in their season and doing well. I'm paraphrasing. It was all classy.

He should apologize and resign huh? :)

The timing was a bit odd. I mean how do you console a team or what do you say to a team you probably should have lost to.

The timing was a bit odd. I mean how do you console a team or what do you say to a team you probably should have lost to.

I don't think he was trying to "console" them. He let them know the opposing team respected them.

He did the same thing to OU after the loss last year. Your comment is wrong. Period. Complaining about this makes you look petty and small.

OU won, it's different. I already said that. He wiped his brow and ran over thanking them for not winning. It just seemed weird. We should probably just sit here and argue about it on the interwebs. That won't make you look petty and small. Lol

You know I'm like 1998% certain that Butch could have layed the hammer down the first week with the playbook if he wanted to put on 40 points. So, if they think he's being condescending well f*** them. They don't have any idea how vanilla this playbook was.

So you're trying to say they were saving the playbook in a game they were down double digits for most of the night?

Wow.

Maybe wait until Satterfield is done talking with his team? This is a pattern with Butch, he treats his life as if he's the subject of a running biography, the star of the show. He could have waited to meet Satterfield in their locker room. But there aren't any cameras there.

Just imagine being a head coach after a high school game. Would you wait until everything was said and done and then find your way to the visitors locker room when they're all in the shower or already on the bus to speak with the opposing team, or would you run over there very quickly and congratulate them on a hard-fought game? IMO, it had nothing to do with publicity & was simply a kind gesture on CBJ's part. He's our coach & he's improved our team & the Integrity of our team each & every year he has been here! So, I hope those of you bashing him will cut him a little slack & do the wait-and-see approach.

I saw good and bad in it.

On the plus side: nice show of respect by Butch.

On the minus side: he seemed uninvited by the ASU coach (guy seemed surprised, more than anything), and you generally don't barge into a peer's meeting without permission. Plus, his body language was wrong; too much pointing of his finger at them. I'm sure his words were complimentary, but his body language was aggressive.

You sound like those female spin doctors who ALWAYS want to deconstruct everything ANYONE else does in order to show them how things could've been done better--and who ALWAYS think life is one calculation after another...IT's FOOTBALL, SON......throw away your panties!

It's football.....we got our azzes whooped all game long....and Jones wanted to PRAISE those guys....

Pointing his fingers EMPHASIZED his point to the players.....IT'S FOOTBALL, dad-gummit.....those players are used to aggressive coaching.....

get mad at me if you want--I just don't care....but I AM SICK of the POLITICAL CORRECTNESS POLICE bringing their psychological crap into every situation...

Life is lived in the moment...not for the spin-doctors....and I am proud that CBJ is our Head Ball Coach!

:salute:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
If there is one thing we know about butch, he's a class act. No plus or minus about it. If appy didn't like it they can do their huddle in the locker room. Right after the game is the time for congratulations, that huddle garbage should be done after . There shouldn't even be a debate over this.

It was. You want Saban or Muschamp jumping in Tennessee's huddle?

Not Muschamp...but If Saban was to make that gesture BowlingGreen would pass out from the cartoon heart production. :wub:

You sound like those female spin doctors who ALWAYS want to deconstruct everything ANYONE else does in order to show them how things could've been done better--and who ALWAYS think life is one calculation after another...IT's FOOTBALL, SON......throw away your panties!

It's football.....we got our azzes whooped all game long....and Jones wanted to PRAISE those guys....

Pointing his fingers EMPHASIZED his point to the players.....IT'S FOOTBALL, dad-gummit.....those players are used to aggressive coaching.....

get mad at me if you want--I just don't care....but I AM SICK of the POLITICAL CORRECTNESS POLICE bringing their psychological crap into every situation...

Life is lived in the moment...not for the spin-doctors....and I am proud that CBJ is our Head Ball Coach!

:salute:

Damn dude! Bringin it! :lol:

Last edited:
Damn dude! Bringin it! :lol:

Well....dad-burn it....

I'm as unhappy with how we looked as anyone else...but let's face it: We're only mad because now we have to listen to the doubters on ESPN and the SEC Network run their mouths about Tennessee some more--and how we're not the real deal....

THEY CREATE THE UT HYPE...and when we have a poor performance...THEY say we're worthless......

IT's ONE GAME.....We won....barely......It's over.....

I don't care if we drop to 20th in the polls.....we still have our entire season ahead of us....and don't play Fla until 9/17....

VN Store

Back