Bruce Feldman on DaRick Rogers

its just weed man....no guns or beating people up....bet many on here do some sort of mind altering substance,,,alcohol included

So?

As a student athlete, he's held responsible and to a higher standard. He didn't uphold that. His loss.

Besides, this isn't Colorado or Washington, weed is illegal, end of story. Alcohol is illegal under 21. Neither of which DR was at the time of the problems.

Your point is moot to me.

Reactions: 1 person
Media speak. I don't think he learned his lesson that quickly. He wanted to be a "star," pissed away his chances at UT (literally), saw the opportunity to "shine" at TTU, took it to use up his eligibility after we let him go, and made the next jump up to the pros.

Helluva athlete, but I have zero respect for him.

Additionally, I think there's a good chance he may be featured on ESPN one day for failing league substance abuse policies. Mo' money = Mo' problems.

Funny that you can have zero respect for a person because they chose to smoke pot while playing football. It's not like he's Charles Manson, jeez.

Reactions: 3 people
So?

As a student athlete, he's held responsible and to a higher standard. He didn't uphold that. His loss.

Besides, this isn't Colorado or Washington, weed is illegal, end of story. Alcohol is illegal under 21. Neither of which DR was at the time of the problems.

Your point is moot to me.

Oh I get it. You are holier than thou. Cool beans bro.

:good!:

Reactions: 3 people
Oh I get it. You are holier than thou. Cool beans bro.

:good!:

No, and I'm sorry you feel that way. I just don't understand why some of these kids think they can get away with stuff that's obviously against the rules and policies. He had his chances, just like Janzen Jackson, and blew it.

I hope he has success in the NFL, I just have little respect for someone who can't learn from their own mistakes when given several opportunities to fix it. Seems to me that he was the one being disrespectul by choosing the way he did and hurting his own team and angering the fan base that paid good money to see him play.

I'm not gonna sit here and say I have zero respect for him and call him a thug etc like some of you are doing because he smoked some weed. I wish him the best of luck in the pros and hope he has a good career

Just please please dont drink and drive. This to me, considering the NFL has a driving service for these players, deserves harsher criticism than failing a tweed test. IMO

I donÂ’t understand all the DaRick love on this board. He was given an opportunity that many can only dream about. He had the talent and skill to really make a difference. Instead of being remembered as a true VFL and a role model he will be remembered as a pot head that got kicked off the team. He let his family, team and the fans down. I just canÂ’t find it in me to wish him well just because he once wore Orange.

Should he get drafted by the Cowboys, then the old Da Rick will come out again. He will be with Dez Bryant to influence him.

However; if he goes to New England or Pittsburgh, they will not tolerate him acting silly. He will be on a short leash.

It depends on the environment he will be in.

You watch too much Sportcenter.

Maybe he did learn his lesson. He thought he was invincible and surely getting kicked off of the big stage of the SEC proved to him that he wasn't. That has to be a humbling experience. I kinda buy it. I think he has a chance to do really well at the next level.

Also, I would totally burn one with Da'Rick if given the chance.

Media speak. I don't think he learned his lesson that quickly. He wanted to be a "star," pissed away his chances at UT (literally), saw the opportunity to "shine" at TTU, took it to use up his eligibility after we let him go, and made the next jump up to the pros.

Helluva athlete, but I have zero respect for him.

Additionally, I think there's a good chance he may be featured on ESPN one day for failing league substance abuse policies. Mo' money = Mo' problems.

Because a guy smoked some herb? Disappointed in a him I can see but no respect Butch please. How much alcohol have you consumed this week? If more people would smoke cannabis instead of drink alcohol the world would be a better place. MY PERSONAL OPINION ONLY

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
No way jerry jones is dumb enough to put him with D. Fooley again. this would never happen. :no:

You have your hater's blinders on. Dooley was a good enough position coach for Saban to keep him. I think it would be hilarious. Unfortunately, DR may be headed for the ash heap when he gets all of that money. He will make TO and Ocho Cinco look like pikers with his big head and attitude. His only hope is for his teammates to give him some Code Red and set him on the right path. I hope he makes it for his and the Vols sake.

He'll get drafted by the Cowboys, he'll hang with fellow draftee Honey Badger and Dez and Spencer. His WR coach will be Dooley. They will throw lots of money at him.

What could possibly go wrong. lol

VN Store

Back