Butch has lost even the apologists

Many have left and rarely visit because this site is too anti VOL and has nothing of importance about Tennessee football.

Very few, if any, discussions are about football - only folks wishing to attack anything and everything that is said, done or "rumored" about.

This site is toxic.

You speak the truth. This site is the Jerry Springer show of college football.

Reactions: 5 people
I was still 100% supportive for Butch until UMASS. Then the final straw was how they lost to Georgia. You can't at least be competitive at home in year 5?

This is where it got me. UT was fun football to watch even in 7 win years. Talented guys making plays. We look horrible. You could watch CP even in DOOLEY years. I spend a lot of money and being in the hot sun after driving up and seeing those two games put me over the top. Why should I care when so many players don't. Butch looks like he has mailed it in. If we get blown out Saturday and I go to Bama game and it is another game even like last years, they better fire him or no season tickets next year. Losing a game is one thing. Being non competitive is another.

It's just the way the team looks. It's poorly coached. Guys aren't motivated for whatever reason. All the locker room drama just signals all is not well in Vol land. The offense is bad no matter which QB you run out there, and the defense should be better than it is. You can't hide it in year 5. Excuses don't really work anymore..

Reactions: 2 people
I still support coach until he no longer is coach. I will always support the program.

Your hate has you thinking you are a majority just because of a silly forum where you congregate like fish in a mud hole.

Well said. Back to labeling thread. :good!:

Reactions: 3 people
It seems the Butch apologists have gone into hiding. It happened with Fulmer, it happened with Dooley.
I believe it is time for a change...but is there anyone left who still thinks butch is the right man for the job?

"It takes 7 years to build a program." Butch Jones

I checked out 3 years ago, if we lose Saturday and they don't fire his useless a$$ on the spot its time to storm the Bastille.

Reactions: 1 person
Many have left and rarely visit because this site is too anti VOL and has nothing of importance about Tennessee football.

Very few, if any, discussions are about football - only folks wishing to attack anything and everything that is said, done or "rumored" about.

This site is toxic.

Amen. Whiny threads like this are the reason sensible fans are staying away. The entitled crybabies have taken over the site and they are impervious to logic and reason.

We all know Vol fans like this in our personal lives. They're the ones you would never invite to your house to watch a game. They ruin it for everyone around them. And when the going gets tough, they believe they are suffering more than everyone else. And then they're hostile to anyone who isn't as miserable as they are, which is pretty much everyone.

Reactions: 7 people

I checked out 3 years ago, if we lose Saturday and they don't fire his useless a$$ on the spot its time to storm the Bastille.

Lol you checked out after first bowl game season in many years? True fan

I still support coach until he no longer is coach. I will always support the program.

Your hate has you thinking you are a majority just because of a silly forum where you congregate like fish in a mud hole.

Losing games on the field after a hard fought game is one thing. Losing numerous games where the coach makes questionable calls/decisions is another.

So you blindly support whomever the university choses to put into the position. Because, we all know, the university administration has never been wrong in the past.

One can back their team and disagree with the choices of the administration and coach. Those who blindly back the coach after numerous bad calls over numerous years are bound to always be looking in the rear view mirror on what happened and why.

Reactions: 1 person

Won’t that involve leaving your Mom’s safe comfy basement?

in3PbRX.gif

Reactions: 5 people
I was in favor of supporting Butch up until Georgia game. I still believe injuries were the main culprit for last year's decline but it is obvious to me there is something terribly wrong now.
Where I differ with a lot of fans is, I will always be grateful for what he did here. We are in much better shape for whomever comes next..
It's time to make a change, I just don't think we have to be so vitriolic towards him.

Losing games on the field after a hard fought game is one thing. Losing numerous games where the coach makes questionable calls/decisions is another.

So you blindly support whomever the university choses to put into the position. Because, we all know, the university administration has never been wrong in the past.

One can back their team and disagree with the choices of the administration and coach. Those who blindly back the coach after numerous bad calls over numerous years are bound to always be looking in the rear view mirror on what happened and why.

You guys like tossing around the terms blindly supporting or apologists you also like to put everyone in the same category if they don't agree with you

Must be tuff to be perfect know everything and judging people all at once.

Reactions: 9 people
I was in favor of supporting Butch up until Georgia game. I still believe injuries were the main culprit for last year's decline but it is obvious to me there is something terribly wrong now.
Where I differ with a lot of fans is, I will always be grateful for what he did here. We are in much better shape for whomever comes next..
It's time to make a change, I just don't think we have to be so vitriolic towards him.

