BTO’s Vanderbilt postgame report

Well at least he shouldn't need to sign a contract after 3 years to play overseas to help get his family out of poverty.

But... if he's at all unhappy after next year (missing the NCAAT for example), then he'd probably be a grad transfer to an NCAAT lock.

I think that he'll be a 4-year VFL and contend to have that jersey hanging from the TBA roof trusses.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok I will be the first to say it. Grant williams isn't a 4 year player. We are only going to have him one more year. Not sure it will be wise to declare but with his production he is going to give it a try. With his academics I bet he graduates in 3 years anyway

I say he is here for four years. Remember, he selected us over Harvard, among others. He is here for his academics. Like Dobbs before him, he's in a difficult major (engineering). IIRC Dobbs was an influence on him choosing Tennessee. He saw us as being a school with a good balance of the athletics and academics.

Reactions: 3 people
There really aren't that many players in the history of TN BB that have left early for pro ball.

Bernard King
Marcus Haislip
Tobias Harris
Jarnell Stokes

Anybody else? Tyler Smith should have instead of getting kicked off the team as a senior.

I say he is here for four years. Remember, he selected us over Harvard, among others. He is here for his academics. Like Dobbs before him, he's in a difficult major (engineering). IIRC Dobbs was an influence on him choosing Tennessee. He saw us as being a school with a good balance of the athletics and academics.

When he graduates is key. Per our website he is majoring in Business.

On TV, the cheering later in the game was so loud when Williams was racking up points, I honestly wondered if the Vandy fans were cheering for him also.

Well at least he shouldn't need to sign a contract after 3 years to play overseas to help get his family out of poverty.

But... if he's at all unhappy after next year (missing the NCAAT for example), then he'd probably be a grad transfer to an NCAAT lock.

I think that he'll be a 4-year VFL and contend to have that jersey hanging from the TBA roof trusses.
Since we're predicting, 4 years vol bball, undergrad in 3, masters, 5th year bulks up and plays left tackle for Pruitt. Too short for NBA post play but perfect size and arm length for an offensive tackle.

thanks bleed and BTO...great road win...won a must win...on to the next must win...just took a half to shake off the KY hangover...:)

GO VOLS!

Speaking of being at the game.

I caught some grief about posting at halftime that we hadn't played poor defense. After watching some highlights they certainly did get more open looks than I thought. My seats were so low that it was very hard to have depth perception. I would recommend sitting in the 2nd level at Memorial as I just couldn't see all that well being floor level and pretty far from the court.

I caught some grief about posting at halftime that we hadn't played poor defense. After watching some highlights they certainly did get more open looks than I thought. My seats were so low that it was very hard to have depth perception. I would recommend sitting in the 2nd level at Memorial as I just couldn't see all that well being floor level and pretty far from the court.

Yea the defense was pretty bad, what made it worse was seemingly ignoring the scout on specific players...much better job in the 2nd half.

"I caught some grief about posting at halftime that we hadn't played poor defense."

The boys just don't fight through screens all that well. They are often out of position and end up lunging at the shooter.

I don't understand why they can't stay in front of ball handlers.

They don't always get back on defense as quickly as they should.

I don't believe Fulkerson is a miracle worker but he does exhibit some court savvy and knows where his teammates are. I particularly liked his block of a 3 point attempt last night.

Went to the game. Finding a parking spot wasn't easy. I walked about 1/2 mile. Got a ticket in the A section, second level.

It's amazing that many of the seats don't have backs! The winding corridors are like a maze when moving to different sides of the building.

That gym is horrible, should be demolished.

Yea the defense was pretty bad, what made it worse was seemingly ignoring the scout on specific players...much better job in the 2nd half.

This. Goes back to Barnes saying, "they know what to do, they just dont want to do it", IMO.

He has to get on their butt at halftime and they come out, Barnes makes scheme/personnel adjustments, the team makes an attitude adjustment, and you see the results. Two games in a row now. Hopefully, they learn to trust the scouting report and do their jobs with passion and intensity for 40 minutes going forward.

This. Goes back to Barnes saying, "they know what to do, they just dont want to do it", IMO.

He has to get on their butt at halftime and they come out, Barnes makes scheme/personnel adjustments, the team makes an attitude adjustment, and you see the results. Two games in a row now. Hopefully, they learn to trust the scouting report and do their jobs with passion and intensity for 40 minutes going forward.

Maybe people will call me a coach supporter or whatever, but I believe this staff does a hell of a job on their scouts, and that if the players pay attention and buy into it they have a very good chance in every game.

Its an old opera house so never sit real close (youre looking at their shoes) and always go to the balcony level (2nd level). Endzone seats there are pretty good but courtside suck.

That gym is horrible, should be demolished.

I know I'm in the minority, but I love Memorial Gym. If it was Tennessee's, we'd all love it too for its uniqueness and advantages.

Sidenote, have coaches always been allowed to roam the sideline portion, or is that a new development? I've never noticed that and I wonder if the NCAA stepped in and made them change it.

VN Store

Back