Butch Jones 100% committed to UT.

He's back...for everyone who believes in the beat.

f77f00-albums-ps-picture5213-electric-grudaloo.jpg

Awesome

Reactions: 1 person
He loves Tennessee. He'll do what it takes to get us back! Love this coach.

Relax and left-click from the menu...
<file>+<tools>+<guages>+<sarcasm>+<recalibrate>
... it's rampant in here.
You must've missed the smiley face eating popcorn. Need to take your own advice if that gobbledegook means what I think it means.

“There’s no validity to it. I’m not even gonna waste your time or my time by even commenting on that. I think y’all know how I feel.”

Why discuss it again tonight on Vol Calls?

He discussed it again tonight to help ease the paranoid fears of VN. He thought his comment last night was good enough to dispel the rumors. But not with VN. So he was more specific tonight about wanting to be here at Tennessee.

That being said it was coach speak to some degree, although I do think he truly likes it here. I am sure the losing is driving him nuts with his personality. I do not see him leaving, but if it was to another college, UM or MSU being home state teams would be the ones. I see Butch looking at the NFL more in a few years than other colleges.

I don't understand the people that feel coaches have more "commitment" to a university than the average Joe has to his own job.

In fact, coaches in recent history tend to have miniscule tenures as compared to most normal workers I know.

That being said, I hope Butch continues to work hard and gets us on the right track here in the next 2 seasons.

He discussed it again tonight to help ease the paranoid fears of VN. He thought his comment last night was good enough to dispel the rumors. But not with VN. So he was more specific tonight about wanting to be here at Tennessee.

That being said it was coach speak to some degree, although I do think he truly likes it here. I am sure the losing is driving him nuts with his personality. I do not see him leaving, but if it was to another college, UM or MSU being home state teams would be the ones. I see Butch looking at the NFL more in a few years than other colleges.

I don't see him looking anywhere beyond UT. He has clearly stated this IS his dream job, he loves it here, he said his goal is to win championships here, and I truly believe his ultimate goal is to establish himself as the savior of Tennessee football and have a statue beside General Neyland. Going anywhere else without backing his statements would kill his credibility. CBJ is solid to UT.

Hypothetically speaking, if Butch were NOT firmly committed to us, I doubt he'd purposefully sabotage our program... that would cause his market value plummet.

I feel he'll give us 100% the entire time, and I hope he's here for many many years.

Per Butch Jones on Vol calls he is 100% committed to UT and will be here for a long time. His family loves it here and he is not going anywhere. Hopefully this ends all the talk.

What talk? Oh you mean on that Bammer site 247?

This is a lot more concrete than the other statement. I don't think he would make it if he is considering a different job. He would look like a Saban/Petrino if he bolted now.

Hypothetically speaking, if Butch were NOT firmly committed to us, I doubt he'd purposefully sabotage our program... that would cause his market value plummet.

I feel he'll give us 100% the entire time, and I hope he's here for many many years.
Look what Franklin did with Vandy recruits; it's not in a coach's approach to stay true to the end. Cincinnati is dealing, two years later, with the ends of CBJ's 3rd year there. He pursued Colorado and Pursue while biding time to wait for any Tennessee interest. ALL coaches know how to handle the recruiting pipeline if they have any possibility of entertaining another offer.
He's positioning for more money now; wish he could develop the skills of position players instead.

VN Store

Back