Bingo. Except it was UMass for me

He needs another five years.
He inherited a mess from Dooley.
We don't have the money.
He needs to just get a QB coach, strength coach, new 3rd song...
We will lose an excellant 2018 recruiting class if we let Butch go.
We might get another Dooley if we let Coach Jones go.
We are still filling the Stadium and making money.
We are young.
We have had injuries.
That Martinez kid coming in next year will be able to run the offense and will win the East in 2018.

:good!:

You guys like tossing around the terms blindly supporting or apologists you also like to put everyone in the same category if they don't agree with you

I was responding to the poster. If you want to take it on, that's on you.

Given your post history over the last two years...

hypocrisy-meter.gif

Reactions: 4 people
I still want him to turn it around. Win out and come back stronger next year. I like the guy and respect what he did to pull us out of the gutter of the Dooley era.

However, I don’t see that happening and won’t lose sleep if he is let go at seasons end.... or before if we don’t get bowl eligible.

After the Florida game, I knew we would be on the decline quickly. The coaches decisions for no running plays inside the 5 on two separate drives is demoralizing to the team, especially when you come away with 0 points.

Go preach to ESPN and virtually every media outlet in the country covering this team.

It isn't hate, it's just acknowledging what Jones' refuses to, he is in over his head.

Supporting the program includes striving for excellence rather than settling for mediocrity.

GO BIG ORANGE!

That is very true, but the amount of vitriol on social media, to the point of making up vicious rumors about a man that has poured his heart and soul into the program, is not really supporting the program in a constructive manner. Not blaming you for starting ugly rumors obviously, or anyone on VN, but still, the constant hate towards Butch is not only unnecessary, but at least IMO, harmful to the program. It affects how prospective coaches look at the job; it affects how recruits look at the school, especially if they are visiting and hear the boos and read the ugly signs, and it also affects the current players. It is just not a good look at all for a fanbase that recruits have already said is the most annoying fanbase on social media.

It's just the way the team looks. It's poorly coached. Guys aren't motivated for whatever reason. All the locker room drama just signals all is not well in Vol land. The offense is bad no matter which QB you run out there, and the defense should be better than it is. You can't hide it in year 5. Excuses don't really work anymore..

Exactly.

These teams under Jones have seldom passed the eye test as being well coached.

Tackling is apparently a lost art under Jones' teams. They looked good the first season swarming to the ball but have gotten progressively worse.

The special teams that was a strength has fallen off.

The QB play has never been stellar in the passing game. Even Dobbs had his off moments as a senior.

The O line plays soft and misses assignments on a regular basis. Most of the running stats came from broken plays being salvaged by Dobbs, Hurd, Kamara, and Kelly.

Wide receivers are hit and miss. Calloway has been a non factor since GA Tech as an example.

The kicking game is laughable at this point. It gets lost in the noise of the FL loss that hitting those 3 FG makes that Hail Mary a moot point. Trevor Daniel going rugby style after putting up an All American career is beyond asinine.

Off the field is even disintegrating under Jones with the fights this season.

I'm no CBJ apologist and I think it's time to part ways. Mostly because I think even if he finishes strong you guys would never give him another chance.

I personally believe that all coaches make mistakes and it's up to us to forgive. The real truth is he has tried and succeeded some and failed some but our fans have been waiting for him to fail since he was first hired. I know this job has added years to his life and I hope he enjoys to rest of it.

I'm just tired of seeing our fans throw stones at every NON popular coach because they didn't get what they want or who they want! Patience is part of winning and while you can claim it's been a long time most of you have acted impatient throughout the process.

We all said 8-4 was a good season this year and setting up for a great one next. Most of you will not settle for 8-4 now and the negativity has reached a point of now trying to mock those who won't throw stones... like this thread and others.

No Thanks! I'll watch you define a small part of your life immaturely hating someone publicly but I will not add to the discussion. The sad part is when we get our new coach it will probably not be who you want so they will walk through this whole process as well..... and a lot of you guys are convinced that none of what you say effects our recruits or program on this site or social media. I don't see us becoming great again anytime soon nor do I think CBJ will get there. It's the process in how our fans have always handled defeat and how they take it out immediately. Every fan base has them but we have to many.

To be clear I understand that CBJ did some bad coaching at UF and GA so I can not take up for him but I will not participate.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back