Bruce Pearl on Arizona List?

Pat summit though is another story. She has more wins than any other basketball coach mens or womens. Her teams win and often win big. I do realize that mens basketball brings in more revenue than womens so pearl will likely get paid more. However if we are just talking about who deserves it thats different.

IMO the market should drive coaches salaries.

From what I've read, women's BB doesn't make money for the Athletic Department. It's partly funded by the men's BB and FB programs.

The LadyVols actually cost the University of Tennessee around $230,000 last season.

Pat Summit is easily the most overpaid individual in the history of athletics.

Oh yeah, This is the thread I wanted to see this afternoon...I'm on my 2nd bottle of pepto bismol due to the Bama game and now this news?...Geez, you guys are gonna hate the dang medical bill I send you for the montana sized ulcer you all give me with threads like this! LOL

Having lived in Tucson for several several years and Tennessee, I would take the weather and women in Tennessee over Arizona. :twocents:
I myself have lived in Tucson,it's extremely hot and the women are not..unless you love Latino women...then you might be happy there.

The LadyVols actually cost the University of Tennessee around $230,000 last season.

Pat Summit is easily the most overpaid individual in the history of athletics.

Now where did You get this news?...Thats bull hockey, Until bruce showed up the ladies were almost outdrawing the men...Summit is a UT legend and has done more to promote UT athletics than just about anyone, She is in the spotlight for UT more than just about anyone, She wins championships thus she is deserving of whatever the hell she wants.

You might be right. However I think there would be a number of shcools that would be all over summit if she decided to leave UT. From just a coaching standpoint she is an amazing coach.
I do know its all business and thats why fulmer gets paid what he does. Football brings in more money than basketball.
Just talking about who deserves it more (the wins and losses) Pat sumitt does.

I don't care if she leaves...the men's basketball coach should not be making less than the women's. Would we pay our soccer coach that much if they won 7 titles?

Now where did You get this news?...Thats bull hockey, Until bruce showed up the ladies were almost outdrawing the men...Summit is a UT legend and has done more to promote UT athletics than just about anyone, She is in the spotlight for UT more than just about anyone, She wins championships thus she is deserving of whatever the hell she wants.

:rock: Sorry to increase your Pepto consumption, but don't shoot the messenger, just passing along what may be going down. They do say this will not happen until next year, the coach search that is.

Now where did You get this news?...Thats bull hockey,
Since Title IX came in to effect, universities receiving public funding have had to disclose all their financial data from their respective athletic departments. You can disagree with the numbers if you want, but please have some kind of evidence and statistical data to do so with.
Equity in Athletics Data Analysis Cutting Tool Website
Until bruce showed up the ladies were almost outdrawing the men...
You might want to check your facts and figures on that statement. UT men's basketball has actually drawn quite large crowds (on a national attendance scale) since TBA opened...
Summit is a UT legend and has done more to promote UT athletics than just about anyone, She is in the spotlight for UT more than just about anyone, She wins championships thus she is deserving of whatever the hell she wants.
Right. While I was in elementary school, we lost one basketball game from kindergarten through eighth grade...I guess my coach should have been paid seven figures (after all, that was 9 CYO championships for the Greater Kansas City Metro Area).

Wrong.

Having lived in Tucson for several several years and Tennessee, I would take the weather and women in Tennessee over Arizona. :twocents:

I myself have lived in Tucson,it's extremely hot and the women are not..unless you love Latino women...then you might be happy there.

You guys are nuts. Maybe Tucson women but it's a short drive to Phoenix where the women are definitely a bit better than TN. As for weather, I'll take the AZ heat over a TN summer

Right. While I was in elementary school, we lost one basketball game from kindergarten through eighth grade...I guess my coach should have been paid seven figures (after all, that was 9 CYO championships for the Greater Kansas City Metro Area).[/QUOTE]

Now that's really comparing apples to oranges, (which you actually can do - apples are hard & crunchy while oranges are soft & juicy). Doesn't compare at all.

The popularity of Women's BB pales in comparison tothe men's BB and FB programs. Nothing against Pat Summitt, thats just the reality.

Now that's really comparing apples to oranges, (which you actually can do - apples are hard & crunchy while oranges are soft & juicy). Doesn't compare at all.
You are correct. The comparison is not fair. The CYO competition is definitely stiffer in the Greater Kansas City Metro Area than is the competition in NCAA Division I Lady's Basketball.

You guys are nuts. Maybe Tucson women but it's a short drive to Phoenix where the women are definitely a bit better than TN. As for weather, I'll take the AZ heat over a TN summer

Short drive? Try 2 hours. I'll take seasons, with color changes, trees, etc over the desert. The latin women are extremely hot in AZ I give you that though.

It is roaring hot in southern Arizona but up in the mountains it is quite pleasent...Flagstaff area, It actually snows up there in winter...but yeah living in Miami I can relate to missing the changing of the seasons...We don't get any of that here...Too tropical

Short drive? Try 2 hours. I'll take seasons, with color changes, trees, etc over the desert. The latin women are extremely hot in AZ I give you that though.

it is not 2 hrs (last I read the city limits were approaching <50mi apart) and you are really short-sighted if all you see are Latin women in AZ. BP would have a field day.

It is roaring hot in southern Arizona but up in the mountains it is quite pleasent...Flagstaff area, It actually snows up there in winter...but yeah living in Miami I can relate to missing the changing of the seasons...We don't get any of that here...Too tropical
Miami..now that's a freaking sauna.

The white mountains are awesome, I loved that place, but its 3 hours to get there.

it is not 2 hrs (last I read the city limits were approaching <50mi apart) and you are really short-sighted if all you see are Latin women in AZ. BP would have a field day.

I lived in Tucson for 4 years I know how long it takes to drive to Phoenix. The city limits are not 50 miles apart. If you do 90-100 mph, which many people do, its still an 1 hr 20 minutes to get there starting from North Tucson.

Mapquest, 1 hr 55 minutes
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Tucson&1s=AZ&2c=Phoenix&2s=AZ

Last edited:
Guess we're going to have to do this every time a coach steps down or is fired...I felt that there was more chance Bruce would have taken the Indiana job than there is that he would take the Arizona job...no ties, no recruiting base, would be a tough sell to the fans as well.

I was thinking the same thing regarding Indiana and Arizona.
I am definitely tired of getting nervous everytime somebody goes looking for a coach.
I expect UT to continue taking care of Bruce to make sure he stays.

VN Store

Back