Brian Gregory's name is starting to pick up some steam

Can we hire him as an assistant? He's a pretty good recruiter, apparently. Check out Dayton's '10 class.

This is yet another coach who has never been ranked better than 4th in his own conference.

He may be awesome, but on paper this looks utterly awful.

Can we hire him as an assistant? He's a pretty good recruiter, apparently. Check out Dayton's '10 class.

This is yet another coach who has never been ranked better than 4th in his own conference.

He may be awesome, but on paper this looks utterly awful.

Do both of these things remind anyone else of Dooley? Except he's had longer to succeed at Dayton than Dooley did at Tech. And he hasn't.

well the new thread that just popped up says Hubbs saying we will name a new head coach within 48 hrs... maybe this is more credible than we thought

Who is this guy we speak of....

afe250d40a68e19047109bac27984b1445a4d04.jpg

HELL NOOO!!!!! I'm on record.. if he comes to UT, I'll guarantee we won't get above 15 wins the next 5 years. This is not what we need.

I've been a Dayton Flyer season ticket holder for 20 years. Gregory is a phenomenal recruiter. We get a top 5 player out of Michigan every year. Problem is, he is a terrible, terrible x's and o's coach. The Dayton faithful has been calling for him to go despite his decent success. There is a petition going around the internet to fire Brian Gregory. This would be a horrendous hire and I cannot say that enough

I know this coach very well because I have season tickets to the Dayton games. He can recruit with the best of them but I don't think he is the best coach.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I've been a Dayton Flyer season ticket holder for 20 years. Gregory is a phenomenal recruiter. We get a top 5 player out of Michigan every year. Problem is, he is a terrible, terrible x's and o's coach. The Dayton faithful has been calling for him to go despite his decent success. There is a petition going around the internet to fire Brian Gregory. This would be a horrendous hire and I cannot say that enough

Well, its not like we aren't used to awful xs and os guys

I know this coach very well because I have season tickets to the Dayton games. He can recruit with the best of them but I don't think he is the best coach.

Sounds fantastic! Are we just looking for a stopgap so that the next guy will be stocked with talent? We can do better than that.

Well, its not like we aren't used to awful xs and os guys

He's a great defensive coach as well. My god, is offense is so god awfully bad. It will bore you to death and be prepared to average 50 points per game

Nonsense.

Sadly, it may not be nonsense. His style sucks -- heavy on defense and no measurable offense. Two of the 2010 recruits leaving because they hate his playing style, teams from other schools in the conference offering to donate money to UD to keep Gregory, not a strong X&O guy, etc.

Nice guy that won't be in NCAA trouble, though.

He is kind of a stupid coach. Last year he had the most atheletic team but he wouldn't let them run. In the nit he finally let them run and they won it all

Sadly, it may not be nonsense. His style sucks -- heavy on defense and no measurable offense. Two of the 2010 recruits leaving because they hate his playing style, teams from other schools in the conference offering to donate money to UD to keep Gregory, not a strong X&O guy, etc.

. The guys that left had very big heads and thought they should of shot every shot.

He's a great defensive coach as well. My god, is offense is so god awfully bad. It will bore you to death and be prepared to average 50 points per game

Sounds like a lot more of what we had this year.

Is Hammy just trying to stock the cupboard for three years from now, Ron Zook style?

To say he couldn't win 15 games once in five years is a big time reach.

He played 1 year at Navy and then transferred?

How does someone get out of a Navy scholarship? I thought you actually were enlisted. Explain...

Or was he just kicked out?

To say he couldn't win 15 games once in five years is a big time reach.

OK, you're right. That was too strong. It's just that since coming to Ohio I've watched his coaching for a number of years now and I really can't stand the way his teams typically play. The administration at UD (a Catholic university) loves the guy, which is how he keeps a job.

Oh, and IF he does well at UT, his next stop would be Michigan State once Izzo retires.

He played 1 year at Navy and then transferred?

How does someone get out of a Navy scholarship? I thought you actually were enlisted. Explain...

Or was he just kicked out?

You have no obligation until you begin your Junior year.

VN Store

Back