breaking: wilcox and sirmon to washington not a rumor

You know, when I slow down and think about this, this looks awful from a recruiting standpoint, but Dooley IS doing the right thing by making hires with ties into our university. Personally, I think we need more hires like Jay Graham. Guys that actually have a chance of staying here and truly giving their all for Tennessee.

But most of you guys are right. If Dooley doesn't step up on the hiring process we will again struggle this coming year and his seat will almost be consumed by the flames. Bring in the Vols to coach the Vols. That's exactly how this program's history is rooted and we need to get back to that.

THIS IS NOT ENTIRELY BAD. I thought that we've learned our lesson by now about hires from the Pac 12.

Here's to a successful 2012 season and go Vols!

Maybe and I am just throwing a name out there Dale Jones would be a good fit? Isn't he the DC at App. State? Played LB here from East Tenn....

Spangler is a good DC. He is up for the Broyles Award this year as the top Coordinator in the nation. He has consistently produced top 25 ranked defenses in both passing an rushing defense. We could do worse.

these coaches are leaving the SEC is they don`t have the self confidence to do battle with SEC opponents.
I say let him go.
We need coaches with a back bone.

Reactions: 2 people
This is awful..Hopefully Hart and Dooley don't hire another "west coast guy"
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No, don't need to try that again. There's gotta be some decent TN guys that want to represent. Get someone that actually has UT pride.

Good Riddance! Never thought Wilcox was all that great anyway. When will Tn learn to keep the coaches that actually want to be here? No, they fire every coach with any desire to be here or love for the big orange.( Majors, Fulmer, Chavis, Sanders, C.Smith, etc, etc.)

If true, losing Wilcox in a lateral move is pretty telling.

Going from DC in the SEC to DC in the PAC is not a lateral. It's even more damning that it's a step backwards.

There are three premier conferences - AFC, NFC, and SEC

Going from DC in the SEC to DC in the PAC is not a lateral. It's even more damning that it's a step backwards.

There are three premier conferences - AFC, NFC, and SEC

I second this. Defense in the PAC-whatever has been awful in the bowl games.

woody Widenhofer....steel curtain defense at Pittsburg and gave Peyton fits at vandy .
He is 68 and could out scheme papa Kiffin

on a serious note. For those old enough to remember the Stallings era at Bama, they went through the same things we are now. From 1993 until the Nick Saban hire. It does now appear that we could very likely be heading down the same path. All we can do now is hope that finding our "fit" coach doesn't take as long as it did there. Considering they had to give up some scholarships and we didn't I think might help us but Dooley is the guy until at least midseason. Unless he resigns in the press conference tomorrow. That would help explain Wilcox and Sirmon. Eventually a coach is going to remember this is a big time program with big time tradition and knock out facilities. Just like at Bama. The part that makes me the happiest is the fact that Hart was a part of that turnaround. So lets have some faith Vol fans. The ship will get off the bottom, try to be patient in the mean time and support our university and program.

Reactions: 1 person
on a serious note. For those old enough to remember the Stallings era at Bama, they went through the same things we are now. From 1993 until the Nick Saban hire. It does now appear that we could very likely be heading down the same path. All we can do now is hope that finding our "fit" coach doesn't take as long as it did there. Considering they had to give up some scholarships and we didn't I think might help us but Dooley is the guy until at least midseason. Unless he resigns in the press conference tomorrow. That would help explain Wilcox and Sirmon. Eventually a coach is going to remember this is a big time program with big time tradition and knock out facilities. Just like at Bama. The part that makes me the happiest is the fact that Hart was a part of that turnaround. So lets have some faith Vol fans. The ship will get off the bottom, try to be patient in the mean time and support our university and program.

I agree with you that it feels similar. I thought Hart was at Free Shoes University until recently. Maybe I am wrong.

I swear, only this program...where a 5-7 year has other schools wanting to poach assistants.

Maybe we need to bulldoze the stadium and turn most of it into student parking so something good could come out of it. We can build a jam-up Hacky Sack arena and concentrate on a NC in that sport in a few years.
:cray:

Go Band!

Maybe we need to bulldoze the stadium and turn most of it into student parking so something good could come out of it. We can build a jam-up Hacky Sack arena and concentrate on a NC in that sport in a few years.
:cray:

Go Band!

Darn guy, get a life!The world is not ending "YET"!

VN Store

Back