Butch addresses "energy vampires."

Energy_vampire.jpg

vampire_guy.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
So your basically saying that we have a two faced coach. I don't care if he's a ten faced coach - results matter. Classroom - look at the results. Recruiting - look at the results. Coaching record - look at the results. He's still under water in the coaching results at UT but given his track record, he will fix that. Now just what were you whining about CBJ being two faced? BTW, nobody is forcing you to listen to our head football coach.

Exactly what I said. I don't care what he says as long as he wins which he hasn't proven yet. When he gets to that point, he can be the holy big man in the cult.

I'm not loyal to him or any coach; I've loyal to My state of birth and university.

Time is the ultimate scoreboard. We'll see.

Reactions: 1 person
The word up here for CBJ is"duplicitous"----what we use to call down south as "two faced"---he can say two different things about the same subject to two different people.

If and When he delivers, he can use all the un-original, quote stealing, duplicitous phrases he can think of....as long as he wins. CBJ has great kids who repeat what he says because they know it is expected of them. Really, how many kids do you guess think of a football game as "taking care of business" and just another "work day"??

I have a great deal of faith and hope in Hart that he has been around enough successful coaches to know the difference. But, when I click a link and see the presser lasted about 50 minutes, I can only listen to beginning and can fill in the blanks from the previous 5 years of listening to CBJ.

My hope is in the athletic administration, not the latest best seller motivational book read by coaches.

Players in virtually every sport talk about "taking care of business" in interviews all the time and have been doing so ever since microphones were put in front of their faces. Ever watch interviews with Bama's players? That's all you hear. Why? Because Saban has the same philosophy as Butch does in that he wants his players to take emotion out of the equation and take a workman-like approach to games. Butch has said he wants his players to play with passion, certainly, because of their love for the game. But on game day he wants them "taking care of business." Ask any successful coach in any sport and I suspect you will find that is a part of their approach to game days.

Reactions: 3 people
Butch is slick, his blazer game is on point and he knows how to tell the media "don't ask me the same dumb question again" or how to tell the media "Im not going to squarely answer that question" without really saying anything at all.

I love it. He even chimed in yesterday to tell media not to ask him the same exact question they'd just asked Hart about his assistants getting more money.

You don't get top 5 recruiting classes without being a silver tounge and that's just a fact.

Reactions: 4 people
Some of you guys act like you never heard a coach speak before. Many great coaches throughout the years have used phrases or cliches in their speak and motivational speeches. "Work like heck" should still be fresh in every Vol fans mind.

One of the greatest NFL coaches of all time Bill Parcels was full of cliches. "Don't eat the cheese", gas cans in players lockers, bus tickets in players lockers and many many more.

CBJ is doing a good job, let's just enjoy this ride!

Reactions: 4 people
[QUOTE=roddo518;10956571]From those comments, it sounds like a jilted bearcat fan to me. I've not seen a two faced coach. I've seen someone that says what he means and means what he says. I've also witnessed a team that refuses to quit until the game is over. I've also witnessed a team that doesn't whine about the bad breaks or plays that go against them. All of that equals a team strong in character. A team embodies the character of the coach. I guess you can have your opinion of our coach and I'll have mine.[/QUOTE]

No alliance to Cincinnati, but do live in Northern Ohio where Butch has recruited heavily. Best knowledge of the recruiting world/coach speak/ comes from best friend who is a high school coach. At Cincinnati Butch followed in the footsteps of Brian Kelly---recruits, spread offense, same clichés...probably a higher IQ legacy. BK deals with same comments about his clichés/both sides of his mouth.

Butch was followed at Cincinnati by an older, seasoned coach who had lots of success in SEC and on national stage with proven records against other SEC giants, fired/updated staff...but forced out after down turns, as is the reality in the coaching profession.

As I've said multiple times on post, I'm looking forward to CBJ's time with HIS recruits and HIS development in coaching on the field.

Until them, I pray at the altar of Tennessee administration, not any individual coach.

Also, I pay homage to First Amendment rights for which my father died to protect.

Some of you guys act like you never heard a coach speak before. Many great coaches throughout the years have used phrases or cliches in their speak and motivational speeches. "Work like heck" should still be fresh in every Vol fans mind.

One of the greatest NFL coaches of all time Bill Parcels was full of cliches. "Don't eat the cheese", gas cans in players lockers, bus tickets in players lockers and many many more.

CBJ is doing a good job, let's just enjoy this ride!

People just remember that Dooley never said anything that meant anything.

Butch is going to be a great coach for many years to come, people who cant see that baffle me. Give the guy a break. Yeah he uses coach speak quite often but i would much rather him use coach speak then talking about world war 2(dooley) or going on rampages(spurrier) and be on espn being made fun of nationally. Im sure recruits dont like it when there coach is on national tv being made fun of for not thinking before speaking. Butch's recruiting is top notch and we got to a bowl game this year. Yeah we want to win championships, but that will come in about 2 more years. Wait until he gets some quality depth before judging him on any level. Butch Jones is the man and im sure it upsets him when idiots are talking and bashing about that way he talks during press conferences.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch is going to be a great coach for many years to come, people who cant see that baffle me. Give the guy a break. Yeah he uses coach speak quite often but i would much rather him use coach speak then talking about world war 2(dooley) or going on rampages(spurrier) and be on espn being made fun of nationally. Im sure recruits dont like it when there coach is on national tv being made fun of for not thinking before speaking. Butch's recruiting is top notch and we got to a bowl game this year. Yeah we want to win championships, but that will come in about 2 more years. Wait until he gets some quality depth before judging him on any level. Butch Jones is the man and im sure it upsets him when idiots are talking and bashing about that way he talks during press conferences.

excellent points, truly. I hold the same hopes.
surely there are people at the University who can assist him with presser responsibilities/speech patterns without showing his frustration. He was a good representative on SEC Nation blip; but, I own my hang ups that it's just as hard listening to his "agin" agin...as it is listening to my daughter say "like" as a filler.
Film review always helps.

Butch Jones is the man and im sure it upsets him when idiots are talking and bashing about that way he talks during press conferences.

I couldn't agree more; the universally recognized preeminent hallmark of quality leadership is the proclivity for allowing idiots to adversely affect one's mental state.

You're either a fountain or a drain

So like, is there a sexual undertone to what CBJ said??

As long as they're not sparkly vampires like in those stupid movies my wife watched I'm OK with the reference.

The word up here for CBJ is"duplicitous"----what we use to call down south as "two faced"---he can say two different things about the same subject to two different people.

If and When he delivers, he can use all the un-original, quote stealing, duplicitous phrases he can think of....as long as he wins. CBJ has great kids who repeat what he says because they know it is expected of them. Really, how many kids do you guess think of a football game as "taking care of business" and just another "work day"??

I have a great deal of faith and hope in Hart that he has been around enough successful coaches to know the difference. But, when I click a link and see the presser lasted about 50 minutes, I can only listen to beginning and can fill in the blanks from the previous 5 years of listening to CBJ.

My hope is in the athletic administration, not the latest best seller motivational book read by coaches.

So, what you are saying is that you aren't a fan of sparkly vampires? :)

Seriously, I get it.

I frankly don't pay much attention to what Jones or any coach says as much as I do as the results on the field.

Everyone loved Dooley and thought he was great when he first started.

The cliches and canned speeches only gets a coach so far though as Dooley can attest.

VN Store

Back