Bruce Feldman on DaRick Rogers

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
DaRick Rogers on why he ended up at TN Tech: "Simple. It was immaturity. Goin to Tech humbled me a lot. I had to learn to control that edge"

Lesson learned or media speak?

Media speak. I don't think he learned his lesson that quickly. He wanted to be a "star," pissed away his chances at UT (literally), saw the opportunity to "shine" at TTU, took it to use up his eligibility after we let him go, and made the next jump up to the pros.

Helluva athlete, but I have zero respect for him.

Additionally, I think there's a good chance he may be featured on ESPN one day for failing league substance abuse policies. Mo' money = Mo' problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Either way at least he is smart enough to say the right thing. That has to be worth something.

Reactions: 5 people
He's trying to get that meal ticket.

I say media speak!

You can take a .... Nm.

Should he get drafted by the Cowboys, then the old Da Rick will come out again. He will be with Dez Bryant to influence him.

However; if he goes to New England or Pittsburgh, they will not tolerate him acting silly. He will be on a short leash.

It depends on the environment he will be in.

Reactions: 3 people
I hope that it's a lesson learned but right now it just comes across as Rogers trying to say the right things to improve his draft stock. I hope Rogers does well in the NFL. It was sad to see him leave the team last year.

Should he get drafted by the Cowboys, then the old Da Rick will come out again. He will be with Dez Bryant to influence him.

However; if he goes to New England or Pittsburgh, they will not tolerate him acting silly. He will be on a short leash.

No way jerry jones is dumb enough to put him with D. Fooley again. this would never happen. :no:

No way jerry jones is dumb enough to put him with D. Fooley again. this would never happen. :no:

lol As a [former] Cowboys fan, you really don't realize what you're saying. :)

Besides, DD may be a much better position coach than he was HC (can't be worse). We're giving the same opportunity to Coach Martinez here, whereas UGA fans think of him like we think of CDD. We can only wait and see what happens.

D. Rogers honestly could have been that one player that kept Dooley around. It will always been a what if but just imagine the numbers Bray could've had with Rogers in the mix....would've been beyond nasty. Hey, everything happens for a reason and we got the man I believe (so far) will get us back to where we belong. Full Butch!

Media speak. I don't think he learned his lesson that quickly. He wanted to be a "star," pissed away his chances at UT (literally), saw the opportunity to "shine" at TTU, took it to use up his eligibility after we let him go, and made the next jump up to the pros.

Helluva athlete, but I have zero respect for him.

Additionally, I think there's a good chance he may be featured on ESPN one day for failing league substance abuse policies. Mo' money = Mo' problems.

its just weed man....no guns or beating people up....bet many on here do some sort of mind altering substance,,,alcohol included

Reactions: 3 people
If true and and is humbled a bit, he can be a great NFL player. He's got the tools, just got to get his mind right.

Did he get in any trouble at TT? If not maybe lesson learned.

I've worn pairs of jeans longer between washes than he was at TT. Let's not act like avoiding arrest or failing a drug test for 5 months means you have become a new man. I wish him the best, but most of us have seen this song and dance from dozens over the years.

Wait a minute. Have you forgotten who the new receiver coach for the Cowboys is? Dooley will cut DaRick and Bryant in a heart beat. He simply doesn't tolerate poor behavior by any player.:eek:lol:

VN Store

Back