Butch addresses "energy vampires."

Every time Butch speaks there is a purpose in the message. Some want to call it 'coach speak' as if it's a negative toward him. But when players quote their coach in their interviews, you know his message is getting thru to the team. I really think the mindset he is trying to establish right now with the team is not for this year, but when we are competing for an sec championship and each game is in the national spotlight. Go VOLS, and keep doing what your doing Coach!

The word up here for CBJ is"duplicitous"----what we use to call down south as "two faced"---he can say two different things about the same subject to two different people.

If and When he delivers, he can use all the un-original, quote stealing, duplicitous phrases he can think of....as long as he wins. CBJ has great kids who repeat what he says because they know it is expected of them. Really, how many kids do you guess think of a football game as "taking care of business" and just another "work day"??

I have a great deal of faith and hope in Hart that he has been around enough successful coaches to know the difference. But, when I click a link and see the presser lasted about 50 minutes, I can only listen to beginning and can fill in the blanks from the previous 5 years of listening to CBJ.

My hope is in the athletic administration, not the latest best seller motivational book read by coaches.

The word up here for CBJ is"duplicitous"----what we use to call down south as "two faced"---he can say two different things about the same subject to two different people.

If and When he delivers, he can use all the un-original, quote stealing, duplicitous phrases he can think of....as long as he wins. CBJ has great kids who repeat what he says because they know it is expected of them. Really, how many kids do you guess think of a football game as "taking care of business" and just another "work day"??

I have a great deal of faith and hope in Hart that he has been around enough successful coaches to know the difference. But, when I click a link and see the presser lasted about 50 minutes, I can only listen to beginning and can fill in the blanks from the previous 5 years of listening to CBJ.

My hope is in the athletic administration, not the latest best seller motivational book read by coaches.

From those comments, it sounds like a jilted bearcat fan to me. I've not seen a two faced coach. I've seen someone that says what he means and means what he says. I've also witnessed a team that refuses to quit until the game is over. I've also witnessed a team that doesn't whine about the bad breaks or plays that go against them. All of that equals a team strong in character. A team embodies the character of the coach. I guess you can have your opinion of our coach and I'll have mine.

Reactions: 14 people
From those comments, it sounds like a jilted bearcat fan to me. I've not seen a two faced coach. I've seen someone that says what he means and means what he says. I've also witnessed a team that refuses to quit until the game is over. .

My thoughts exactly. :good!:

Reactions: 3 people

So your basically saying that we have a two faced coach. I don't care if he's a ten faced coach - results matter. Classroom - look at the results. Recruiting - look at the results. Coaching record - look at the results. He's still under water in the coaching results at UT but given his track record, he will fix that. Now just what were you whining about CBJ being two faced? BTW, nobody is forcing you to listen to our head football coach.

Reactions: 6 people
If he ever wins anything here; I fear he could run for governor and win.

3 most popular people any given year in the state of Tennessee, imo....

1. Qb at UT
2. Coach at UT
3. Governor

There is a cult like following that are brainwashed into thinking that anyone who disagrees with anything about the program must be a negavol or troll

Reactions: 6 people
I personally thought this was the first 1:30 in 2.5 years where Butch pretty much called it black and white. I didn't hear the talk of the process, etc. The vampires cliche was more of an innuendo suggesting in a very nice way that either you play hard, and with some passion, or you can GTFO. That's the mentality we need, and it seams to rub off on the players, particularly the ones we have seen on the field this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Every time Butch speaks there is a purpose in the message. Some want to call it 'coach speak' as if it's a negative toward him. But when players quote their coach in their interviews, you know his message is getting thru to the team. I really think the mindset he is trying to establish right now with the team is not for this year, but when we are competing for an sec championship and each game is in the national spotlight. Go VOLS, and keep doing what your doing Coach!

This is absolutely right. Butch is a great leader with a consistent message and creative ways to help players understand it.

Reactions: 2 people
There is a cult like following that are brainwashed into thinking that anyone who disagrees with anything about the program must be a negavol or troll

thats such bull **** and you know it.
there is a difference between not agreeing with what is happening and being a complete prick(negavol).

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back