breaking: wilcox and sirmon to washington not a rumor

This is the worst possible news we could have at this point in Dooley's tenure and in this recruiting season. So much for the "curse" being over.

Reactions: 2 people
ok ...who are some of the defensive coordinators we might be able to lure away to tennessee. like someone else said, they better open up the bank account and get a big name cause the fan base will want someones head....just sayin

Hope I'm wrong but I dont think many top DCs will be interested in coming into a program that is so unstable as UT's is right now. I just don't see the attractiveness of the Washington job and what Wilcom and Sirmon see in it but oh well.

Reactions: 3 people
I think it's weird that he turned down this position at the university of Texas just to take the job a year later at Washington. That is unless they're going to make him the highest paid DC in the country

By the way Hubbs is saying the same thing.

We are writing up a story now... Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But both Wilcox and Sirmon are heading to Washington.

Hope I'm wrong but I dont think many top DCs will be interested in coming into a program that is so unstable as UT's is right now. I just don't see the attractiveness of the Washington job and what Wilcom and Sirmon see in it but oh well.

To go out west into Pac-12 and get the Oregon job one day

Microsoft money?

Good bye. I was looking forward to seeing a Wilcox D with some talent and depth, but oh well.

I think CLT deserves a shot as DC.

Reactions: 1 person
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. I thought 2011 was over?!?!

Here is the answer....... Fire Dooley... And actually PAY a real coach to come and fix this mess. Make them understand that with the large checks they are getting that they are not able to talk with other schools.

Take the big check and bring this dumpster-fire under control.

Yah theres NO WAY any decent, let alone good, DC is gonna come here for just 1 season. The only chance we have is if we get a TOP dC and tell him you are DC this year, integrate yourself with the system and you will be the HC next when we fire Dooley worthless butt.
We ARE now officially worse than Vandy, don't believe me, wait til after NSD and their class is ranked higher than ours and they actually have a coach than can coach UP the players! Quote me on this all you want, but I guarantee come NSD, when I'm right, not one of you calling me out today, will have the balls to dare bring this back up and admit I was right.

Unfeaking believable, dooley can't keep recruits, now he's losing coaches.... Can we just get rid of him now... This class will already be in shambles.

It surely will be telling. Other programs are losing their coordinators and it is barely even causing them a bump in the road.

If it blows ours up it will be even more of a death blow to Dooley. I hope he can hold it together.

I beg all weak-stomached VN'ers to NOT listen to Clay Travis this afternoon. I don't think I can stomach the impending 250 different threads dealing with his take on this.

I think it's weird that he turned down this position at the university of Texas just to take the job a year later at Washington. That is unless they're going to make him the highest paid DC in the country

Exactly this is evidence to support the fact that they are leaving to go to the west coast. Not because they are jumping ship because they see us as a sinking ship.

VN Store

Back