Brice: AD down Fulmer and Blackburn, but...

Maybe im not a genius and just don't understand.

What is the issue with hiring Blackburn as AD and having Fulmer in a position in the Athletic dept as well?

Our number 1 and 2 (according to many) are both available and willing to be hired together (assuming Blackburn as ad in this scenario). How often does that happen?

Reactions: 3 people

I am not so sure about that. But there is obviously someone with influence trying to get Fulmer a position. I know alot of people think he can do no wrong, but I have read a few of his quotes, and they don't give me an ounce of optimism. I think bringing him in really does more harm than good, and the reasons I think that should be obvious.

Reactions: 4 people
Exactly! People allow their (justified) hate for Kiffin to cloud their judgment. Kiffin actually did an amazing job with what he had.

That's just not true. I admit that squad had some weaknesses, but come on.

Any squad with Eric Berry, D'Moore, Hardesty, Luke Stocker, Bryce Brown, etc. was better than 7-5.

That team had NFL talent all over the field.

Reactions: 2 people
So if Blackburn were hired as AD he would hire Fulmer? Hearing he would look at Neyland Stadium bylaws and try to get Fulmer honored in the ring of honor between the upper and lower deck of the stadium. I think that is great new if it happens.

Totally hypothetical scenario: What if UT is pumping the breaks on Blackburn because he's hinted at not hesitating firing Butch the second he screws up, where Fulmer is going to give Butch more of a leash and at least two more years?

I'm not sure if they did, never heard the outcome on that. that's why I included "how many" in the form of a question.
I'm not usually like this on UT stuff, but it was moving so slow, I kind of stopped paying attention.

And in some twisted way, that may have been the point. Let's face it, wisdom is not their strong suit on the hill.

Actual human beings can't figure out which of these options makes sense. It's like celebrity jeopardy.

:eek:lol:My only concern with Fulmer as AD would he have the guts to fire Coach Harley Warlick? I do not believe that Fulmer would fire her.

If Blackburn gets he job he will hire Fulmer. If Fulmer gets the AD Job, Blackburn has stated he will not come to be 2nd in command. Per Brice

Many people think Fulmer kind of coasted towards the end of his HC stint. Does anyone think he may coast behind a desk and get paid for it? I personally think he would " work like heck " to continue rebuilding the football program and get it back to where it was in the 90's. I think him and Blackburn would be a powerful duo for the football program in particular.

Last edited:
So if Blackburn were hired as AD he would hire Fulmer? Hearing he would look at Neyland Stadium bylaws and try to get Fulmer honored in the ring of honor between the upper and lower deck of the stadium. I think that is great new if it happens.

Holy necro-bump Batman :crazy:

It makes sense when he should have NOT been fired in the first place.

There are folks on here and in the media that would fire the current coach who has 2 back to back 9 win seasons and you would keep a coach that was trending downward?

Totally hypothetical scenario: What if UT is pumping the breaks on Blackburn because he's hinted at not hesitating firing Butch the second he screws up, where Fulmer is going to give Butch more of a leash and at least two more years?

Coach Jones has at least 2 more years unless the bottom falls out on the football field. Back to back 9 win seasons does not = fire the coach.

IMO, we do not need a hot handed AD that will fire at will just because folks on here do not like a coach.

Reactions: 3 people

If Butch has two more years, go ahead and just shut things down immediately.

VN Store

Back